The Student Room Group

Scottish Degree

This may sound like a silly question but I am wondering if I get a Social Work degree from a Scottish University, will it be the same as an English Degree or would I need to convert it to study Social Work in England?
Original post by soph1.w
This may sound like a silly question but I am wondering if I get a Social Work degree from a Scottish University, will it be the same as an English Degree or would I need to convert it to study Social Work in England?

While you won't need to retrain 'officially' after gaining a degree in social work from a Scottish university, if you wish to work back in England, there are major differences between England and Scotland in how they govern and implement social care - so you will have to learn the differences between the two systems if you wish to gain employment in England and vice versa.

If you did a degree in Scotland you will be taught the Scottish system and the same for England, if you did a degree there.

This is a helpful article on the matter.
http://www.communitycare.co.uk/2013/05/24/crossing-the-border-moving-between-social-work-in-scotland-and-england/

Quick Reply

Latest