The Student Room Group

Starting Year 11 in September. Revision Tips?

Revision tips for a high ability student who catches on easy but has never actually been properly prepared and is feeling the pressure really early. 🙁
Original post by IbbyLds
Revision tips for a high ability student who catches on easy but has never actually been properly prepared and is feeling the pressure really early. 🙁

Hey don't be worried there's plenty of time but if you want to start preparing for your gcse's first find out what type of learner you are? I mean if you're visual, posters and lots of colours might be the way to go! I found that revision cards and posters really helped me through gcse's and practice questions, get a good understanding of the questions you'll be asked, key points and timed practice is also great!
But honestly don't worry about the pressure, just keep your head screwed on through out the year and don't leave revision till to late x
Reply 2
Original post by Foreverdeciding
Hey don't be worried there's plenty of time but if you want to start preparing for your gcse's first find out what type of learner you are? I mean if you're visual, posters and lots of colours might be the way to go! I found that revision cards and posters really helped me through gcse's and practice questions, get a good understanding of the questions you'll be asked, key points and timed practice is also great!
But honestly don't worry about the pressure, just keep your head screwed on through out the year and don't leave revision till to late x

Thanks for the advice! I think I best retain information in note form so for revision I think I'll start off with flash cards. What sort of depth do you think they should be in, or rather, how did you do them? 😁
Original post by IbbyLds
Thanks for the advice! I think I best retain information in note form so for revision I think I'll start off with flash cards. What sort of depth do you think they should be in, or rather, how did you do them? 😁

Well I would say don't write extensive notes, but you can start off with great detail and then condense them into bullet points and key things for the exam. Realistically if you try to remember masses of info then you won't be able to retain it just condense it down and make it memorable that's what I did :smile:
Reply 4
Well I would say don't write extensive notes, but you can start off with great detail and then condense them into bullet points and key things for the exam. Realistically if you try to remember masses of info then you won't be able to retain it just condense it down and make it memorable that's what I did :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by IbbyLds
Thank you!

No worries, I also have some notes still left over if you do need them you know where to find me!
No worries, I also have some notes still left over if you do need them you know where to find me!

ahem... what of the notes?
Original post by korosensei
ahem... what of the notes?

Some notes left over from when I took my GCSE, kept for my brother and nephew who are taking their exams next year :smile:
Some notes left over from when I took my GCSE, kept for my brother and nephew who are taking their exams next year :smile:

i am interested, also taking the exams next year lul
i am interested, also taking the exams next year lul

What subjects are you taking if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of starting a thread soon with some revision material on there.
What subjects are you taking if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of starting a thread soon with some revision material on there.

Maths
English Lang and Lit
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
R.E
French
Geography
Economics
Computer Science

A lot of subjects, if you by 4% chance have further maths notes that would be appreciated as im considering taking it
Maths
English Lang and Lit
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
R.E
French
Geography
Economics
Computer Science

A lot of subjects, if you by 4% chance have further maths notes that would be appreciated as im considering taking it

Oo sorry I don't have any further math notes I'm afraid! But bio, Chem and physics I have notes and my RE notes are ace I got an A* at GCSE and AA in English Lang and Lit, so I can sort those notes, my brother has notes on computer science so I'll swipe his for you. Hopefully start a thread before September!
Oo sorry I don't have any further math notes I'm afraid! But bio, Chem and physics I have notes and my RE notes are ace I got an A* at GCSE and AA in English Lang and Lit, so I can sort those notes, my brother has notes on computer science so I'll swipe his for you. Hopefully start a thread before September!

Thanks, really appreciate it!
Thanks, really appreciate it!

No problem I'll notify you on this thread when I've collated the notes!
No problem I'll notify you on this thread when I've collated the notes!

Can I please borrow your notes too ^-^

Hey can you possibly send me ur re notes and bio Chem and physics plez 😇
yes please will put the thread on this thread:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending