The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths - 20th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I got an A in this. So pleasedd !!! What did you guys get?

Well done!!
Reply 181
Original post by KD_1608
Got an A and am very happy. Waiting for my raw mark which should be emailed to me soon.

Would just like to point out that perhaps the grade boundaries are higher than before as schools with students that are less capable may have decided to drop the course with the introduction of the 9-1 GCSE maths that is harder than before. As a result, the boundaries are higher as the proportion of A's etc. is roughly the same but there are only more capable students taking it.

Well done & thats a fair point
Original post by Lemur14
Well done!
Wow...that point was a complete revelation to me :lol: Probably should have thought of it...but looking at the exam statistics entries are down around 3000 and despite the high grade boundaries the percentage of entries getting each grade is up significantly so that is the answer. 49.45% of people getting As though...wow! Slightly concerned about what my classmates will have got now though as some of them were struggling to get out of the 40s and were hoping for Cs...hopefully they did better in the real exam!

Is the 49.45% out of everyone who took it or just your school? Where did you find that statistic? Just curious lol
Original post by eatingkiwi
Is the 49.45% out of everyone who took it or just your school? Where did you find that statistic? Just curious lol

Everyone! My school has only given limited info about A level results, let alone telling us our ad maths grades unfortunately.
It's on the page 7 of the OCR provisional exam statistics page here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/408004-as-and-a-level-cambridge-technicals-and-other-level-3-provisional-exam-statistics-june-2017.pdf
Original post by Lemur14
Everyone! My school has only given limited info about A level results, let alone telling us our ad maths grades unfortunately.
It's on the page 7 of the OCR provisional exam statistics page here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/408004-as-and-a-level-cambridge-technicals-and-other-level-3-provisional-exam-statistics-june-2017.pdf

Ooh thank you!!!
Original post by eatingkiwi
Ooh thank you!!!

Np :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep i got an A :biggrin: now I just need to hope I get a grade 9 in edexcel maths which I genuinely found harder than the add maths paper
Original post by metamorphic
Yep i got an A :biggrin: now I just need to hope I get a grade 9 in edexcel maths which I genuinely found harder than the add maths paper

Well done, and good luck with your GCSEs! :smile:
Original post by sivthasan
Well done to all of you who got A's, the hard work paid off!!!

Personally I'm not too desperate to get it back, as I'm concerned more about my GCSEs, however an A will definitely be helpful with my UCAS application.

Sorry mate but it just doesn't matter. It won't affect your application, to put it bluntly.
Original post by Pocalyptix
Sorry mate but it just doesn't matter. It won't affect your application, to put it bluntly.

Ok lol, I'm not too fussed about it, but an A looks better than a B or C.
Original post by metamorphic

Well done! :congrats: What do you reckon you got in normal maths (if you have any idea?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just received my raw mark: 90/100 - very pleased!
Original post by Tobbins

Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Well done!

Original post by Tobbins

Well done! Now my challenge is to beat you and @Lemur14 :biggrin:
Original post by sivthasan
Well done! Now my challenge is to beat you and @Lemur14 :biggrin:

Oh I won't be anywhere near 90/100...think I only answered 92 or 93 marks anyway as I left the last 5 marker (never could do those questions!) and a couple of other answers I think I missed out. Not even sure if I actually got an A...
I just want to find out the grade I got. 6 more days...
Original post by JammieDodger27
I just want to find out the grade I got. 6 more days...

Me too... I emailed the school hoping they would give it out if we asked nicely but they said no which was annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Me too... I emailed the school hoping they would give it out if we asked nicely but they said no which was annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed the head of maths and he hasn't replied... irritating times!! I really hope I've got an A otherwise I'll be so dissappointed. Ngl the boundary was high for an A this year, but a lot seemed to do it so fingers crossed for us both - keep me updated please :smile:
I got my grade back but the school says they haven't got the actual marks back yet. Have you guys got the raw mark yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending