The Student Room Group

I achieved AAAC at AS are these realistic uni choices for me?

King's College ( I did K+ so this should help me a lot)
Queen Mary
City
London Metropolitan
UCL

My subjects: English Literature, Geography, Economics and RS (the C was in RS)
I achieved 6 As, 3 Bs and 1 C at GCSE.
I will be applying for Law.
Why the decision to apply to London Met 🤔
Yes achievable. But you should not limit yourself to only London unis.

If you're going to do that anyway, then don't be wasting your time with City and London Met. They're in Clearing anyway, so they're wasted choices. SOAS, RHUL?
Reply 3
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Yes achievable. But you should not limit yourself to only London unis.

If you're going to do that anyway, then don't be wasting your time with City and London Met. They're in Clearing anyway, so they're wasted choices. SOAS, RHUL?

My family isn't in a good place financially so I want to stay home and help with the bills, otherwise I would've loved to apply to Nottingham and Bath. I want to apply to City and Met as safe choices, just in case I don't get in to the others.
those are amazing results. have a go at LSE or even Oxbridge . get rid of City and London Met, they are just a waste.
Original post by Fdana
My family isn't in a good place financially so I want to stay home and help with the bills, otherwise I would've loved to apply to Nottingham and Bath. I want to apply to City and Met as safe choices, just in case I don't get in to the others.

If you don't get into the others, you can apply to safe choices in UCAS Extra and if that doesn't work out you can get into them through Clearing.

Pinky promise you're not going to put City and London Met down as one of your 5 choices.
Reply 6
If you don't get into the others, you can apply to safe choices in UCAS Extra and if that doesn't work out you can get into them through Clearing.

Pinky promise you're not going to put City and London Met down as one of your 5 choices.

Ok I'll drop Metro 😂 Thanks. by the way, I assumed that clearing for Law is really limited as it's such a popular course.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by FourTheColour
Why the decision to apply to London Met 🤔

It's a safe choice, contingency for the worst case scenario.
Original post by Fdana
Ok I'll drop Metro 😂 Thanks. by the way, I assumed that clearing for Law is really limited as it's such a popular course.

Good, thank you!

Nah, it's quite popular but there are pretty big courses in Clearing. Even QMUL is often in it and City certainly will be.
Reply 9
Good, thank you!

Nah, it's quite popular but there are pretty big courses in Clearing. Even QMUL is often in it and City certainly will be.

Wow I didn't expect that. Thanks for your help!
My friend got into Oxford for English with AAAC this year. The C was in Maths which she dropped, will you drop RS as you got the C in that?

But yeah those uni choices are definitely realistic, as others have said I wouldn't recommend Londom Met or City as you could get those in clearing anyway. SOAS and maybe LSE are better shouts.
Reply 11
Original post by Mediokrity
My friend got into Oxford for English with AAAC this year. The C was in Maths which she dropped, will you drop RS as you got the C in that?

But yeah those uni choices are definitely realistic, as others have said I wouldn't recommend Londom Met or City as you could get those in clearing anyway. SOAS and maybe LSE are better shouts.

Yeah defo dropping RS. I thought about applying for Oxford but my GCSE grades are quite average.
I had AAAD at AS and got interviewed at Oxford, UCL, Imperial, Durham and Manchester. I got offers from all apart from Oxford (however, the feedback from Oxford was that I was very close to getting in - I got pooled to another college for interview as well). I even got a scholarship from Imperial but chose UCL for the social life. So, yeah, 100%, you should apply for better universities tbh, you're limiting yourself with those
Reply 13
Original post by Roarmaster
I had AAAD at AS and got interviewed at Oxford, UCL, Imperial, Durham and Manchester. I got offers from all apart from Oxford (however, the feedback from Oxford was that I was very close to getting in - I got pooled to another college for interview as well). I even got a scholarship from Imperial but chose UCL for the social life. So, yeah, 100%, you should apply for better universities tbh, you're limiting yourself with those

Wow, thanks! What subjects did you take btw? What did you get at A2? Do they test your knowledge about the law in the Oxford interview?
Original post by Fdana
Wow, thanks! What subjects did you take btw? What did you get at A2? Do they test your knowledge about the law in the Oxford interview?

I applied for Chemistry and I took Chemistry, Maths, Biology and English Literature at AS. I guess Law will be more competitive however, they do consider you based on contextual data. So, if you went to a bad school, from a low income area, or worked in your youth then you have a bit of an advantage

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending