The Student Room Group

Is it worth resitting c1&2?

How easy is c1&2 once you have done c3&4 (&M1)? I want to bump up my grades by at least 1 grade in both modules so hopefully i can bump it up overall. I only want to redo it if c3&4 actually help me (ps im bad at series and polynomials).
Thx
YES it totally is worth it. C1 and 2 are so simple compared to c3 and 4 although you don't really revisit series.
go4it
Reply 3
Original post by black1blade
YES it totally is worth it. C1 and 2 are so simple compared to c3 and 4 although you don't really revisit series.

What other topics do u not revisit? I struggled with c2 loads but now its c1 from what my results show :s-smilie:
the c2 calculus genuinely is second nature to you after c3, and the algebra in c4 will again make c1 a breeze. Series don't really come up but that is a small topic that you should easily be able to improve over the year :h:
If you ignore the cost of resitting, I would say that it is always worth doing because your exam board will always the better result out of your original test and your resit.

I did AQA maths and found that there is alot of crossover between AS and A2 content meaning resits are easy to justify.

If you do choose to resit, focus on the A2 exams first as they can go a long way to bringing your AS grade up.
Original post by MKaur18
What other topics do u not revisit? I struggled with c2 loads but now its c1 from what my results show :s-smilie:

Literally everything in core 2 bar series.
Reply 7
Original post by dig0282
If you ignore the cost of resitting, I would say that it is always worth doing because your exam board will always the better result out of your original test and your resit.

I did AQA maths and found that there is alot of crossover between AS and A2 content meaning resits are easy to justify.

If you do choose to resit, focus on the A2 exams first as they can go a long way to bringing your AS grade up.

Ok, thanks. I don't want the stress though of having to resit 2 exams on top of my other 9 exams. Also, does c1 have 100% cross over or only 75%? Thanks again
Reply 8
Original post by surina16
the c2 calculus genuinely is second nature to you after c3, and the algebra in c4 will again make c1 a breeze. Series don't really come up but that is a small topic that you should easily be able to improve over the year :h:

Thanks. Is c1&2 going to be considerably easier after doin c3&4? Im just worried im going to stay on the same grade :'(
Original post by MKaur18
Ok, thanks. I don't want the stress though of having to resit 2 exams on top of my other 9 exams. Also, does c1 have 100% cross over or only 75%? Thanks again

I would say there is around 70% crossover between C1 and the A2 content.
Reply 10
Original post by dig0282
I would say there is around 70% crossover between C1 and the A2 content.

Okay thanks. I think i'm going to have to retake 🤔 My remark won't be any good. Is it usually like £25 per exam :s-smilie: or £40?
Original post by MKaur18
Thanks. Is c1&2 going to be considerably easier after doin c3&4? Im just worried im going to stay on the same grade :'(

it's not the same for everybody, but generally people find that c1 and c2 are much easier after having done the A2 modules. The only downside I would say is that c1 is non-calculator, because you become very dependent on it in c3 and c4. However, as long as you keep your basic arithmetic skills up then this shouldn't be too much of a problem :smile:
I sat c1, c2, c3 (+3 other modules) this year so the experience is v much still fresh in my mind :biggrin: x
Original post by MKaur18
Okay thanks. I think i'm going to have to retake 🤔 My remark won't be any good. Is it usually like £25 per exam :s-smilie: or £40?

£18.30 per exam for Summer 2018 (AQA).
As a person who has re-sat both C1 and C2, I 100% recommend you do so. I found C2 to be somewhat difficult in year 12 (got an E, lol), and after resitting got what would be an A* which is 90UMS. Focusing on C3 and C4 is very important, and you will find that after studying for those two your Core 1 and Core 2 will come to you naturally. Small topics such as series will take you very little time to revise, so don't worry about not having them in A2.
C1 and C2 becomes piss easy once you do C3/C4.
For edexcel the only topics in c1/c2 not covered in c3/c3 are: arthimetric squences, circles, geometric sequences.
Reply 15
Original post by surina16
it's not the same for everybody, but generally people find that c1 and c2 are much easier after having done the A2 modules. The only downside I would say is that c1 is non-calculator, because you become very dependent on it in c3 and c4. However, as long as you keep your basic arithmetic skills up then this shouldn't be too much of a problem :smile:
I sat c1, c2, c3 (+3 other modules) this year so the experience is v much still fresh in my mind :biggrin: x

Everyone says c1&2 will become more easier, but its whether it is worth the extra pressure since i have to move my other subject by 2 grades and my other one by 1-2 grades. :s-smilie:
I sat 9 exams just about this year. I'm not very academic and im bad at managing my health, i just hope it will all be worth it for results day. After these AS' it makes me question my course choices based on entry req are for me :/
Reply 16
Original post by Mathsmad123
C1 and C2 becomes piss easy once you do C3/C4.
For edexcel the only topics in c1/c2 not covered in c3/c3 are: arthimetric squences, circles, geometric sequences.

I think that's the same for aqa. That's alright then. I just will have to majorly brush up on my hard sequences stuff :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by dig0282
£18.30 per exam for Summer 2018 (AQA).

I just found it now. But i think my school is quoting £24 :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by noooopzor
As a person who has re-sat both C1 and C2, I 100% recommend you do so. I found C2 to be somewhat difficult in year 12 (got an E, lol), and after resitting got what would be an A* which is 90UMS. Focusing on C3 and C4 is very important, and you will find that after studying for those two your Core 1 and Core 2 will come to you naturally. Small topics such as series will take you very little time to revise, so don't worry about not having them in A2.

Is it possible for a non academic to jump from 2 grades?! I did the past papers and homework, i dont see how i did so badly :frown:
Reply 19
So you guys are saying it is worth the effort, emotions & stress as well as studying to do both exams..! I am the last year resittinf my course so wont it be the hardest exam of them all :frown:(((
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest