The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by yellowDaisy77
Yeah can you send those grade boundaries again please i cant find them. Sorry to be a pain !

Although I have made one on this thread I have put a more coherent one on the "AQA Sociology A level 2017" thread. Sorry, you'll have to type this into the search bar to find it as I cannot copy and paste on the tablet I am using. Hope this helps :h:
So i did Education, Families, Crime and Beliefs. Got an A. I actually do not know how I bulls****** the whole way through 😭😭😭
Original post by Stannis98
So i did Education, Families, Crime and Beliefs. Got an A. I actually do not know how I bulls****** the whole way through 😭😭😭

Congratulations! That's amazing! And me too lol, I did the same units and utterly recycled Durkheim every chance I got - but hey, it got me an A*!! I'm so over the moon right now ahhhhh!!!!!
Original post by AliF98
Congratulations! That's amazing! And me too lol, I did the same units and utterly recycled Durkheim every chance I got - but hey, it got me an A*!! I'm so over the moon right now ahhhhh!!!!!

Ummmmm? Congrats to you too!!! That's great an A*!! Hahaha well it got us to this grade and I am overwhelmed. I actually thought I got at least a C in this and I did better in my Psych but it was the actual opposite disappointed but oh well.
got an a* too how in the hell i dont even know, hard work pays off in the end :smile:
I got an A aswell!! Dont know how. lots of people in my class got high grades too
Reply 2346
Got an A* too !!! Congrats to everyone we've made it through two years of sociology !!!!
Well done everyone!! I got a B and I'm over the moon!
i got an a* :smile:))) thanks for everyone on here for helping one another with questions etc :smile:
Original post by mollyadtr
If anyone needs some revision materials or new style exam questions I've got those new little student guides with simplified content as well as guides for answering questions / answers for questions too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi could you please share essay writing techniques and revision techniques for sociology with me please, for A2 i want to achieve well and I will work hard
thank you
Original post by Sawaira.R
Hi could you please share essay writing techniques and revision techniques for sociology with me please, for A2 i want to achieve well and I will work hard
thank you

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJ4DeKke1HAUUwwcFRGZDlPakk inside this folder is like essay plans, essay structures and theory if you need it so youve thats the writing technique, as for revision techniques you gotta revise weekly so whatever you covered in lessons for a week go back over it on the weekend and make like powerpoints or mind maps or stuff that helps you to remember, do as many practise questions as you can and buy extra revision books if you feel like you need them cause they helped me :smile:
thank you

For me, it was all about writing flashcards for each chapter in each unit and consistently going over them.

Good luck!!
got an A in all 3 papers :O when I barely get above a C all year lool. This thread helped a lot tbh during the exam season, shout out to molly esp 💜
Original post by addingishard
got an A in all 3 papers :O when I barely get above a C all year lool. This thread helped a lot tbh during the exam season, shout out to molly esp 💜

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee boi proud of you
Did everyone get the individual marks for each unit on the results paper or did you just get the grade?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJ4DeKke1HAUUwwcFRGZDlPakk inside this folder is like essay plans, essay structures and theory if you need it so youve thats the writing technique, as for revision techniques you gotta revise weekly so whatever you covered in lessons for a week go back over it on the weekend and make like powerpoints or mind maps or stuff that helps you to remember, do as many practise questions as you can and buy extra revision books if you feel like you need them cause they helped me :smile:

thank you soo much this looks very helpful... another thing is that when ever it comes to making notes I always end up thinking everything is important so instead of writing breif notes i end up copying whole text, please if there is a way to make notes in a better way and to prevent ending writing the whole thing.

Thank you
Original post by AliF98
For me, it was all about writing flashcards for each chapter in each unit and consistently going over them.

Good luck!!

Thank you so much i surely would use this technique also can you please share how to make a good plan for 10 markers and 20 marks I am so confused I read though a chapter and thought of trying an essay question but i just went blank like where do i start that the most biggest problem for as I cant articulate what I know...
thank you soo much this looks very helpful... another thing is that when ever it comes to making notes I always end up thinking everything is important so instead of writing breif notes i end up copying whole text, please if there is a way to make notes in a better way and to prevent ending writing the whole thing.

Thank you

to be totally honest i avoid writing brief notes anyway cause theres a chance youll think something isnt that important and miss it out when in reality it actually is, the one thing i do though is learn all the key terms especially then the theory names and then the examples and then the a03 so its like a chain of reasoning which is basically what makes the paragraphs cause you need all the a0s :smile:
you could do flash cards or them mind map things but if you prefer writing it out then just do that cause its something that will make you remember
or what you could do is put the text into your own words, use your teachers powerpoints wordings and youtube lectures theyre all pretty good tools or kahoot haha
Original post by yellowcar1
Did everyone get the individual marks for each unit on the results paper or did you just get the grade?

Only received a grade, but I made sure to ask my teacher because I was interested to know and she was quickly able to tell me.
i can do a crime one for ya :smile: ill try and get it done for monday

hey you had a few weeks you had sent me file, of powerpoints and notes to help with revision for sociology however my sister by accident lost is it possible if you could resend it please, additionally i wanted to ask... how do i answer 10 mark questions that ask to analyse?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending