The Student Room Group

Priority remark

Will i hear tomo??? This is for edexcel

Scroll to see replies

You will hear within 15 days. Most likely not tomorrow. If you're going this to try and improve a grade to meet offer requirements, your university will hold the offer until 31st Aug
Original post by little tail chaser
you will hear within 15 days. Most likely not tomorrow. If you're going this to try and improve a grade to meet offer requirements, your university will hold the offer until 31st aug

are edexcel fast
Original post by geography1294
are edexcel fast

It's guaranteed within 15 calandar days, that's all I can tell you I'm afraid.
Might be rare but canmy paper go up 2 grades ?? because all my teachers were so shocked and said i was unfairly marked
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
It's guaranteed within 15 calandar days, that's all I can tell you I'm afraid.

Might be rare but canmy paper go up 2 grades ?? because all my teachers were so shocked and said i was unfairly marked?????????
Might be rare but canmy paper go up 2 grades ?? because all my teachers were so shocked and said i was unfairly marked?????????

It's extremely rare verging on impossible that it would go up two grades, one maybe but not two.

It definitely can, that's quite far to go up. Last year only 20% of remarks resulted in a grade increase. What subject is this for?
It definitely can, that's quite far to go up. Last year only 20% of remarks resulted in a grade increase. What subject is this for?

geog- essay subject
Original post by Jackieox
It's extremely rare verging on impossible that it would go up two grades, one maybe but not two.

geog
geog- essay subject

Okay, subjects with such broad marking criteria may have more of a chance of going up than more objectively marked subjects, but two grades is a lot to go up by.
Okay, subjects with such broad marking criteria may have more of a chance of going up than more objectively marked subjects, but two grades is a lot to go up by.

Last year edexcel miscounted my friends paper , she went from a u to a c.
my teacher is completely baffed
I have some data for you:

Last year the average resolution time for a priority remark for Edexcel was three days. So if they can repeat that service and you unfortunately don't make the grades still then you will have time to go through clearing and choose another course if you wanted. Only 11.64% of remarks resulted in a grade change, so two grades is highly unlikely, but hopefully the knowledge that clearing is still an option is reassuring for you.
(edited 6 years ago)
I have some data for you:

Last year the average resolution time for a priority remark for Edexcel was three days. So if they can repeat that service and you unfortunately don't make the grades still then you will have time to go through clearing and choose another course if you wanted.

i got a place already, i need this grade for ib
i got a place already, i need this grade for ib

What do you mean by ib?
What do you mean by ib?

gRAD jobs
gRAD jobs

My friend's english paper went from a C to an A so maybe? Also does anyone know how fast OCR and AQA are?
Original post by babypink0919
My friend's english paper went from a C to an A so maybe? Also does anyone know how fast OCR and AQA are?

ocr- my friend heard the next day for physics
gRAD jobs

Okay. I understand that investment banking (I'm assuming that's what 'ib' is?) is competitive, but it's not the end of the world if you can't get your geography grade up. Your degree and work experience will be much more important at that stage.

On a related note, there is no reason to apply for a priority remark in that case, and since you are quite unlikely to increase your grade as high as you'd like, I'd recommend going for a regular remark (~£40) as it will be cheaper than a priority remark (~£50). You will only get your money back if your grade goes up.

3 years ago, one of my papers went from a D to an A with a re-mark, it was mis marked by about 30 marks so it is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest