The Student Room Group

Can I get into Medicine with A*AB predicition.

Hi guys,

I just got my AS results and am going to be predicted A*AB for A-Lebel. The A* in Biology, the A in Maths and the B in Chemistry. Is there any way possible I can apply to Medical school without going through the graduate entry or clearing (which is only at 1 university)?

Original post by AttentionSeeker
Hi guys,

I just got my AS results and am going to be predicted A*AB for A-Lebel. The A* in Biology, the A in Maths and the B in Chemistry. Is there any way possible I can apply to Medical school without going through the graduate entry or clearing (which is only at 1 university)?

Either try and persuade your teachers to predict you an A in chemistry, or work really hard next year, get AAA and take a gap year.

It is just a prediction, you can always do better. It is far too early to be thinking about graduate entry.
I would suggest that you try your best to talk your maths teacher into predicting you an A and apply this year anyway (even if they don't it could be worth the try just for the UKCAT/BMAT practice and maybe interview practice as well if you get through).

If you don't get the predicted grades that you want then you could always work really hard this year to get a minimum of AAA with your A Levels and then just take a gap year and apply next September (which could increase your chances as you'd have more opportunities for work experience and things).

Would your teacher be more likely to predict you a higher grade if you agreed to retake some of your AS Level modules?
The B in Chemistry will be an issue.

As above, one option will be to work really hard this year - and then apply the following autumn with known grades. Recommended.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending