The Student Room Group

sheffield medicine MMI interview help?

have no idea what to expect in the interview which i have next week
if anyone has experience in mmi interviews please help
much appreciated
Reply 2
Original post by MattJacks

Thank you so much!! I was just wondering how scientific the question would be, and whether they use our references during the interview?

Thanks again
Original post by avestanav
Thank you so much!! I was just wondering how scientific the question would be, and whether they use our references during the interview?

Thanks again

By reference you mean your teachers reference? I'm not too sure on that, many unis interview you having not looked at personal statement, and won't use it in the process. As it is MMI every student will have the same questions and such personal questions on reference are unlikely to come up. Though I may be wrong.

By scientific, I expect that the uni won't want much above that of ALvel knowledge, let's be honest, if you knew as much as a medical student before going why you going?

No worries
Reply 4
Hi, I have a MMI next week at Sheffield University - can you give me an idea of what was asked for you? So I can prepare?
Reply 5
I have an interview at Sheffield on Monday after missing my AAA offer at Bristol with A*AB. Anyone got any tips? This is my last hope
Original post by rmpg
I have an interview at Sheffield on Monday after missing my AAA offer at Bristol with A*AB. Anyone got any tips? This is my last hope

I have exactly the same problem! Anyone help me too please 😂
Reply 7
Have any of you guys received confirmation when exactly the interview will be and at what time or has it just been a verbal confirmation so far?
Did you do any MMI interviews when applying originally? My daughter applied for dentistry and her second MMI interview went way better than her first. All unis have their own version but common consensus seems to be keep calm, don't give up on a task and just do your best. At Cardiff a student told us he got in and a friend didn't even though his friend did better on some tasks because he talked more and was more reassuring. Good luck .
Omg, i didnt realise sheffield were in clearing:frown: i got put on the waitlist after my interview! But i got A*AB and didnt think they would take me! Now i regret not ringing them up :frown: would monday be too late to ring them??
Original post by Louise427
Omg, i didnt realise sheffield were in clearing:frown: i got put on the waitlist after my interview! But i got A*AB and didnt think they would take me! Now i regret not ringing them up :frown: would monday be too late to ring them??

Monday was the last interview slot I believe so I think that you would be too late, if you want to reapply UEA took 2 people from my school with AAB
Original post by Scienceperson
Monday was the last interview slot I believe so I think that you would be too late, if you want to reapply UEA took 2 people from my school with AAB

I though as much :frown: i'm getting the B remarked as i'm only 3UMS off an A, and hoping to get into uni i had as firm if it goes up :smile: In the case that it doesnt go up and i have to reapply, I take the people from you school repeated their B??
WHAT!?!? I phoned sheffield and they told me unless the medical admissions team called you (assuming it's students on the waiting list), then there were no places left. OMG so I was lied to?... They DID go into clearing?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymity12345
WHAT!?!? I phoned sheffield and they told me unless the medical admissions team called you (assuming it's students on the waiting list), then there were no places left. OMG so I was lied to?...

As far as I know, going through clearing is a sh*t show and you should just phone up as many unis doing your course as you can. Even if they didn't officially didn't go through clearing (like Sheffield this year) they might still have space on the course.

For medicine I think it's pretty much over now (sorry :frown:), but you could always try an alternative route through clearing if you don't want to wait a year.
Original post by Louise427
I though as much :frown: i'm getting the B remarked as i'm only 3UMS off an A, and hoping to get into uni i had as firm if it goes up :smile: In the case that it doesnt go up and i have to reapply, I take the people from you school repeated their B??

No, not at all. The people from my school got in to UEA for 2017 entry with AAB they aren't repeating it. It seems like medical schools advertise certain grades but in reality, after interview, they will accept you with lower than AAA.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymity12345
WHAT!?!? I phoned sheffield and they told me unless the medical admissions team called you (assuming it's students on the waiting list), then there were no places left. OMG so I was lied to?... They DID go into clearing?

I don't think it was clearing. I didn't get an interview from phoning up and I hadn't applied there in the first place so was never on any wait list. It was a shock to be offered an interview to be honest considering I'd emailed all the other medical schools and they'd all told me there were no spaces in the A100 course. Really odd situation to be honest. Especially seeing as in clearing loads of unis (Liverpool, Bristol, St. George's) seemed to be advertising medicine spaces but when I phoned up admissions staff appeared to know nothing about it. All very strange, very much seemed to be all about luck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
I am an international applicant and my interview is being held this week in Singapore. Does anyone know whether interviews held outside the UK are traditional or MMI?

Please help my interview is this week and i don't know what to expect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending