The Student Room Group

Best unis for accounting and finance???

I want to study accounting and finance at uni next year, and dont know whether to make bristol, bath or warwick my firm choice. Which uni out of the 3 is the best and why? what are each of there rankings as well since each website says different
Original post by geeeek
I want to study accounting and finance at uni next year, and dont know whether to make bristol, bath or warwick my firm choice. Which uni out of the 3 is the best and why? what are each of there rankings as well since each website says different

You should be thinking about the difference between course content between the three (which do you prefer?) and where you could see yourself living for three years.
accounting and finance is a **** degree try look for something else in clearing like maths
Reply 3
Original post by Cubone-r
You should be thinking about the difference between course content between the three (which do you prefer?) and where you could see yourself living for three years.

i dont mind living at either uni and have looked at the course. I was wondering which uni has a higher reputation and is better
Original post by geeeek
i dont mind living at either uni and have looked at the course. I was wondering which uni has a higher reputation and is better

There is hardly any difference between the three universities.
Original post by geeeek

Stop looking at rankings.

All three are excellent institutions and well respected.
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_Cow
Stop looking at rankings.

All three are excellent institutions and well respected.

Im aware that they're all respected unis, but i wanted to know which would be better academically for my course and is recognised more by employers
Original post by geeeek
Im aware that they're all respected unis, but i wanted to know which would be better academically for my course and is recognised more by employers

Employers don't care where you got your degree from - especially in this case seeing there is very little difference between the three.

- Look at the modules they offer
- Work placement opportunities (Bath is known for having excellent support for sandwich years)
- See how the university "feels" to you
- Do they offer bursaries/scholarships?

Accountancy and Finance isn't really an academic degree. It's leaning towards a vocational one.
Reply 8
Original post by Blue_Cow
Employers don't care where you got your degree from - especially in this case seeing there is very little difference between the three.

- Look at the modules they offer
- Work placement opportunities (Bath is known for having excellent support for sandwich years)
- See how the university "feels" to you
- Do they offer bursaries/scholarships?

Accountancy and Finance isn't really an academic degree. It's leaning towards a vocational one.

thank you. And how come Bath uni is ranked approx. 10th in the UK and bristol is 19th in the UK. But in the world ranking bath is ranked lower than bristol? How does this make any sense
Original post by geeeek
thank you. And how come Bath uni is ranked approx. 10th in the UK and bristol is 19th in the UK. But in the world ranking bath is ranked lower than bristol? How does this make any sense

Different rankings use different algorithms to generate an index. Don't worry about it.
Original post by geeeek

Because the rankings are **** and should largely be ignored.
Original post by geeeek

Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply