The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VL100
Hi!

Long time thread stalker here...
I'm just jumping in for those still waiting-

I applied to Clare, got winter pooled to Sidney Sussex, missed my grades yesterday (AAA but not super close to A*s), and was placed in the summer pool... only to be fished out a couple of hours ago by Clare!!

There is hope- and I have my fingers crossed for everyone.

Whaaat?

Congratulations, I'm keeping that story for explaining pooling to people in the future. :tongue:
Robinson have said they'll hold my place open on the basis of the remark so hopefully fingers crossed etc.
Just to check - at this stage there is definitely nothing that I should do, right? My UCAS track has been updated. I suppose I just want to know for sure now, this has felt rather drawn out.
Original post by babypink0919
My college said theyd still take me so Im counting on mine!

I'm an open offer holder, so I'm not sure if I can count on that. A million good lucks to you though!
Original post by LouKayenta05

I think I have an affinity with Mark. He has some flair.

I'd like to be Luke love his attention to detail :wink:

Sorry to hear this - my daughter also. She missed her offer but got her insurance at Bath, but asked to be released from it so she can go to York. A day on and she has already forgotten Cambridge and can't wait to get to York! Seems like a great uni to me.
Reply 4546
Original post by lydiajackson
1 mark off my A*, and got rejected from summer pool. Not sure if the results of my remark will change that? Never mind!

If your remark means you meet the original conditions of your offer before 31st August then Cambridge will honour the offer.

Original post by lydiajackson
I'm an open offer holder, so I'm not sure if I can count on that. A million good lucks to you though!

I imagine your underwriting college would be the one to take you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4547
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Whaaat?

Congratulations, I'm keeping that story for explaining pooling to people in the future. :tongue:

Apparently it does happen. I asked the AT if it was possible in one of their AMAs. He said yes... and lo we have a real live example this cycle.

I think it's brilliant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naranja
Just to check - at this stage there is definitely nothing that I should do, right? My UCAS track has been updated. I suppose I just want to know for sure now, this has felt rather drawn out.

Correct.
If there's anything your college wants you to do, they will tell you.
Until then just relax. :wink:

Nooo! :hugs: keep in touch, won't you?
Accepted from the Summer Pool to Homerton for BioNatSci!!!! The wait was excruciating but I couldn't be happier :smile:
Original post by WalkingSandwich
Accepted from the Summer Pool to Homerton for BioNatSci!!!! The wait was excruciating but I couldn't be happier :smile:

Congrats! I would say "i'll see you there" but there's no guarantees with ~1400 students
Original post by Tintin501
Sorry to hear this - my daughter also. She missed her offer but got her insurance at Bath, but asked to be released from it so she can go to York. A day on and she has already forgotten Cambridge and can't wait to get to York! Seems like a great uni to me.

Hopefully I'll see her at York! Which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

😟 Sorry., but at least the waiting and stress is over. And York is fab. Very best wishes.
Hey guys, haven't posted here in months (but you might remember me from applying/interview time). Hope it's worked out for everyone :smile: I missed my STEP offer but was accepted anyway!
Original post by Obiejess
Hopefully I'll see her at York! Which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology!
Reply 4556
Original post by Doonesbury
Apparently it does happen. I asked the AT if it was possible in one of their AMAs. He said yes... and lo we have a real live example this cycle.

I think it's brilliant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is completely bizarre but I'm not complaining! :tongue:
One of my friends was rejected via Summer Pool. Kinda gutted for her :frown:
Purely based on informal observations, there seems to have been a lot of people missing the offers/being pooled this year. There also seems to be fewer people with 4+ A*s for science subjects.
Original post by Forecast
Purely based on informal observations, there seems to have been a lot of people missing the offers/being pooled this year. There also seems to be fewer people with 4+ A*s for science subjects.

@murraryedwards inferred yesterday there was more activity this year in the summer pool. Could very well be due to the new A levels and lack of UMS. You have to feel sorry for this year's students, well I do. Can't help feeling they have been the guinea pigs. For what little it's worth, I think all have done amazingly well whether they have achieved their offer or not. You and I had the cushion of going into our A2's with solid As's behind us, this year's students have not had that luxury. Hats off to them. 😀

Latest

Trending

Trending