The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go from CCC to AAA at A2?

I got my AS results - CCC in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I was 1 UMS mark off a B in Maths. With hard work and dedication, is it possible to go from CCC to AAA in A2?
Reply 1
Original post by AuroraU
I got my AS results - CCC in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I was 1 UMS mark off a B in Maths. With hard work and dedication, is it possible to go from CCC to AAA in A2?

Yes, of course it is. If you've done very badly in a specific exam, consider resitting it to boost up your grade significantly. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Quizlet
Yes, of course it is. If you've done very badly in a specific exam, consider resitting it to boost up your grade significantly. :smile:

Thank you for your response. I can only resit Maths because it's the only modular exam I am doing
I went from ABDE at AS to AAA with A* in EPQ. Just work hard, as hard as you need to to get the grades. Grades are about work ethic not intelligence for the most part. Sure, some get it easy but those are in a very small minority, the reality is that the vast majority of the 'smart' kids you see are putting in hours after school into their studies.
Reply 4
Original post by botsimon
I went from ABDE at AS to AAA with A* in EPQ. Just work hard, as hard as you need to to get the grades. Grades are about work ethic not intelligence for the most part. Sure, some get it easy but those are in a very small minority, the reality is that the vast majority of the 'smart' kids you see are putting in hours after school into their studies.

Thank you!!
Yup. It's going to take a lot of work and responsibility obviously, but it's definitely possible. My advice would be to make a detailed plan for how you would balance the work load and what study methods you would use.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AuroraU

I went from a c in maths last year, I got an A today
Reply 7
Original post by AuroraU

Absolutely. For maths, don't attend the lessons, they are a waste of valuable time. Read the study books from cover to cover several times including all the examples.Practice the questions. Then practice harder questions as the standard is going up. The questions in the study book may not be hard enough.
Just beliveveeeeeeeeeee
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Yup. It's going to take a lot of work and responsibility obviously, but it's definitely possible. My advice would be to make a detailed plan for how you would balance the work load and what study methods you would use.
On top of that, proper time management would be insanely beneficial, regardless of whether you have extra time or not.

SIDE NOTE: Try figure out what works best for you in terms of work ethic. Personally i found that having to go to classes was so incredibly detrimental to my study habits, i would always fall short in exams. It's most definitely a dangerous method to skip class, but if you find it helps you in any way try it out (even though you do pay for school lessons).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by botsimon

Cannot agree with this more. The majority of sixth formers with high grades aren't just 'naturally gifted', they graft hard for their grades. They put in major extra hours and try their hardest in what they do. If you have the right work ethic, then yes it is possible. :smile:
Original post by AuroraU

Yes, never doubt yourself, even if others do.

Source: ME
AS Mocks= CDEE Maths Physics Chemistry History
AS actual grades = AAAA

A2 Mocks = CDE Chemistry Maths Physics Respectively
A2 actual grades = A*AA

Time between mocks and real exams: 5-6 months

End your social life for a little while, it's totally worth it!
Reply 12
What was your revision method? And how long did your revision sessions last?
I went from CCC to AAA. So I'm living proof, you could say :smile:.

Just work hard. Consistent work everyday will net you those top grades.
Reply 14
Original post by Kyou
I went from CCC to AAA. So I'm living proof, you could say :smile:.

Just work hard. Consistent work everyday will net you those top grades.

Which subjects did you do?
Original post by AuroraU
Which subjects did you do?

Physics, Maths, Biology
Original post by AuroraU
What was your revision method? And how long did your revision sessions last?

I just made sure I had everything that I needed to know. So in history this consisted of going through the entire AQA textbook, so all 48 chapters, 400+ pages..it took a long time but I ended up with a good grade and otherwise would have failed so it was worth it.

I just made notes on google drive from the textbook. I did this so it was easily accessible. I went through a chapter and annotated parts that I thought might be useful during the exam, so dates, details, potential arguments i could make etc. and then made notes.

Once I had finished the 24 chapters, I started on the next 24 chapters. However, I additionally started condensing the notes of the 24 completed chapters down to A4 sides. Then I hand wrote out as much of that as I could, which ended up as the first 8 chapters of each, and then wrote the details of those on flashcards.

I went through the flash cards the night before, and before the exam. This meant that I would try and recite the details. If I'd forget a detail, I'd write it down by hand, as physically writing helps you remember things better .
Reply 17
i got a ccc today in accounting, economics and business. hopefully i can come back to this thread with AAA.

Quick Reply

Latest