The Student Room Group

Camp Hill Interview 2017

Has anyone been to the camp hill interview and if so can you please tell me any questions that were asked? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I applied last year for Biology, Chemistry, Maths and German.

She gave me an article on MRSA Bacteria before the interview and called me in five minutes later.
She asked me about what I wanted to do in the future, and why I picked my subjects. She also asked why I was applying to Camp Hill and what i could bring to the school if I was selected. I was also asked something on the extra curricular activities I did in school, and I talked about drama so she asked a few questions about that. Finally she asked me to summarise the article and that was it.

By the way, this is for Camp Hill Girls ^.^
Original post by Xxxibgdrgn12

She gave me an article on MRSA Bacteria before the interview and called me in five minutes later.
She asked me about what I wanted to do in the future, and why I picked my subjects. She also asked why I was applying to Camp Hill and what i could bring to the school if I was selected. I was also asked something on the extra curricular activities I did in school, and I talked about drama so she asked a few questions about that. Finally she asked me to summarise the article and that was it.

did you get in? :smile:
do you get interviewed for each subject that you choose to do for a levels? what were your predicted grades ? mock grades? good luck for a levels :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Xxxibgdrgn12

Thank you very much for your help. Did other students who were there for the interview have the same article?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Smarties<3
did you get in? :smile:
do you get interviewed for each subject that you choose to do for a levels? what were your predicted grades ? mock grades? good luck for a levels :smile:

nope, its just one interview and they ddidn't really ask me much about my other subjects except Biology. It was just around what I wanted to do in the future, why, what I can give to Camp Hill if i got in, extra curricular etc...

My predictions were 7 A*, 4 A, but my mock grades were 9 A*, 2 A

I applied with my predicitons but on the interview invitation letter they asked me to bring my mock grades.

And thank you, I'll definitely need luck for A Levels.

I was actually rejected at first (which is why I kinda hate Camp Hill because it was the first Offer response I got) and then they accepted me a week after saying that they made a mistake. But I rejected their offer lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zain_
Thank you very much for your help. Did other students who were there for the interview have the same article?

Nope they gave out different articles
I would like to apply to King Edwards.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by korosensei
I need major help!!!
I'm going to Year 11 this September. I'm a computer nerd and I want to apply to Camp Hill Boys to do Computer Science, Further Maths and Physics. My predicted grades are all 7s, but for Computer Science and Maths they are 8s and I'm going to be giving it my all in the mocks. That said, my mocks are in December. Camp Hill applications open in November. I'm worried about this, what chance do I have applying this late? When I applied to comprehensives for secondary school it was at the same time as everyone else in my area and I didn't get into any of them, so I had to go through a mini-clearing! That's what scares me the most, but I really, really, really want to go to King Edwards!!!

You're not applying late. I'm going into Year 12, (not there, I chose KEFW), and I applied there later than you did, I think it was January of this year, and I got a conditional offer and an 'Informal Discussion'. The discussion was in March, and they told me to bring my mock grades (my mocks were in January).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by K.C.
You're not applying late. I'm going into Year 12, (not there, I chose KEFW), and I applied there later than you did, I think it was January of this year, and I got a conditional offer and an 'Informal Discussion'. The discussion was in March, and they told me to bring my mock grades (my mocks were in January).

Thanks for responding! Oh-kay, but what were your predicted grades, may I ask?
Reply 9
Thanks for responding! Oh-kay, but what were your predicted grades, may I ask?

Chem, Biology, Phys - each A*
History - A*
R.S. - A*
English Lit - 8
English Lang - 8
(but got a 9 in my Jan mocks for both of them - fortunately)
Maths - 9
Computing - A*
French - A*

(and I applied for Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry & French)
Original post by K.C.
Chem, Biology, Phys - each A*
History - A*
R.S. - A*
English Lit - 8
English Lang - 8
(but got a 9 in my Jan mocks for both of them - fortunately)
Maths - 9
Computing - A*
French - A*

(and I applied for Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry & French)

im 'forecasted' 7s in every subject, apart from english which is a 6 (although my teacher said hes confident i can get a 7!), 8 in maths, 8 in computer science, 9 in geography (i dont know how lmao), and i DO NOT KNOW WHY i got a 6 in science (im going to move to triple science next year, this year ive been studying both double and triple which was awkward...), looks like i only have a few months to turn myself around
well, this is only my year 10 report for the summer term, as with science ive been getting 7As but it dropped for a reason i dont know of, my teacher didnt give much explanation even when i asked so i expect these arent the actual predicted grades (once again, the teacher is confident i can get an 'a or a*')
i am worried as heck rn because ive never applied to a selective school (i didnt know they existed till it was too late) so i have no experience with how they work in terms of admissions, if you could give me tips etc it would be really appreciated!
Reply 11
im 'forecasted' 7s in every subject, apart from english which is a 6 (although my teacher said hes confident i can get a 7!), 8 in maths, 8 in computer science, 9 in geography (i dont know how lmao), and i DO NOT KNOW WHY i got a 6 in science (im going to move to triple science next year, this year ive been studying both double and triple which was awkward...), looks like i only have a few months to turn myself around
well, this is only my year 10 report for the summer term, as with science ive been getting 7As but it dropped for a reason i dont know of, my teacher didnt give much explanation even when i asked so i expect these arent the actual predicted grades (once again, the teacher is confident i can get an 'a or a*':wink:
i am worried as heck rn because ive never applied to a selective school (i didnt know they existed till it was too late) so i have no experience with how they work in terms of admissions, if you could give me tips etc it would be really appreciated!

Like you I come from a state school, that I've been at since Year 7. King Ed's Five Ways is selective and they were oversubscribed this year - as usual - so didn't give interviews (offers placed entirely on grades, report, and personal statement). Camp Hill invited me for an 'Informal Discussion' with my predicted grades, mock, report and personal statement; of which he asked me questions about. The interview was not interrogative in any way, it was literally just a chat, and if you're personal statement is full with stuff you can talk - at length - about, then do so. The offer came after the discussion, so don't be disheartened at all, you can get in. They told me (despite its superior results), entrance is more relaxed than other KE Schools in B'ham. So, just be interesting, and interested about your subject, ask questions! The Director of Sixth Form spoke to me and he's a maths teacher so that was useful. Just apply to at least 3 sixth forms/colleges, and you'll get to experience them all.

But what is very important is that, your predicted grades meet or are above the entry for each subject, if they are below (and you're not in yr 11 yet so don't worry) there'll be less of a chance that they'll consider you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by K.C.
Like you I come from a state school, that I've been at since Year 7. King Ed's Five Ways is selective and they were oversubscribed this year - as usual - so didn't give interviews (offers placed entirely on grades, report, and personal statement). Camp Hill invited me for an 'Informal Discussion' with my predicted grades, mock, report and personal statement; of which he asked me questions about. The interview was not interrogative in any way, it was literally just a chat, and if you're personal statement is full with stuff you can talk - at length - about, then do so. The offer came after the discussion, so don't be disheartened at all, you can get in. They told me (despite its superior results), entrance is more relaxed than other KE Schools in B'ham. So, just be interesting, and interested about your subject, ask questions! The Director of Sixth Form spoke to me and he's a maths teacher so that was useful. Just apply to at least 3 sixth forms/colleges, and you'll get to experience them all.

But what is very important is that, your predicted grades meet or are above the entry for each subject, if they are below (and you're not in yr 11 yet so don't worry) there'll be less of a chance that they'll consider you.

Thanks a lot, I don't feel as stressed now because I do have a lot to talk about when it comes to my favourite subjects xD, I'm planning on applying to 7 sixth forms, well that's going to be interesting o_O
Reply 13
Thanks a lot, I don't feel as stressed now because I do have a lot to talk about when it comes to my favourite subjects xD, I'm planning on applying to 7 sixth forms, well that's going to be interesting o_O

Which ones?

Side note - make sure you have some extra-curricular activities to talk about too.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by K.C.
Which ones?

King Eds Camp Hill, Five Ways, Aston
UOB School
Solihull SFC
Handsworth Grammar School
Joseph Chamberlain College

I'm not entirely sure as to why I'm applying to the last 2 schools but whatever
Reply 15
King Eds Camp Hill, Five Ways, Aston
UOB School
Solihull SFC
Handsworth Grammar School
Joseph Chamberlain College

I'm not entirely sure as to why I'm applying to the last 2 schools but whatever

If you know anything about them, what do you like about Five Ways and the UoB School?
Original post by K.C.
If you know anything about them, what do you like about Five Ways and the UoB School?

the buildings/facilities seem cool and there are a lot of extra-curricular opportunities
Original post by K.C.

You go to Five Ways, right? What clubs are available to the Year 12s?
Reply 18
You go to Five Ways, right? What clubs are available to the Year 12s?

I have chosen to go there (because A-Level results are considerably better than UoB School, and Camp Hill is an all boys school which would feel weird to me), but I am not there yet, getting GCSE results on 24th.

But have a look here:

http://www.kefw.org/enrichment

and at the attachment.

So there is a lot of stuff there and I think you can create clubs too.
Original post by K.C.
I have chosen to go there (because A-Level results are considerably better than UoB School, and Camp Hill is an all boys school which would feel weird to me), but I am not there yet, getting GCSE results on 24th.

But have a look here:

http://www.kefw.org/enrichment

and at the attachment.

So there is a lot of stuff there and I think you can create clubs too.

I've seen that already, was wondering whether they were open to all years including sixth form.

Quick Reply