The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

London School of Economics (LSE) 2018 Applicants

Please Connect
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/london_school_of_economics_and_political_science

LSE 2018 Applicants
This thread is for people applying to LSE for 2018 entry. Anyone else with advice on applying to LSE feel free to post.

Personal Statement help:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Completing-the-UCAS-form/Personal-Statement

Anyways, feel free to introduce yourself by saying:

What course you are applying for

GCSE Grades

AS Subject & Grades

A-Level Predictions

Anything else you want to add

Also, ask questions about applying to LSE

Good luck to everyone who is applying
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll start

Maths and/with Economics

3A*s 7As 1B

AAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics)

A*A*A

(edited 6 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
if only LSE did straight maths😭😭
1. Financial Mathematics and Statistics.
2. 5A*s, 4As, 3 Bs.
3. AAAB
4. A*A*A
1.) Maths and/with Economics
2.) 3A* 6A and a B at GCSE (and a C in AS Level Computer Science)
3.) AS Results - ABBC (Maths, Further Maths, Spanish and German). I also do Economics however didn't sit the AS in it and got an A at the end of the year,
4.) N/A
Reply 5
Original post by LaurenMiles
1.) Maths and/with Economics
2.) 3A* 6A and a B at GCSE (and a C in AS Level Computer Science)
3.) AS Results - ABBC (Maths, Further Maths, Spanish and German). I also do Economics however didn't sit the AS in it and got an A at the end of the year,
4.) N/A

Which subjects are you keeping in year 13
Reply 6
Original post by ihatehannah
1. Financial Mathematics and Statistics.
2. 5A*s, 4As, 3 Bs.
3. AAAB
4. A*A*A

What subjects did you do?
Reply 7
Original post by DamnDaniel2
if only LSE did straight maths😭😭

😅 I'm guessing you aren't going to apply to LSE so which other universities are you looking at
Original post by AdeptDz
What subjects did you do?

maths, further maths, physics.
Reply 9
maths, further maths, physics.

Oh cool
well done on your results
Original post by AdeptDz
Which subjects are you keeping in year 13

Maths, Further Maths and Economics. I realise that taking 5 AS levels was a mistake as I feel like my AS results suffered. I also neglected maths quite a loy this year to focus on German and Spanish and didn't get much out of them ://
Original post by AdeptDz
Oh cool
well done on your results

Thanks, you too. LSE is so competitive, but it's literally the only university I want to go to because the course is so relevant to what I want to do in the future, hope we get in! What are you planning to do career wise.
Reply 12
Original post by LaurenMiles
Maths, Further Maths and Economics. I realise that taking 5 AS levels was a mistake as I feel like my AS results suffered. I also neglected maths quite a loy this year to focus on German and Spanish and didn't get much out of them ://

Ohh cool, same as me.
That's impressive anyway, good luck in year 13.
Reply 13
Thanks, you too. LSE is so competitive, but it's literally the only university I want to go to because the course is so relevant to what I want to do in the future, hope we get in! What are you planning to do career wise.

Yeah I know. I really want to get into LSE as well but I wouldn't mind UCL. And I'm looking to go into investment banking/consultancy/AM etc. I'm leaning towards investment banking the most. Trading to be exact, how about you?
Original post by AdeptDz
Yeah I know. I really want to get into LSE as well but I wouldn't mind UCL. And I'm looking to go into investment banking/consultancy/AM etc. I'm leaning towards investment banking the most. Trading to be exact, how about you?

yeah lol , exactly the same. I wanted to go into IB as well , but I had work experience quite recently at Aberdeen Asset Management and I definitely wouldn't mind working there, the hours are much better than IB too. So yeah IB or AM, but leaning towards AM.
Original post by AdeptDz

are you applying to credit susses' steps to success program? I am in the middle of completing my CV for it.
Reply 16
are you applying to credit susses' steps to success program? I am in the middle of completing my CV for it.

Oh yh I was going to apply to those all those things when school started, I didn't know applications started already so yeah I'll look at that soon, thanks for reminding me
Reply 17
yeah lol , exactly the same. I wanted to go into IB as well , but I had work experience quite recently at Aberdeen Asset Management and I definitely wouldn't mind working there, the hours are much better than IB too. So yeah IB or AM, but leaning towards AM.

Ohh cool, yeah i think I'll just keep an open mind for all of these career options as it is still quite early
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Graduated from lse with a 2.1 recently in economics AMA :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by gymrat
Graduated from lse with a 2.1 recently in economics AMA :smile:

Congrats!
How was student life like and what do you think made you stand out when you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending