The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Cannot sign into accomodation

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lw8
Hi, i received an offer today, however, i cannot login to the accommodation page as 'you are not eligible to enter'??
Do i need to physically accept my offer first in order to choose my accommodation? I find this weird as, many other unis seem to allow you to choose your accommodation months in advance?
Advice appreciated, thanks

Hi, last year I got an email about a week before telling me when the accommodation portal would be open to me. Have you checked that and made sure you are able to apply yet?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Penguinfarts
Hi, last year I got an email about a week before telling me when the accommodation portal would be open to me. Have you checked that and made sure you are able to apply yet?

Ah okay, I didn't see that email originally, it's telling me I should've applied before 31st July in order to be guaranteed accommodation, slightly worried now! :/
I tried to apply for accommodation before then but it said I wasn't eligible back then either so I assumed I had to confirm my offer. Really confused now.
Reply 3
Original post by lw8
Ah okay, I didn't see that email originally, it's telling me I should've applied before 31st July in order to be guaranteed accommodation, slightly worried now! :/
I tried to apply for accommodation before then but it said I wasn't eligible back then either so I assumed I had to confirm my offer. Really confused now.

For loughborough you had to apply for the accomodation login before the 31st July. After this you get an email telling you when you can apply for accomodation (my slot was for today at 10:00am)
Original post by Rexar
For loughborough you had to apply for the accomodation login before the 31st July. After this you get an email telling you when you can apply for accomodation (my slot was for today at 10:00am)

Oh god! Do you know what happens if you don't apply before then? Do i not get a place?
Original post by lw8
Oh god! Do you know what happens if you don't apply before then? Do i not get a place?

I'd call up the accommodation office first thing tomorrow morning, right now they will likely be trying to sort out people who get into Loughborough through clearing so hopefully you will be able to get into that bunch of applicants.
Reply 6
Original post by lw8

I am affraid this may be possible. Today it was pure chaos, I went on at 10:00am straigh and my first and second choices were already gone so I quickly rushed onto my third.
If you dont apply in the time slot given to your particular corse and gender then you may miss out on university allocated accomodation, they only allow a certain amount in each hall for a particular course :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by lw8

I was on this page earlier that said when each course and gender have to apply, thhere is a chance yours may be tomorrow, I will try to find this for you, what is your course btw?
Also you shoudl have registered for the accomodation login before 31st july sp I woupd get this sorted tomorrow as soon as the phones open
Original post by Rexar
I was on this page earlier that said when each course and gender have to apply, thhere is a chance yours may be tomorrow, I will try to find this for you, what is your course btw?
Also you shoudl have registered for the accomodation login before 31st july sp I woupd get this sorted tomorrow as soon as the phones open

I've read up about this and it said Friday at 10am for me? But I don't have my login sorted so I guess I'm going to have to phone up, argh the stressss, thanks for your help!
Original post by lw8

Loughborough does do their utmost to try and get first years onto campus accommodation, last year one of my friends came through clearing and he ended up with my flat after a person dropped out, having stayed at the University Lodge (A hotel on campus for a week). So they do try their best, and I wouldn't panic too much.
At the same time there is still always private accommodation around Loughborough, I would research that tonight, but at the same time hope for the best.

On another note congratulations on getting into Loughborough and I think for Economics? If so you might have the misfortune of having me as a Peer Mentor :tongue:.
Reply 10
Original post by lw8
I've read up about this and it said Friday at 10am for me? But I don't have my login sorted so I guess I'm going to have to phone up, argh the stressss, thanks for your help!

Ahh thats okay then, just try and get that login sorted!
Bit of advice, be on the accomodation at 9;50am and keep hitting refresh, as I said my first two were gone straight away so get on and dont delay it at all, I didnt realise the time constraint myself, but everything goes on 1 milisecond.
If you are wanting to stay in robert baquel then you have to be extra quick, this is the first to go and will disapear in 1 seconsd.

Lastly good luck to you, I hope you get the accomodation you want ( which one are you looking at?)
Original post by Rexar
Ahh thats okay then, just try and get that login sorted!
Bit of advice, be on the accomodation at 9;50am and keep hitting refresh, as I said my first two were gone straight away so get on and dont delay it at all, I didnt realise the time constraint myself, but everything goes on 1 milisecond.
If you are wanting to stay in robert baquel then you have to be extra quick, this is the first to go and will disapear in 1 seconsd.

Lastly good luck to you, I hope you get the accomodation you want ( which one are you looking at?)

I'm honestly so unprepared, I basically want an en suite catered halls, which isn't looking too likely as of now! Thanks for you advice!
Reply 12
Original post by lw8
I'm honestly so unprepared, I basically want an en suite catered halls, which isn't looking too likely as of now! Thanks for you advice!

No problem, good luck!
Original post by lw8

Hey Iw8

Like the others say, I'd give them a call this morning - Their contact no. is 01509 274488.

You'll also find useful info here on the process depending on whether or not you have registered yet:

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/announcements/accommodation-for-new-students-for-2017-entry.html

Try not to panic, they'll talk you through everything! The accommodation centre are really helpful, I'm sure you'll feel more at ease once you've chatted with them.

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending