The Student Room Group

Can't retake Art A level

As this post would expect didn't get the art grades to get into uni but it's not possible to retake at my school, in a year. I need a third grade to re apply for next years uni. What can I do as most colleges don't do 1yr A levels ?
Reply 1
self teach and then enter yourself as an outside applicant?
Reply 2
Are you saying that you want to retake ARt or that you want to find another A level to do in a year?
Reply 3
You might be able to fast track an A-level. I'm staying an extra year and I plan to fast track. I think it all depends on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
You might be able to fast track an A-level. I'm staying an extra year and I plan to fast track. I think it all depends on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What A-Level are you doing in a year?
Reply 5
Original post by Calumjacko
What A-Level are you doing in a year?

Oh I'm (hopefully) fast tracking BTEC Performing Arts. But I know you can fast track a levels, because people who are in my year are doing it next year. But as I said it depends on the subject. You can't fastrack maths as you need first year knowledge for the second year. But you might want to consider an different arty subject as they are now linear so only the second year counts. And considering you have already done an Art course, you know how things work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Don't really want to do the Art retake, very able to do subjects like philosophy or sociology etc but it would appear colleges are geared towards retakes not 1yr A levels. Not sure to trust online exams companies. Aiming for a Russel Group uni.
Reply 7
Original post by Rupie
Don't really want to do the Art retake, very able to do subjects like philosophy or sociology etc but it would appear colleges are geared towards retakes not 1yr A levels. Not sure to trust online exams companies. Aiming for a Russel Group uni.

I understand why you wouldn't what to retake Art. Have you asked your college whether they will let you fast track? You may need to pick a subject on the side though, because they only get funded if you are a full time student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest