The Student Room Group

Oxford Freshers Megathread 2017!

🎉🎉🎉🎉Congrats to those that are going to the University of Oxford! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

Have a chat, meet fellow future students, ask a question, or just send your fav GIF about getting into your uni!
This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Alrighty.
Hi Oxford people. Biochemistry at Trinity.
Hi,
Mathematics and Statistics at Exeter
Reply 3
History and Politics at Mansfield!
Reply 4
History at Worcester, can't quite believe it!
History and Economics at New College. Has not sunk in.
Reply 6
Original post by ConfusedBadger
Alrighty.
Hi Oxford people. Biochemistry at Trinity.

Original post by Oliviapricilia
Hi,
Mathematics and Statistics at Exeter

Original post by rgwparker
History and Politics at Mansfield!

Original post by MarthaR

Original post by adamwall99
History and Economics at New College. Has not sunk in.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! You've absolutely smashed it! excited to start? 🎊
Reply 7
Original post by summer1311

SO excited!
Reply 8
Original post by summer1311

Very excited! Also a little scared though, this is going to be hard isn't it? Has anyone else actually planned past this point? My long term life plan now consists of:
1). watch a film...
Maths at St John's!
History. Had an open offer. Still waiting for final college confirmation. Once I know that I can form a plan that goes beyond 🎉 🍾
Original post by MarthaR
Very excited! Also a little scared though, this is going to be hard isn't it? Has anyone else actually planned past this point? My long term life plan now consists of:
1). watch a film...

Lol I've done absolutely no planning for best OR worst case scenario, I was too afraid to jinx anything! Things will clear up when they get in contact, there's a bunch of information we're supposed to get soon right?
Reply 12
Original post by rgwparker
Lol I've done absolutely no planning for best OR worst case scenario, I was too afraid to jinx anything! Things will clear up when they get in contact, there's a bunch of information we're supposed to get soon right?

Oh I planned so much for worst case scenario! And yep, I just got an email with all the admin-y type stuff. It feels real now :smile:
Original post by MarthaR
Oh I planned so much for worst case scenario! And yep, I just got an email with all the admin-y type stuff. It feels real now :smile:

I've not got that yet, but honestly even when I do it probably won't feel real... probably it won't feel real until I'm actually there, haha
International student from Bulgaria here. I will be studying Computer Science at St. Catz. Received my finals results back in June but my place was confirmed just a few days ago. It's such an honour to be accepted to such a prestigious university.
Original post by MarthaR

I just graduated in History from Worcester <3
PPE in Merton here!
Reply 17
Original post by colourtheory
I just graduated in History from Worcester <3

Awesome! Is there any way I could ask you some questions?
Original post by MarthaR
Awesome! Is there any way I could ask you some questions?

feel free to pm me :smile:
Hey there,
Engineering at Oriel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending