The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan Payment Date

The university that I shall be attending in September has offered me an accommodation place.
To accept this offer I must pay £2,517.97 in 10 days.

However, the expected payment date of my first Maintenance Loan 22 Jan 2018. By that time, I will have a second rent installment.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by A2UKStudent
The university that I shall be attending in September has offered me an accommodation place.

However, the expected payment date of my first Maintenance Loan 22 Jan 2018. By that time, I will have a second rent installment.

Have you checked this isn't a typo? Someone had similar. It turns out it was a typo and they only had to pay £200 deposit.

If it really isn't a typo, you'll need to talk to the uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Have you checked this isn't a typo? Someone had similar. It turns out it was a typo and they only had to pay £200 deposit.

If it really isn't a typo, you'll need to talk to the uni.

I have checked. It includes the first rent installment and deposit, that must be paid in ten days.
Reply 3
I have checked. It includes the first rent installment and deposit, that must be paid in ten days.

Why is your first Maintenance Loan payment in January if you're getting accomodation now?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Why is your first Maintenance Loan payment in January if you're getting accomodation now?

I'm not sure, hence this thread.

Does SFE have an email address? (I'm not able to phone).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5

Not that I'm aware of. You'll have to ring.
Reply 6
I was hoping I could get a response from SFE here.

Why is my first Maintenance Loan payment date in January, when I start in September?
Reply 7

Why is my first Maintenance Loan payment date in January, when I start in September?

I'd imagine someone will need to look at your account to explain this, which isn't something the SFE reps here can do due to Data Protection.
Reply 8
I have tried phoning but I keep getting disconnected.
Reply 9
I have tried phoning but I keep getting disconnected.

Do you get through to the automated system at all?
Original post by IWMTom
Do you get through to the automated system at all?

Sometimes. I was speaking to an agent and then I got disconnected.

Tried on my mobile and landline phone, and I am having the same problem on both.
Reply 11
Sometimes. I was speaking to an agent and then I got disconnected.

Tried on my mobile and landline phone, and I am having the same problem on both.

That's rather bizarre, I can only suggest to keep trying.

Hi A2UKStudent,

Like IWMTom says, we don't have access to accounts from here. But if your first payment date is set for January 2018 then that would indicate we have an application for a January starting course. You would need to get that changed to the September starting version.

If you are unable to call you can still make changes via your online account if the course hasn't started yet. You may be prompted to print the change of circumstances form (CO1).

Once we have received & processed the change your payment schedule would update. The first payment date won't be any earlier than day one of the course.

Regards,

Stuart
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi A2UKStudent,

Like IWMTom says, we don't have access to accounts from here. But if your first payment date is set for January 2018 then that would indicate we have an application for a January starting course. You would need to get that changed to the September starting version.

If you are unable to call you can still make changes via your online account if the course hasn't started yet. You may be prompted to print the change of circumstances form (CO1).

Once we have received & processed the change your payment schedule would update. The first payment date won't be any earlier than day one of the course.

Regards,

Stuart

Thanks.

I sent a CO1 form two weeks ago.
There was an error in the starting date of my course.

I start on the 14th September, and my application has yet to be updated.

How long will it take for my application to be changed?

Thank you.
Thanks.

I sent a CO1 form two weeks ago.
There was an error in the starting date of my course.

I start on the 14th September, and my application has yet to be updated.

How long will it take for my application to be changed?

Thank you.

Hi A2UKStudent,

The CO1 forms are currently taking 18 working days to process. Your online account will update with the changes once your form has been processed.

Thanks,
Stuart
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi A2UKStudent,

The CO1 forms are currently taking 18 working days to process. Your online account will update with the changes once your form has been processed.

Thanks,
Stuart

It has been around 24 days since I sent it off.

How do I know if SFE has received the CO1 form?
Reply 16
It has been around 24 days since I sent it off.

How do I know if SFE has received the CO1 form?

Ring them and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending