The Student Room Group

Pre-Registration Applicants 2018/2019

Any 3rd years applying for pre-reg this summer/autumn?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I'm applying on oriel at the moment.
Reply 2
Original post by Papillon95

Yeah me too
Reply 3

Original post by pharm4
Yeah me too

:biggrin:
How many places have you applied to?
Reply 4
It's one application for all the places so am applying to as many as possible
Reply 5
Original post by pharm4
It's one application for all the places so am applying to as many as possible

Yeah I meant how many places are in your preference list?
Currently I have ~60 in the preference list & about 10 in the no preference list & don't know if I should add more
Reply 6
I have about 200 in the preference list and about 15 in the no preference list.... Am trying to put as many as possible because I think I'll rather get a place even if it isn't my first choice than not get one at all!
Reply 7
Original post by pharm4
I have about 200 in the preference list and about 15 in the no preference list.... Am trying to put as many as possible because I think I'll rather get a place even if it isn't my first choice than not get one at all!

I agree with you there! Might have to do the same, I applied to just hospital so my options were fairly limited
Reply 8
Original post by velvetsky
I agree with you there! Might have to do the same, I applied to just hospital so my options were fairly limited

There are over 200 hospitals though... it just depends on if there are any specialties you don't want at all!
Hey all!!

I have about 31 in my preference list so far~ I really dont want community so they have all gone in the not wanted list. However, I feel the same that i would rather get a place than miss out!
What has everyone put as there #1 in their preference list?
Reply 11
Original post by pharm4
There are over 200 hospitals though... it just depends on if there are any specialties you don't want at all!

Minus specialities & London, & a few hospitals I've visited and didn't like
Reply 12
Original post by AboutThatLife93
What has everyone put as there #1 in their preference list?

Home!
Rent is a bi-tch 😂
What about you?
Reply 13
Hey all!!

I have about 31 in my preference list so far~ I really dont want community so they have all gone in the not wanted list. However, I feel the same that i would rather get a place than miss out!

Same, I hadn't thought about the possibility of not getting a place until @pharm4 mentioned it
Reply 14
Original post by velvetsky
Same, I hadn't thought about the possibility of not getting a place until @pharm4 mentioned it

Definitely.... Adding more hospitals increases your chances of getting a place and if you get a place you don't want you could just decline it.... but you would have to start applying to community pharmacies!
Reply 15
Original post by pharm4
Definitely.... Adding more hospitals increases your chances of getting a place and if you get a place you don't want you could just decline it.... but you would have to start applying to community pharmacies!

I will see which hospitals I can add on & community pharmacies. I know some community pharmacies have good training programmes I'll definitely have a look into it & add more to the list :smile:
I've preferenced about 45 places and left around 30 in the no preference section. I didn't know how many places to preference as we're the first year and there's nothing to compare our applications to.
Reply 17
I've preferenced about 45 places and left around 30 in the no preference section. I didn't know how many places to preference as we're the first year and there's nothing to compare our applications to.

Exactly!
They recommend we preference around 30 places. I know a lot of people have struggled to even reach that number.
I've got about 50 preferences now but still have about 150 in no preference to sort through

Has anyone submit theirs yet?
Reply 19
I've got about 50 preferences now but still have about 150 in no preference to sort through

Has anyone submit theirs yet?

No not yet, need to go over my preference & no preference list again. I will probably submit it tomorrow morning

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending