The Student Room Group

HELP needed- ACCESS Course Grade Appeal/remark Advice 😱

Ok, so where do I start... Basically I need help and advice for the situation I'm in now.
It's LONG guys, sorry! But if you can offer advice please read😅
I completed an Access Course at XXX college after relocated all the way from Scotland to attend the college in South East England due to my mother's good experience their back in 2004.

However things had clearly changed over the years.

To get to my point, I study the Health Sciences Pathway with the plan to go on and study Adult Nursing at Kings College University London this Sept. I am a mature and obviously completely understood what was required of my to get into this Russel Group uni.
The entry requirements were 30 Distinctions, 12 Merits and 3 Pass. I worked so hard to achieve this, constantly asking the tutors what I needed to do to get distinctions. I was very proactive and was the type of student that recorded all the classes and played them on the bus, whilst cooking and at night so to fully immerse myself into the course and assignmemts.

I calculated all the assignmemts I NEEDED to get distinctions I'm and what ones I could relax a little on. However, from day one when I mentioned that I am aiming to go to King’s College University London, the response I got from my college was “why go there? Just go to local uni's here!” I was slightly shocked, to say the least with the rather disapproving response.

As far as I'm concerned, the college is not supposed to pick the universities a mature student should go, but encourage and support wherever the student has chosen to go. After all, it's me who will pay back £60,000 worth of debt, not the college.

However, all came to light as the course progressed. You see, the Access course lead is also a lecturer at the local Universites and works within the admissions department of both. Since this is the case, I have been made aware (by the course lead) that he can influence these universities in allowing his students in and ensure that they receive the grades (mainly merits) needed to make it in with ease, so if a student applies to any other universities they are on their own and most likely struggle get a confirmed offer due to the grades requirements. The more students get into uni the better the college looks. So why not go to the local uni the the course lead has the power to turn a few knobs. Plus the local uni's entry requirements are pretty low so it's so easy for him.

The statement made by the course lead that has upset me the most is this:
Even if your work is of distinction level, only 16% of the student population can or should achieve distinctions, in fear of the college being condemned by the awarding body.

Now, I'm not sure if any of you have heard this before from your Access Course college, but this really doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Now, I'm not trying to puff myself up in anyway at all, but I know that I had done everything to achieve distinctions in the assignmemts I knew I could get distinctions in. Some I got distinctions but many I had gotten merits.

At the end of the course, my course lead tried to give me a transcript with 12 Distinctions and 33 Merits on it, knowing full well the requirements of my offer at King's.
I had passed the math, English tests and interview at King's and received my offer. My college knew full well, but it seemed as if I was somehow a bee in their bonnet and they (from what I can see) have graded me unfairly. By the way, I had never made cause to be treated unfairly as I have... I was pretty chilled and quite in class. I came to study and get my diploma.
Many of the student this year have all agreed that would never recommend this college to anyone!

Now here's worrying part, so I asked my course lead for a remark over 6 weeks ago and still haven't even heard boo from them.
King's have obviously rejected me upon seeing my ridiculous grades but have said that if I still want to be considered (due there still being spaces on the course) I must come up with at least 27 Distinctions by the end of this month. So because my college is not responding to my calls and emails I have now taken this to the QAA who are contacting the college on my behalf.

I'm really frustrated because I have worked so hard this past year to get to where I've dreamed of being and now my dream has prematurely been stumped due to these ridiculous grades I have received.

-Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

-If you studied an Access course this year or last year what grades did you achieve (Maybe the grades I got are the avarage???)?

- What's your advice and what do you think will be the outcome now that the QAA are involved?

Thank you so much for reading!😘

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 999tigger
I read it but am a bit non plussed and dont really have any advice as I dont think theres any to give.

Didnt you realise it was going wrong early on it are all the marks given at the end rather than as you progress?

You did the right thing by requesting a remark

You did the right thing contacting the QAA.

As gar as I can see youve made various allegations
and now the QAA can decide if theres any merits to it. Will they examine and mark your work? At least they will be experienced and neutral.

Its odd they should be bothered where you are applying to. Its just a course.

I have doubts about them getting back to you before the end of August, but I dont know what the QAA have said. Presumably youve told them and i doubt you can push them much, so you are going to have to wait. If they do remark and you end up getting the grades then just reapply next year.

http://www.qaa.ac.uk/concerns/concerns-about-providers/concerns-about-access-to-he

It seems the QAA dont do the investigating and the issue has to be raised eventually with the relevant regional Access validating agency.

http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/HowCourses/AVA-profiles/Pages/Default.aspx

Complaints about delivery and management are to the SFA Skills funding agency.

Ideally youd like the AVA to do a priority remark to check the standard of your work. Obviously you have the advantage haven spoken to them. Gingers crossed they think the level of your work is at the level you believe it to be. Maybe there are other classmates who did get the higher grades?

Ok, so as the course progressed I just didn't think it would end like this to be completely honest. I thought that if I continued to do well then distinctions would come. Most of my assignments were graded at the very end of the course (due to the disorganized manner of the course, that's a whole other story😪) so it all kind of came as a surprise to be honest.

I did originally call the awarding body first but their response was that it had nothing to do with them.
Yes, it is right to say my aim here to have my work remarked but this time by the awarding body.

I had a response from QAA this afternoon and they aren't too happy. The lady I spoke was really kind and is pushing to get this solved asap as she's aware of the time restraints.

Thank you so much for this information! I am going to take a look at those links and see what I can find 😊
Original post by trmsullivan
Ok, so as the course progressed I just didn't think it would end like this to be completely honest. I thought that if I continued to do well then distinctions would come. Most of my assignments were graded at the very end of the course (due to the disorganized manner of the course, that's a whole other story😪) so it all kind of came as a surprise to be honest.

I did originally call the awarding body first but their response was that it had nothing to do with them.
Yes, it is right to say my aim here to have my work remarked but this time by the awarding body.

I had a response from QAA this afternoon and they aren't too happy. The lady I spoke was really kind and is pushing to get this solved asap as she's aware of the time restraints.

Thank you so much for this information! I am going to take a look at those links and see what I can find 😊

I thought they were grades as you went along (I dont know havent done one), but the whole point would be to track your progress and respond as needed.

From looking at it the AVA takes overall responsibility for regulating as a form of quality control. They should have experienced examiners, who know the standards and could mark the work. Not getting your results as you go along means you have little idea whether you are at the needed standard.

Its easier with A levels because you just ask for a remark and its done in 15 working days. Perhaps your inexperience with education stopped you from complaining earlier? If they find you were undermarked, then they are more likely to listen about other complaints. I think you did the right thing. GL.
I don't want to comment on your allegations just yet, but could I ask that you update the thread as you find out more information about this? It think it would be really helpful for others to read how this situation was resolved, and in what timeframe. Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
I don't want to comment on your allegations just yet, but could I ask that you update the thread as you find out more information about this? It think it would be really helpful for others to read how this situation was resolved, and in what timeframe. Thanks :smile:

Definitely will update ya'll! 😉
Definitely will update ya'll! 😉

Thanks - that would be great :smile:
Fairly curious as to why the college was so disorganized as to grading work. In my Access Course they were very quick about getting grades to students throughout the course. Due to this, I was able to talk and discuss with one of my teachers why two of my marks were passes despite completing all the work correctly. They were very picky about information required for two of my statistical units, however they did submit them as distinctions and were later confirmed as distinctions by the external moderator. If the marking wasn't so late you might have been able to do something similar. Even if you couldn't, you could of at least learned from mistakes you had made if they marked them more promptly.

Have you kept in contact with any of the other students in the access course about what results they achieved?
If what you are saying is accurate it also reflects quite badly on the external moderator.

Hope all goes well contacting QAA etc. Hopefully they will be quick in re-moderating/remarking the work.
Reply 7
Original post by Nathan776
Fairly curious as to why the college was so disorganized as to grading work. In my Access Course they were very quick about getting grades to students throughout the course. Due to this, I was able to talk and discuss with one of my teachers why two of my marks were passes despite completing all the work correctly. They were very picky about information required for two of my statistical units, however they did submit them as distinctions and were later confirmed as distinctions by the external moderator. If the marking wasn't so late you might have been able to do something similar. Even if you couldn't, you could of at least learned from mistakes you had made if they marked them more promptly.

Have you kept in contact with any of the other students in the access course about what results they achieved?
If what you are saying is accurate it also reflects quite badly on the external moderator.

Hope all goes well contacting QAA etc. Hopefully they will be quick in re-moderating/remarking the work.

Well the disorganized manner made it very hard to discuss or appeal any grades especially towards the end of the course. For example: we were told that all our assignmemts and exams would be graded by the 30th June so that we have a about a week to appeal if we thought the grades weren't right before the external moderators came in. When they would come they could then confirm our final grades as you have said. However our grades didn't get given until the 17th of July. They sent us an email telling us the timeframe of what would take place towards the end of the course, it was never stuck to...
So when I was my grades online the next day I was supposed to go in and collect my transcript, so to appeal or anything of that nature was out of the question.
A few other students are even wondering wether the external moderators actually came in, as the timing of it all and the way the tutors were acting was very shady.

Yes, other students aren't not happy with their grades but since they applied to the local uni and got in they have just moved on.

On the around the 22nd of July I was told by my personal tutor that the external moderators had given the course lead permission to re-grade only if I'd asked. I didn't know about this until she told me and by then I just felt like it was all too late. I was very upset because had she has not of told me I would have never had known since the course lead wasn't willing to tell me himself. When I did ask the next day for my portfolio to be relooked at he has never replied to his emails or the voice messages I left him requesting a remark.

At this stage, I really don't want anyone from that college to remark, I would like just the external moderators to remark, if this is at all possible...
Well the disorganized manner made it very hard to discuss or appeal any grades especially towards the end of the course. For example: we were told that all our assignmemts and exams would be graded by the 30th June so that we have a about a week to appeal if we thought the grades weren't right before the external moderators came in. When they would come they could then confirm our final grades as you have said. However our grades didn't get given until the 17th of July. They sent us an email telling us the timeframe of what would take place towards the end of the course, it was never stuck to...
So when I was my grades online the next day I was supposed to go in and collect my transcript, so to appeal or anything of that nature was out of the question.
A few other students are even wondering wether the external moderators actually came in, as the timing of it all and the way the tutors were acting was very shady.

Yes, other students aren't not happy with their grades but since they applied to the local uni and got in they have just moved on.

On the around the 22nd of July I was told by my personal tutor that the external moderators had given the course lead permission to re-grade only if I'd asked. I didn't know about this until she told me and by then I just felt like it was all too late. I was very upset because had she has not of told me I would have never had known since the course lead wasn't willing to tell me himself. When I did ask the next day for my portfolio to be relooked at he has never replied to his emails or the voice messages I left him requesting a remark.

At this stage, I really don't want anyone from that college to remark, I would like just the external moderators to remark, if this is at all possible...

Then you should build your case over procedural irregularities that they can verify. You can have solid good evidence about those.

Some of your allegations are much more difficult to prove and may actually undermine your case.

You also need to appreciate what you need to be telling the QAA and want they can do as opposed to the AVA or FSA.

You need to understand who will be dealing with it and what the rules/ procedures might be. Which AVA is it? Its on the link I gave you.
Reply 9
Then you should build your case over procedural irregularities that they can verify. You can have solid good evidence about those.

Some of your allegations are much more difficult to prove and may actually undermine your case.

You also need to appreciate what you need to be telling the QAA and want they can do as opposed to the AVA or FSA.

You need to understand who will be dealing with it and what the rules/ procedures might be. Which AVA is it? Its on the link I gave you.

Yes, I am going through all the regulations set out from the awarding body and QAA regarding the grading system and appeals.

I understand that the bias and such may not come into play so much, those are just details that build a more clear picture of what I am and was dealing with.

The AVA is Laser Awards, and as I have said, already spoken to them and they have said that it's got nothing to do with them. Hey, when I spoke to the QAA, they have now spoken to the AVA on my behalf who will now speak to the Head of Access at my college.

I'm not sure what they will say, so I guess now is my time to build a proper case based on the regulations set out by Laser Awards.
What do you think? Is this a correct move? 🤔😊
Yes, I am going through all the regulations set out from the awarding body and QAA regarding the grading system and appeals.

I understand that the bias and such may not come into play so much, those are just details that build a more clear picture of what I am and was dealing with.

The AVA is Laser Awards, and as I have said, already spoken to them and they have said that it's got nothing to do with them. Hey, when I spoke to the QAA, they have now spoken to the AVA on my behalf who will now speak to the Head of Access at my college.

I'm not sure what they will say, so I guess now is my time to build a proper case based on the regulations set out by Laser Awards.
What do you think? Is this a correct move? 🤔😊

1. A very good point is that the QAA are listening to you, so keep them onside and dont annoy or overwhelm them.

2. By their own link they indicate its not the job of the QAA, but the AVA or SFA..

3. Doc check with the SFA whether you are speaking to the right people and they should be handling any of it.

4. What laser are saying seems to contradict what that link on the QAA says and seems more avoidance.

5. If QAA are happy to handle then o for it.

6. Yes you are doing entirely the right thing by reading the rules, then start assembling a case for that. After all you merely require a remark. If it was GCE anyone can apply for one if they pay and its done in 15 days, which is in time for uni.

7. I think your case should be on the way the course was taught and factual examples of how the non standard format , poor feedback and delays is contrary to the guidelines and you have been prejudiced by it. his should give you soem form of compensation. Not getting results as you go along would have annoyed me as I thought the whole point was its a way of measuring progress and improving i.e to make sure you are on target.

8. |If you are going to make allegations of bias, then be careful how you phrase it.

9. Your ultimate aim should be a remark by an experienced assessor who is independent. You can suggest it wouldnt be fair to be marked by anyone linked to the college. No idea how fast they can do that.
Reply 11

-If you studied an Access course this year or last year what grades did you achieve (Maybe the grades I got are the avarage???)?

I've just finished an access to nursing course at my local London college. Different situation to yours but apparently the college had had a nightmare year before where a lot of the grades awarded were too lenient and block downgraded by the governing body OCN, resulting in loads of students failing to get into uni.* So the next year (my year) they were forced to get more organised and also to grade more harshly, but some took it to the extent where they were actively trying to limit the number of distinctions awarded.

Some of the feedback I had included "I'm going to limit your mark to a merit because I didn't feel the wow-factor needed to give you a distinction." Hardly usable feedback. So I took this higher up the chain and eventually had the paper remarked by external verifiers with the mark bumped up to a distinction.

I too had an offer from kings among others but had to contend with the outlook from some of my tutors that students should be aiming for at least a pass and should be happy with that. They kept saying things like "well you only need passes and merits across the board to get into uni so I wouldn't worry too much."

Maybe it's just a culture within some colleges where they would prefer to walk a line of getting students to achieve the bare minimum so that they move on to uni somehow but the governing bodies are also happy with the school and that the course looks sufficiently hard enough.

It's all the grey areas with access grading system and the fact that it's just so subjective which makes it difficult to know what exactly is needed to get top marks and also makes it easier for tutors to limit the grade you achieve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I calculated all the assignmemts I NEEDED to get distinctions I'm and what ones I could relax a little on. However, from day one when I mentioned that I am aiming to go to King’s College University London, the response I got from my college was “why go there? Just go to local uni's here!” I was slightly shocked, to say the least with the rather disapproving response.

As far as I'm concerned, the college is not supposed to pick the universities a mature student should go, but encourage and support wherever the student has chosen to go. After all, it's me who will pay back £60,000 worth of debt, not the college.

My college encouraged both the local University they were affiliated with and their own HND programs as you would expect. But they were respectful of students who had their minds set on other options.

Even if your work is of distinction level, only 16% of the student population can or should achieve distinctions, in fear of the college being condemned by the awarding body.

Now, I'm not sure if any of you have heard this before from your Access Course college, but this really doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Now, I'm not trying to puff myself up in anyway at all, but I know that I had done everything to achieve distinctions in the assignmemts I knew I could get distinctions in. Some I got distinctions but many I had gotten merits.

I never heard anything about variable boundaries like that. There were several assignments on my course where I know about 40% of students achieved distinctions, and 3 students from the 16 that completed the course achieved a clean sweep of distinctions in all modules.

The grade criteria was always clear in our assignments to the point it was very straight forwards to demonstrate pass/merit/distinction, for example to pass you have to meet the criteria, for merit you had to meet criteria, be mostly error free, and demonstrate good understanding, for distinction you had to meet criteria, demonstrate excellent understanding, demonstrate extensive research, and be error free.

Assignments are then independently verified by the awards body, I think 6 of mine were checked. Tutors on my course did tell me that when they gave out high grades the awards body would be more sceptical, but my tutors were always happy to stand by their grading because they knew the awards body verified it with random samples and they never had anything come back contested.

At the end of the course, my course lead tried to give me a transcript with 12 Distinctions and 33 Merits on it, knowing full well the requirements of my offer at King's.
I had passed the math, English tests and interview at King's and received my offer. My college knew full well, but it seemed as if I was somehow a bee in their bonnet and they (from what I can see) have graded me unfairly. By the way, I had never made cause to be treated unfairly as I have... I was pretty chilled and quite in class. I came to study and get my diploma.
Many of the student this year have all agreed that would never recommend this college to anyone!

I would be very careful about challenging your grading sounding like an accusation. With such a large disparity between your transcript and your requirement it would be difficult for the college to conceal a deliberate attempt to bring your grades down. That you didn't know your grades until the very end is a major concern, feedback should have been prompt.

- What's your advice and what do you think will be the outcome now that the QAA are involved?

I would carry on as you are, let QAA review your grading, be careful not to accuse the college of anything because they will likely take the colleges side and view you as a bitter student who is trying to make excuses.

It's fair to point out that you were told the college mentioned about the 16% distinction rate to you and that you feel the college may have been unduly cautious in its grading of your work for fear of seeming too lenient, but I would be very diplomatic on the matter.
Reply 13
Ok, so where do I start... Basically I need help and advice for the situation I'm in now.
It's LONG guys, sorry! But if you can offer advice please read😅
I completed an Access Course at XXX college after relocated all the way from Scotland to attend the college in South East England due to my mother's good experience their back in 2004.

However things had clearly changed over the years.

To get to my point, I study the Health Sciences Pathway with the plan to go on and study Adult Nursing at Kings College University London this Sept. I am a mature and obviously completely understood what was required of my to get into this Russel Group uni.
The entry requirements were 30 Distinctions, 12 Merits and 3 Pass. I worked so hard to achieve this, constantly asking the tutors what I needed to do to get distinctions. I was very proactive and was the type of student that recorded all the classes and played them on the bus, whilst cooking and at night so to fully immerse myself into the course and assignmemts.

However, all came to light as the course progressed. You see, the Access course lead is also a lecturer at the local Universites and works within the admissions department of both. Since this is the case, I have been made aware (by the course lead) that he can influence these universities in allowing his students in and ensure that they receive the grades (mainly merits) needed to make it in with ease, so if a student applies to any other universities they are on their own and most likely struggle get a confirmed offer due to the grades requirements. The more students get into uni the better the college looks. So why not go to the local uni the the course lead has the power to turn a few knobs. Plus the local uni's entry requirements are pretty low so it's so easy for him.

Now here's worrying part, so I asked my course lead for a remark over 6 weeks ago and still haven't even heard boo from them.
King's have obviously rejected me upon seeing my ridiculous grades but have said that if I still want to be considered (due there still being spaces on the course) I must come up with at least 27 Distinctions by the end of this month. So because my college is not responding to my calls and emails I have now taken this to the QAA who are contacting the college on my behalf.

I'm really frustrated because I have worked so hard this past year to get to where I've dreamed of being and now my dream has prematurely been stumped due to these ridiculous grades I have received.

Thank you so much for reading!😘

I completed my Access to Computing at a College in London this year. Whilst you were completing assignments were you not getting feedback on your work and the grade the lecturers had awarded the work you submitted once marked by themselves.

This was the matter at the college I went to, the lecturers marked the work and gave feedback to each student and awarded the grade for the work P, M or D. These are not the final grades untill OCN London came in to moderate the work submitted. Also when the work was moderated not all pieces of work gets looked at only a handful are selected from each module completed. If the Assessors find something wrong they will look at that whole module. If this occurs more than once, then the whole course is looked at. This is what was explained to my class at the beginning of the course to understand how we would be graded and how its finalised. I would assume this is the same for you maybe just a different award body under the QAA.

You should of known your grades as you was progressing through the course and it would have been confirmed at the end or changed by the external assessor.
1. A very good point is that the QAA are listening to you, so keep them onside and dont annoy or overwhelm them.

2. By their own link they indicate its not the job of the QAA, but the AVA or SFA..

3. Doc check with the SFA whether you are speaking to the right people and they should be handling any of it.

4. What laser are saying seems to contradict what that link on the QAA says and seems more avoidance.

5. If QAA are happy to handle then o for it.

6. Yes you are doing entirely the right thing by reading the rules, then start assembling a case for that. After all you merely require a remark. If it was GCE anyone can apply for one if they pay and its done in 15 days, which is in time for uni.

7. I think your case should be on the way the course was taught and factual examples of how the non standard format , poor feedback and delays is contrary to the guidelines and you have been prejudiced by it. his should give you soem form of compensation. Not getting results as you go along would have annoyed me as I thought the whole point was its a way of measuring progress and improving i.e to make sure you are on target.

8. |If you are going to make allegations of bias, then be careful how you phrase it.

9. Your ultimate aim should be a remark by an experienced assessor who is independent. You can suggest it wouldnt be fair to be marked by anyone linked to the college. No idea how fast they can do that.

Oooo ok, thank you so much for all this advice and info! this is exactly what I needed to be honest! 🤗
Original post by Alzata
I completed my Access to Computing at a College in London this year. Whilst you were completing assignments were you not getting feedback on your work and the grade the lecturers had awarded the work you submitted once marked by themselves.

This was the matter at the college I went to, the lecturers marked the work and gave feedback to each student and awarded the grade for the work P, M or D. These are not the final grades untill OCN London came in to moderate the work submitted. Also when the work was moderated not all pieces of work gets looked at only a handful are selected from each module completed. If the Assessors find something wrong they will look at that whole module. If this occurs more than once, then the whole course is looked at. This is what was explained to my class at the beginning of the course to understand how we would be graded and how its finalised. I would assume this is the same for you maybe just a different award body under the QAA.

You should of known your grades as you was progressing through the course and it would have been confirmed at the end or changed by the external assessor.

Hmmm very interesting! This is also what I was after; other access course student experiences.

Yeah, I mean have the main chunk of the course graded/released a day before the transcript is written is a bit unfair in my opinion 😫
Original post by BigYoSpeck
I would carry on as you are, let QAA review your grading, be careful not to accuse the college of anything because they will likely take the colleges side and view you as a bitter student who is trying to make excuses.

It's fair to point out that you were told the college mentioned about the 16% distinction rate to you and that you feel the college may have been unduly cautious in its grading of your work for fear of seeming too lenient, but I would be very diplomatic on the matter.

Hmm very interesting indeed! Will definitely take on board you advice too! I'm really thinking about how to do this without sounding too much like a "bitter student"😅
I will have to put all my feelings aside and build a case based on facts.
I mean at the end of the day, I just want my work regraded at this point, which I believe is a right of the student, or is it?🤔 Will have to look into everything and see what grounds I have to stand on I guess 😊
Original post by RupertD
I've just finished an access to nursing course at my local London college. Different situation to yours but apparently the college had had a nightmare year before where a lot of the grades awarded were too lenient and block downgraded by the governing body OCN, resulting in loads of students failing to get into uni.* So the next year (my year) they were forced to get more organised and also to grade more harshly, but some took it to the extent where they were actively trying to limit the number of distinctions awarded.

Some of the feedback I had included "I'm going to limit your mark to a merit because I didn't feel the wow-factor needed to give you a distinction." Hardly usable feedback. So I took this higher up the chain and eventually had the paper remarked by external verifiers with the mark bumped up to a distinction.

I too had an offer from kings among others but had to contend with the outlook from some of my tutors that students should be aiming for at least a pass and should be happy with that. They kept saying things like "well you only need passes and merits across the board to get into uni so I wouldn't worry too much."

Maybe it's just a culture within some colleges where they would prefer to walk a line of getting students to achieve the bare minimum so that they move on to uni somehow but the governing bodies are also happy with the school and that the course looks sufficiently hard enough.

It's all the grey areas with access grading system and the fact that it's just so subjective which makes it difficult to know what exactly is needed to get top marks and also makes it easier for tutors to limit the grade you achieve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well well!!! Thank you RupertD! I was honestly beginning to think that maybe it was just my college...
Your story sounds very similar and I'm happy to hear you got your grades sorted.
Why do the colleges have to be like this though... it just all seems slightly shady tbh... yes there are alot of grey areas indeed!

The language and phrases you said the colleges/tutors used were very similar to my tutors 😪

I do hope my work can be regraded by the external moderators/awarding body too.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience too though!🤗
Did you get any feedback at all on your assignments throughout the duration of your course?

Also, I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I can see where they are perhaps coming from with regards to a RG uni. It's a nursing course, all NHS funded courses are the same. All training should be standardized else some would know more than others! Not saying that prospective nursing students should never apply for a RG uni. Needless to say you applied and got in to the university you wanted which you had every right to apply for.
Original post by AnnaGlypta
Did you get any feedback at all on your assignments throughout the duration of your course?

Also, I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I can see where they are perhaps coming from with regards to a RG uni. It's a nursing course, all NHS funded courses are the same. All training should be standardized else some would know more than others! Not saying that prospective nursing students should never apply for a RG uni. Needless to say you applied and got in to the university you wanted which you had every right to apply for.

I got feedback from the first few assignmemts but then again I got distinctions and i was happy with the merits I got in those too. However, the second half of the course our assignmemts weren't getting mark on time, to the point where the majority of my assignments were marked at a day before I collected my transcript, and a few of those assignmemts have absolutely no feedback on them...

Yes, I totally get the deal with RG and I'm not expecting King's to take me unless my grades somehow go up. I totally understand that nursing programs are almost the same throughout, it was just my own personal choice tbh😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending