The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4440
Original post by Obiejess
I'm in the summer pool for Law. How rare actually is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swim swim little fish.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elanor44
Got A*A*AA in Biology, English Literature, Maths and Chemistry in that order. Unfortunately I needed an A* in two of Biology, Chemistry or Maths so I missed my offer for medicine. I was 1.5% UMS off the A* for Maths :frown: Contacted my college and they basically told me it's all over. I was a complete wreck this morning but I'm coming to terms with it. I'm still going to Bristol to do a course I'm passionate about! It's just so hard because I built up this picture of the next six years of my life in Cambridge and now I'm at a loss. So, so close but yet so far.

I can't believe that closeness. I'm glad that you still have your course - and Bristol is obviously an amazing university.

I think it's awesome that you got A*s in such wildly different subjects.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
So I got A*A*A* which means I have safely secured my space! I shall promptly shuffle over to the freshers thread. I was not expecting this, I am shook. :hat2:Also thanks to all of the lovely messages, within the spoiler I have tried to reply to as many as I could. I also got between 95-100% in all of my exams, and the local paper is using me as a case study (though I told them to put in 'worlds biggest Coldplay fan' so I hope they do mention that fact...)

Spoiler

Wow, 3A*'s in those subjects... also keeping in mind your circumstances and previous grades, you're a complete beast. Well done, you went from fearing not even getting an interview to exceeding your already tough Cambridge offer. Hats off to you
Is the summer pool for english usually really competitive? Are the chances higher or lower than getting an offer in january?
Hi! After reading a load of thread details about offers grade requirements I've noticed the general offer for Cambridge NatSci is A*A*A. I was able to get those grades but I didn't meet my offer of A*A*A*. Is it common for people to get a similar offer to me? UCAS does not say I've been rejected so I guess I'm still in with a shot (however minor).

Congrats to anyone who met their offer :biggrin:
Original post by Student1256
Wow, 3A*'s in those subjects... also keeping in mind your circumstances and previous grades, you're a complete beast. Well done, you went from fearing not even getting an interview to exceeding your already tough Cambridge offer. Hats off to you

Thanks so much oh my god! This message means so much, and thanks so much for taking the time to write it. It has been a bit crazy, and now I am really exhausted and just want to go to bed haha. I don't think it has quite hit me yet. I can't believe exceeded it though!!
Reply 4446
Original post by babypink0919
Is the summer pool for english usually really competitive? Are the chances higher or lower than getting an offer in january?

There's no stats on the number in the pool per subject.

See what Peterhouse advised in their thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=73271514&postcount=172
Original post by Steliata
Thanks, and congrats to your son too! Which college does he have an offer for?

He will be going to Jesus to do Natural Sciences. I hope it's everything you dream it will be :smile:
Reply 4448
Original post by WalkingSandwich
Hi! After reading a load of thread details about offers grade requirements I've noticed the general offer for Cambridge NatSci is A*A*A. I was able to get those grades but I didn't meet my offer of A*A*A*. Is it common for people to get a similar offer to me? UCAS does not say I've been rejected so I guess I'm still in with a shot (however minor).

Congrats to anyone who met their offer :biggrin:

If you are still showing as Conditional then you are still under consideration. It's possible you are in the Summer Pool.

Did you send your raw marks, or UMS, to your college? Have they been in touch at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
If you are still showing as Conditional then you are still under consideration. It's possible you are in the Summer Pool.

Did you send your raw marks, or UMS, to your college? Have they been in touch at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The college have been incontact today requesting my exam breakdown which I was happy to supply for them. I guess it's back to the waiting game.
Reply 4450
Original post by WalkingSandwich
The college have been incontact today requesting my exam breakdown which I was happy to supply for them. I guess it's back to the waiting game.

Ah ok. Yes they should be in touch one way or the other tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peachykeen
I know i havent posted here basically since offer day but huge well done to all those who got in!!! good luck to those still waiting!!!

Spoiler

I'll see you in Trin my pal :biggrin:

And I'll see you guys in Oct!!!
Well done everyone!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by czhang1998
I'll see you in Trin my pal :biggrin:

And I'll see you guys in Oct!!!
Well done everyone!!

omg yay!!!! well doneee
Can't wait to see you all! (well I won't see you all, there's too many, but you know what I mean)
Reply 4454
Original post by pamplemousse.
Can't wait to see you all! (well I won't see you all, there's too many, but you know what I mean)

I think you'll be surprised at just how many Freshers can squeeze into Cindy's!

It's customary to all wear TSR username badges...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
my friend went up by 5 marks if that helps? I know it's unlikely that that will happen but if you're 1.5 UMS away it won't hurt you plus the school pays for it don't they?

Thank you for your encouragement!! My school isn't paying it but I'm lucky that my parents don't mind and are in a position to be able to afford it. I need an extra 3 UMS which averages to 1.5 across C3 and C4 so I'm just silently praying

Original post by Forecast
Depends on the school.

Yeah mine aren't lol rip

Original post by sir albert
Oh wow, that's tough. Sorry to hear that. Clearly you are top quality and Cambridge make mistakes sometimes. Good luck, by the sounds of it you're going to make a great doctor.

Thank you so much. I'm feeling a lot better about it now, I've just never had a real academic setback before (I know that sounds ridiculous and I'm obviously still very proud of my grades). The main thing I'm upset by is that my college told me they'd want to know my UMS in the case of a near miss, but when my teacher called them to let them know apparently they'd hardly let him finish his sentence. I know they're under no obligation to take me as I missed the offer but to get my hopes up with a promise of some flexibility I think was really unfair.
Original post by zippidee
I can't believe that closeness. I'm glad that you still have your course - and Bristol is obviously an amazing university.

I think it's awesome that you got A*s in such wildly different subjects.

Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me. Yeah the crazy thing is I did a stupidly small amount of revision for English because I knew it wasn't included in my offer, and I worked my butt off for my other subjects. I guess the world works in mysterious ways. Hopefully Bristol will be a bigger and better adventure!
This wait is tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4458
Original post by Obiejess
This wait is tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by WhiteScythe
My offer has been confirmed!

Yay I was very hopeful it would be!

Latest

Trending

Trending