The Student Room Group

Medicine Application

Do i have hope in getting into a uni like UCL or Kings with the following AS results?
Chemistry -B
Biology- A
English Lit- A
Maths- A
My school will predict me the following grades, planning to remark chem
Original post by HotChocolate007
Do i have hope in getting into a uni like UCL or Kings with the following AS results?
Chemistry -B
Biology- A
English Lit- A
Maths- A

If your school predict you a B in chem you may have a hard time, but if you can get predicted AAA to include chem and bio then you should have a better chance. Saying this a lot of med schools would still consider you with a B predicted in chemistry, I cannot speak for the ones above (UCL probably not though as they do require A*AA) but have a look around.
Reply 2
Chemistry -B
Biology- A
English Lit- A
Maths- A

Are you taking all 4 to A2?

You need chemistry at an A - either way. Try and talk to your teachers about upping the prediction.
Original post by Natalierm2707
If your school predict you a B in chem you may have a hard time, but if you can get predicted AAA to include chem and bio then you should have a better chance. Saying this a lot of med schools would still consider you with a B predicted in chemistry, I cannot speak for the ones above (UCL probably not though as they do require A*AA) but have a look around.

Hopefully i can talk to the teachers and see what they say, need to wait until school starts which is a pain
Original post by Beska
Are you taking all 4 to A2?

You need chemistry at an A - either way. Try and talk to your teachers about upping the prediction.

I wanted to drop english lit but my school is picky on which subjects to drop, since i got an A in english and B in chem, they would rather me drop chem.

I will talk to the teachers though thanks :smile:
Reply 5
I wanted to drop english lit but my school is picky on which subjects to drop, since i got an A in english and B in chem, they would rather me drop chem.

I'd advise to take chemistry for medicine - the vast majority of medical schools need it. :smile:

Don't let them make you drop chemistry! Say you need it for your application, they can't make you do a subject you don't want to do
Original post by Beska
I'd advise to take chemistry for medicine - the vast majority of medical schools need it. :smile:

Defo, I understand that but I'm not sure if my school will!
Reply 8
Defo, I understand that but I'm not sure if my school will!

Fight your hardest - say you'll work hard and are happy to maybe do a mock exam for your teacher to show that you've been working at it, etc?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Don't let them make you drop chemistry! Say you need it for your application, they can't make you do a subject you don't want to do

Yeah ofc, I will do work before school starts and hopefully show them that I'm capable
Original post by Beska
Fight your hardest - say you'll work hard and are happy to maybe do a mock exam for your teacher to show that you've been working at it, etc?

I sure will thanks... will keep you updated on how it goes :smile:
update after 1 yr xD i didnt get any offers first time round due to the B in chem but 3A*s at Alevel so hoping to reapply.
update after 1 yr xD i didnt get any offers first time round due to the B in chem but 3A*s at Alevel so hoping to reapply.

Wow! well done on the amazing results!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending