The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Those who got in through clearing !!

Anyone who got in through clearing looking for housemates? As it's looking seriously unlikely that we'll get any sort of on-campus accomodation.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm looking for accommodation nearby the uni! I just confirmed my offer through clearing too
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by MuntahaAhmed25
Hi, I'm looking for accommodation nearby the uni! I just confirmed my offer thrhough clearing too

Ah, cool I've found a buddy haha. What course are you going to be studying?
I'm studying law! How did you find a housemate and a place to live in?
Seriously worried about off campus accommodation
Reply 4
I'm studying law! How did you find a housemate and a place to live in?
Seriously worried about off campus accommodation

I started this thread because I'm currently accommodation-less and looking for housemates as I just got in to study economics. Think you may have misunderstood my typing, haha. And same! I have found some nice houses on right move, just need some other undergrads so we can share the rent !!
Oh haha! Yeah I'm more than willing to be a housemate, will you be willing to send me further details?
Reply 6
This the message Accomodation Services sent out last year.

"Hi all,

I have the following update from the accommodation team which might be of interest to some of you:

* Update on Accommodation for Clearing Students 2016/17 *
We wanted to update you on the accommodation situation for University accommodation.
We have finished allocating all the Firm and Insurance students, and have a small number of rooms available.
As we know there are not enough rooms for all clearing students and we are going to be holding a ballot for the remaining rooms. To be considered you must have an application in by 4pm tomorrow Thursday 15th September 2016, if you have already made an application for accommodation for 2016/17 then you do not need to apply again. We will enter all applications into a ballot and offer rooms to successful students on Friday 16th September, any student offered will then have 4 days to accept or reject their offers, any rejected room or rooms not accepted at the end of the 4 days will be then offered to the next applicants via the ballot position.
Please be aware that rooms types are extremely limited, as a result it is likely that you will not be offered a room that is high on your preferences list.
Follow the link to apply online: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodatio...ents/index.htm

If you have any questions please get in touch with our accommodation team directly - contact details here: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation/contact/index.htm"

Yeah
Reply 7
Original post by Faizul08

"Hi all,

I have the following update from the accommodation team which might be of interest to some of you:

We wanted to update you on the accommodation situation for University accommodation.
We have finished allocating all the Firm and Insurance students, and have a small number of rooms available.
As we know there are not enough rooms for all clearing students and we are going to be holding a ballot for the remaining rooms. To be considered you must have an application in by 4pm tomorrow Thursday 15th September 2016, if you have already made an application for accommodation for 2016/17 then you do not need to apply again. We will enter all applications into a ballot and offer rooms to successful students on Friday 16th September, any student offered will then have 4 days to accept or reject their offers, any rejected room or rooms not accepted at the end of the 4 days will be then offered to the next applicants via the ballot position.
Please be aware that rooms types are extremely limited, as a result it is likely that you will not be offered a room that is high on your preferences list.
Follow the link to apply online: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodatio...ents/index.htm

If you have any questions please get in touch with our accommodation team directly - contact details here: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation/contact/index.htm"

Yeah

Fingers crossed
Original post by Faizul08

"Hi all,

Yeah

I'm not quite clear about the whole process for this year, what are your plans?
Has Surrey messaged you whether or not they'll do something similar this year?
Reply 9
Oh haha! Yeah I'm more than willing to be a housemate, will you be willing to send me further details?

How much rent do you think you'd be able to afford per week? Do you want the link for one of the houses I've found, not really looked into it yet as only went to speak to the uni's accommodation services today. Did you go to the clearing event as well? Might have seen you
Original post by StudyQueen
How much rent do you think you'd be able to afford per week? Do you want the link for one of the houses I've found, not really looked into it yet as only went to speak to the uni's accommodation services today. Did you go to the clearing event as well? Might have seen you

I spoke to one of the uni's accommodation services today, they said a on campus accommodation is not guaranteed. They assured me to use social media to get in touch with other undergraduate offer holders and I found you.
I'm willing to pay up to/around £150 and it must be a close walk to the uni though. Please send me a link
Reply 11
I spoke to one of the uni's accommodation services today, they said a on campus accommodation is not guaranteed. They assured me to use social media to get in touch with other undergraduate offer holders and I found you.
I'm willing to pay up to/around £150 and it must be a close walk to the uni though. Please send me a link

I got the same advice, facebook was useless so I decided to log into the good old student room. Aw, you 'found' me, haha how cute. Will see if there's a way I can message you on here
I'm not quite clear about the whole process for this year, what are your plans?
Has Surrey messaged you whether or not they'll do something similar this year?

I am second year student. We have rented a house near campus. Make sure you do yours sooner rather than later for next year because the good/cheap ones tend to booked by december. As for looking for accommodation for this year off campus, you need to go to USL page on facebook. They have people people looking for flatmates all the time.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by StudyQueen
I started this thread because I'm currently accommodation-less and looking for housemates as I just got in to study economics. Think you may have misunderstood my typing, haha. And same! I have found some nice houses on right move, just need some other undergrads so we can share the rent !!

if you don't mind me asking what was the entry requirements through clearing for the economics course.
Reply 14
Hey I'm also accommodation less atm and will be studying economics too. Have you found any houses nearby yet?
Reply 15
Original post by bcxn
Hey I'm also accommodation less atm and will be studying economics too. Have you found any houses nearby yet?

Hello my fellow course chum ☺️ So far I've found one that's 20-25 minutes walk from the main campus; five double bedrooms
Reply 16
Heyy☺️☺️ isn't that quite far 😩, have you contacted USL?
Reply 17
I came across a post that said GU1 and GU2 postcodes are walking distance from the uni so maybe we should look in those areas?
Original post by bcxn
I came across a post that said GU1 and GU2 postcodes are walking distance from the uni so maybe we should look in those areas?

I saw that too!
I spoke to someone who is a student at Surrey when I called USL. They said that they live 10mins away from the campus (walking distance) and they live with 3 other people. So it's possible to find a shared house nearby.
Reply 19
Yeah it is definitely possible. We just need to keep looking. Btw have you applied for on campus accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending