The Student Room Group

Help please is isaac physics helpful for edexcel a2??

if yes,how do I use it :frown:(( Theres no like guide or anything I just open random tabs and im like "is this part of the syllabus"
Most of it is part of the syllabus, but even if bits aren't, why ignore them? If you're doing linear physics, prepare for some tough and 'off-script' Qs.
Reply 2
Honestly no. Not a bit. I just recommend you to do the tougher past papers of other exam boards such as aqa Physics a, physics b and also edexcel b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swellow5
Honestly no. Not a bit. I just recommend you to do the tougher past papers of other exam boards such as aqa Physics a, physics b and also edexcel b

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen v few Isaac Qs where I'd think 'they're not really meant to ask something like this in the linear exams'. If the old specs are still going, tailoring your revision to it is more productive. Note other boards had/have differing content and Q style too.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
I have done a level linear physics. Got an A* so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have done a level linear physics. Got an A* so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

On 1 exam board in 1 year. Across multiple synoptics, prepare for scope and variation in Q type (& difficulty).

I've seen v few Isaac Qs based on non GCSE/A-Level material, you don't have to do them ofc. Well done btw.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do IAL..so I should still do other exam board questions? (will it be helpful cause I want an A*) Congrats btw!
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
are their marking schemes looking for same key words? Cause I don't wanna get used to answering style of OTHER exam boards :frown: Although I need the most practice I can possibly get..thanks
Original post by sarah99630
are their marking schemes looking for same key words? Cause I don't wanna get used to answering style of OTHER exam boards :frown: Although I need the most practice I can possibly get..thanks

That's something to consider, but I still think taking heed of markschemes/phrasing for wordy Qs on one board would help with another generally.

You can do past papers on your board and synoptic Qs/papers from other sources. This should cover the bases for any kind of synoptic exam you'd get.
Reply 9
Original post by Physics Enemy
That's something to consider, but I still think taking heed of markschemes/phrasing for wordy Qs on one board would help with another generally.

You can do past papers on your board and synoptic Qs/papers from other sources. This should cover the bases for any kind of synoptic exam you'd get.

I will do that, Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest