The Student Room Group

Road to 100kg Bench

17 on August 25th and 5'9 64kg and currently benching 75kg for my 1 rep max. Follow me on my way to my 100kg bench

I will be following a 3 day workout regime P/P/L

On Monday I shall train Chest/Triceps/Shoulders

On Wednesday I shall train Back/Biceps

On Friday I shall train Legs/Chest

All assuming I don't get any after school detentions for not handing in my homework.

I will be training chest twice a week to ensure optimal growth. My rep ranges will be within 3-5 for each 'main' lift (Bench/Squat/Deadlift), hence my overall goal is to increase strength further. My Accessory lifts (Bicep curl/Tricep pulldown) will be between 8 to 10 reps to allow it to stretch and to trigger hypertrophy.

Current 1 rep maxes as of 16/08/17 (2:15am): Bench: 75kg / Squat: 100kg / Deadlift: 120kg

I will update my 1 rep maxes every fortnight so my next update will be on 30/08/17

I will also post occasionally just to update on my progress.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheYearNiner

Good luck.

What is your age?

I would prefer if you log your sessions, that way I can see what your are doing and feel more invested in your progress. [It only takes me around 2-3 minutes to log mine, and my sessions are usually quite long]
Original post by Gone Revising II
Good luck.

What is your age?

I would prefer if you log your sessions, that way I can see what your are doing and feel more invested in your progress. [It only takes me around 2-3 minutes to log mine, and my sessions are usually quite long]

im going to be 17 in a week and sure i'll do my best to log each session:smile:
17 on August 25th and 5'9 64kg and currently benching 75kg for my 1 rep max. Follow me on my way to my 100kg bench

I will be following a 3 day workout regime P/P/L

On Monday I shall train Chest/Triceps/Shoulders

On Wednesday I shall train Back/Biceps

On Friday I shall train Legs/Chest

All assuming I don't get any after school detentions for not handing in my homework.

I will be training chest twice a week to ensure optimal growth. My rep ranges will be within 3-5 for each 'main' lift (Bench/Squat/Deadlift), hence my overall goal is to increase strength further. My Accessory lifts (Bicep curl/Tricep pulldown) will be between 8 to 10 reps to allow it to stretch and to trigger hypertrophy.

Current 1 rep maxes as of 16/08/17 (2:15am): Bench: 75kg / Squat: 100kg / Deadlift: 120kg

I will update my 1 rep maxes every fortnight so my next update will be on 30/08/17

I will also post occasionally just to update on my progress.

no abs day? you could prob add it into the leg day
Original post by addingishard
no abs day? you could prob add it into the leg day

Meh, I don't care about abs. However I may add it onto leg day like you say, thanks!
Today I trained legs working my way up to a 90kg squat for 2 reps and then did 6 reps at 60kg for 4 sets.

I also did some shoulder presses with 60kg barbell for 4 sets 12 reps.

Today was my light day so I didn't go to heavy.
Reply 6
"60kg barbell for 4 sets 12 reps" yet you can only bench 75kg I find this very hard to believe. At present I'm getting 100kg for a 5x5 on bench and hit those numbers on the over head press; this goes for the many people I've trained with. This is made yet more ridiculous by the fact that you stated you are 5'9" and weight 64kg. This would only make sense if you mean you do seated dumbbells 30kg each hand. Otherwise this is absolute nonsense.

Sorry if I came across as rude, the last post was slightly triggering. If I am completely and utterly incorrect and am stuck in ignorance please show me a video to correct me on ways. Thanks.
Are your shoulder presses push presses?
Reply 8

While this is highly likely to be the case if true, it's still ridiculous he has a 75 bench 1RM and can Push Press 60 for 4x12... on a light day... at 64kg bw. Something doesn't add up but this is TSR. I saw some guys like Burrito and others talking about how they bench 140 for reps lol. People will talk ****.
Original post by Sae.HH
While this is highly likely to be the case if true, it's still ridiculous he has a 75 bench 1RM and can Push Press 60 for 4x12... on a light day... at 64kg bw. Something doesn't add up but this is TSR. I saw some guys like Burrito and others talking about how they bench 140 for reps lol. People will talk ****.

I literally can't see what someone would have to gain from lying on the internet, much less keeping a blog about it.

I'm assuming that Burrito is a username lol.
My first thought as I was mentally processing your post was that I too like burritos and will soon be talking about my 140 for reps. [I'm certainly not 64kg though lol]

This is either a bit of a freak in strength terms who has a decent push press [freak based on training experience as they are young], or it's a misunderstanding of exercise terminology. If that's the case lets allow them to clarify. Maybe its a smith press with a twenty on each side being assumed to be 60 [in my opinion incorrectly], or a 'seated press' that's actually more of an incline, or a push press that its nowhere near locked out just push up past the head.
@Sae.HH this is motivating my presses like mad bro
Original post by Sae.HH
Some of these kids get too invested in their online image. It's pathetic but it is what it is.

i'm not lying u silly nonce, this was done on a smiths machine forgot to mention.
Original post by AbuAsliha
"60kg barbell for 4 sets 12 reps" yet you can only bench 75kg I find this very hard to believe. At present I'm getting 100kg for a 5x5 on bench and hit those numbers on the over head press; this goes for the many people I've trained with. This is made yet more ridiculous by the fact that you stated you are 5'9" and weight 64kg. This would only make sense if you mean you do seated dumbbells 30kg each hand. Otherwise this is absolute nonsense.

Sorry if I came across as rude, the last post was slightly triggering. If I am completely and utterly incorrect and am stuck in ignorance please show me a video to correct me on ways. Thanks.

was on a smith machine
Today I did Chest and Triceps, Started off with Incline dumbbell press for 12 reps of heavy weight whilst doing this for 4 sets. Attempted 30kg but couldn't get it in lol.

After that I did flat bench dumbbell press for 12 reps of a moderate weight and for 4 sets just to get that pump. Did some flies with light weight (8kg) for same amount of reps but 3 sets and then I did triceps, straight to tricep pushdown heavy weight. Once that was done I finished of triceps with explosive pushups.

Today I didn't bench because there's only one bench in my gym and I couldn't use it whilst I was there soo.. that was a fail. 13 days until I test my 1 rep max
If you just want a big bench, then I suggest benching frequently. Ie every time you go. 'Bro splits' like the one you suggested are very inefficient.

Look up Alpha Destiny on YouTube and full body training.
Original post by Nikulp68
If you just want a big bench, then I suggest benching frequently. Ie every time you go. 'Bro splits' like the one you suggested are very inefficient.

Look up Alpha Destiny on YouTube and full body training.

Ok thank you ill check him out!
Reply 16
@UchihaMadara The guy has a go at me on here, on my profile page is racist, and then reports my post too. What a snowflake.
Original post by Sae.HH
@UchihaMadara The guy has a go at me on here, on my profile page is racist, and then reports my post too. What a snowflake.

nahhh ur a hater bro, this guy is my idol....his gonna make 100kg real soon, it makes sense he was using smith init, at 17 his pushing big boy weight, when his at our age his gonna be breaking world records like Brad Dingelberry.
Ok thank you ill check him out!

bro don't check that loser out, do you! can't wait to see what numbers you post when you test....you don't need to follow no faget youtubers!
Make sure you progress on standing military presses because shoulder and tricep strength will skyrocket your bench press.

Quick Reply

Latest