The Student Room Group

Texting a girl on whatsapp

Hello TSR.

Can't find my answer on google, so am turning to you guys.

I was sitting next to this girl on a return flight back home. We were having a good chat, and seemed to get along quite well.

I asked for her number before she left to keep in touch.

The girl lives in a different city, so there was not really a chance to go meet her, but I did text her a few times (she didn't have whatsapp). The texts were not of any material (ie not much conversation to them) as I think she was quite busy, and then I didn't pursue of being too needy. I didn't really get a chance to start a new convo, and I was busy due to final year of uni.

About 2 months ago, I saw that she has whatsapp, and had a common topic in recent events to start a convo.
Since then, I have been having a good conversation with her, though it can take her a few days to reply as her phone is temperamental.

She has now moved to another country in UK, but had asked if she wanted to come to watch an event but Unfortunately she was not able to commit as her work shifts are not set.

Long story short, I would really like to see her again, esp as the time on the plane was short and not much to do. What's the best approach without being a too forward/creep?

I would also like a picture of her (profile picture), as the one on whatsapp does not have her face...what's the best way to ask?

Sorry for long post
Original post by Anonymous
Hello TSR.

Can't find my answer on google, so am turning to you guys.

I was sitting next to this girl on a return flight back home. We were having a good chat, and seemed to get along quite well.

I asked for her number before she left to keep in touch.

The girl lives in a different city, so there was not really a chance to go meet her, but I did text her a few times (she didn't have whatsapp). The texts were not of any material (ie not much conversation to them) as I think she was quite busy, and then I didn't pursue of being too needy. I didn't really get a chance to start a new convo, and I was busy due to final year of uni.

About 2 months ago, I saw that she has whatsapp, and had a common topic in recent events to start a convo.
Since then, I have been having a good conversation with her, though it can take her a few days to reply as her phone is temperamental.

She has now moved to another country in UK, but had asked if she wanted to come to watch an event but Unfortunately she was not able to commit as her work shifts are not set.

Long story short, I would really like to see her again, esp as the time on the plane was short and not much to do. What's the best approach without being a too forward/creep?

I would also like a picture of her (profile picture), as the one on whatsapp does not have her face...what's the best way to ask?

Sorry for long post

Well asking for a picture of someone isn't really the best way about it. Thats kind of creepy.
Reply 2
Ok I know EXACTLY what you need to say, let me explain. Researchers at the University of Cambridge have come up with the most advanced and researched way to develop relationships with a simple text. This has been in development for the past 33 years and was originally being funded by the CIA to intercept enemy Comms and distract them from combat.

Here goes,

"Helo ***** lasagne plese show me bob and open cat vagene. no? okay next week rape"
Reply 3
Original post by Proudboy
Ok I know EXACTLY what you need to say, let me explain. Researchers at the University of Cambridge have come up with the most advanced and researched way to develop relationships with a simple text. This has been in development for the past 33 years and was originally being funded by the CIA to intercept enemy Comms and distract them from combat.

Here goes,

"Helo ***** lasagne plese show me bob and open cat vagene. no? okay next week rape"

Prouuud of your boyyyy!!
Reply 4
Original post by domk9
Prouuud of your boyyyy!!

UHURU

Proud of your boy!
Reply 5
Original post by Boredom101
Well asking for a picture of someone isn't really the best way about it. Thats kind of creepy.

Exactly! So how can I ask without making it sound creepy?
Many people do, and Google is there to prove it
Exactly! So how can I ask without making it sound creepy?
Many people do, and Google is there to prove it

Do you not remember what she looks like? Add her on social media or something but don't ask for a photo.
Keep talking to her but give it some time before you ask her out. You don't want to come across as clingy
Reply 7
Do you not remember what she looks like? Add her on social media or something but don't ask for a photo.
Keep talking to her but give it some time before you ask her out. You don't want to come across as clingy

Not really
It has been over a year now
No social media as far as I'm aware (don't need or no need to ask either)
I'll take your advise for now over the picture (though would take a third opinion if someone has one aha)

In terms of asking out, I've got to diasgree with you
As mentioned I've already been in contact a while back, and only when we had a good flow of conversation I asked her to come to an event..Didn't make it out to be a big deal (I had a spare free ticket)

And.most point to the fact that you can leave it to late for interest to evade.
Reply 8

Just In response to my previous post.. I asked for help in what's the best way I can ask to meet her...ie when is the opportune moment?
Not really
It has been over a year now
No social media as far as I'm aware (don't need or no need to ask either)
I'll take your advise for now over the picture (though would take a third opinion if someone has one aha)

In terms of asking out, I've got to diasgree with you
As mentioned I've already been in contact a while back, and only when we had a good flow of conversation I asked her to come to an event..Didn't make it out to be a big deal (I had a spare free ticket)

And.most point to the fact that you can leave it to late for interest to evade.

Look i'll be blunt. There is no opportune moment. if she hasn't met up with you by now and it's been over a year. I'm sorry but she is not interested.
Asking for a photo is just weird that's all i can say, if a guy asked me for a photo of me i'll be creeped out.
Thats just my advice. If you prefer someone else's advice by all means take theirs over mine.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending