The Student Room Group

BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by el model scout
actually my name is el irving a talent scout

i have worked with london fashion models and they are a reputable company

any issues call them :

0203 026 5370

call them and you will for sure be dealing with very rude customer service!!!! You should educate your workers first to be patient before dealing with angry clients! Who wouldn't be very mad if you are scammed and robbed thousands of pounds!!! Your aftercare service should know how to handle it, they did shout on me and never apologised!

I don't know how these people can still go on their lives knowing they are feeding their families with robbed money, hard earned money from other people!
Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have been conned into this and was set into a payment plan of £750- £250 of that which was already paid. The rest I set up via a payment plan. After doing my research and contacting trading standards I have infact realised that this is a scam. The first payment was due on the 19th but no one had contacted me to take payment (not that I wanted to pay) they have just contacted me today saying I'd have to pay by the end of the week as it was a late payment and a was signed into a contract (which I never received) so if I didn't pay I'd be breaching terms of their contract. What do I do? Do I pay them or not?
Reply 82
Original post by jessie456
Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have been conned into this and was set into a payment plan of £750- £250 of that which was already paid. The rest I set up via a payment plan. After doing my research and contacting trading standards I have infact realised that this is a scam. The first payment was due on the 19th but no one had contacted me to take payment (not that I wanted to pay) they have just contacted me today saying I'd have to pay by the end of the week as it was a late payment and a was signed into a contract (which I never received) so if I didn't pay I'd be breaching terms of their contract. What do I do? Do I pay them or not?

Jessie, Contact your bank explain what has happened. Contact Action fraud and Watchdog. Westminster Trading standards need lots of complaints in order to investigate. Watchdog may have more joy. The more complaints the better. Have you got a copy of any contract ? Have they provided the service you have paid for ? If not tell them to swivel.
Reply 83
E
Original post by OdeclasRR
call them and you will for sure be dealing with very rude customer service!!!! You should educate your workers first to be patient before dealing with angry clients! Who wouldn't be very mad if you are scammed and robbed thousands of pounds!!! Your aftercare service should know how to handle it, they did shout on me and never apologised!

I don't know how these people can still go on their lives knowing they are feeding their families with robbed money, hard earned money from other people!

Ei Irving is the company director of many companies associated with LFM at the same registered office addresses. His daughter Kelsie Irving is the director of other companies LFM, bespoke models.
Original post by Alias2
Jessie, Contact your bank explain what has happened. Contact Action fraud and Watchdog. Westminster Trading standards need lots of complaints in order to investigate. Watchdog may have more joy. The more complaints the better. Have you got a copy of any contract ? Have they provided the service you have paid for ? If not tell them to swivel.

I don't have a copy of the contact but they told me they'll only be able to provide me with the services once I'd paid the full amount. I'm going to contact my bank tomorrow
I was also scammed by theses people, I paid 400 for some photos on a disc of my 3 year old son. Please let me know if anybody was able to get their money back. Thanks
Reply 86
Original post by Char45678
I was also scammed by theses people, I paid 400 for some photos on a disc of my 3 year old son. Please let me know if anybody was able to get their money back. Thanks

Contact your local trading standards for advice on how to get your money back. Possible criminal offences for misleading actions . Also contact Action fraud.
Reply 87
Original post by Seanbarad
Hi, my friend was recently scammed £4000 and I am really upset. I felt coerced emotionally into signing the contract. I am in the process of getting a large community together to fight this. Please get in touch with me.

Contact CAB and Trading Standads.to get advice on how to get your money back. Also contact Actionfraud.
Good afternoon all,My daughter recently submitted a photo online and today I received a call from Icon Fashion Models that use
Good afternoon all, My daughter recently submitted a photo online and today I received a call from Icon Fashion Models that use "The Studio" based in Oxford Street, Marylebone and Piccadilly.

I was told she was shortlisted and she could attend a photoshoot but would need to pay a refundable deposit of £50, this seemed reasonable. I was then told that a portfolio would be made and he first photo would cost £50 but the guy could not put a price on the rest of the portfolio, he was quite pushy and after a lengthy conversation I realised he was just after my money, I told him I would call him back after I had spoken to my wife and checked the reviews out online of the company, he then said the space would probably not be available later lol. I felt like ripping him a new arshole as he was not conducting himself in a professional manner...

This is probably the same company in a new name... Beware people, scammers...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by Rhythm Doctor
Good afternoon all, My daughter recently submitted a photo online and today I received a call from Icon Fashion Models that use "The Studio" based in Oxford Street, Marylebone and Piccadilly.

I was told she was shortlisted and she could attend a photoshoot but would need to pay a refundable deposit of £50, this seemed reasonable. I was then told that a portfolio would be made and he first photo would cost £50 but the guy could not put a price on the rest of the portfolio, he was quite pushy and after a lengthy conversation I realised he was just after my money, I told him I would call him back after I had spoken to my wife and checked the reviews out online of the company, he then said the space would probably not be available later lol. I felt like ripping him a new arshole as he was not conducting himself in a professional manner...

This is probably the same company in a new name... Beware people, scammers...

The Studio is a new name on their paperwork. Don't know the name Icon fashion models but probably the same crew,.
Original post by Alias2
The Studio is a new name on their paperwork. Don't know the name Icon fashion models but probably the same crew,.

I just posted another reply with information about this scam in the daily mirror, the moderators have removed it
Reply 92
Original post by Rhythm Doctor
I just posted another reply with information about this scam in the daily mirror, the moderators have removed it

Guess what ? Icon fashion models.Comany director is Matthew Oliver Wood. Of London fashion models
Reply 93
What can we do to stop the vile creatures doing this to innocent people my blood is boiling as this has just happened to me a few days ago xx
Original post by Mra3
What can we do to stop the vile creatures doing this to innocent people my blood is boiling as this has just happened to me a few days ago xx

Contact your bank and explain what's happened. They may be able to refund your money, I'm in the process of getting mine investigated. Also contact action fraud and citizens advice bureau
Reply 95
I've called my bank and my card has been cancelled now they have sent it to fraud people iv got appointment with citizens advice tomorrow my money was pending when I called the bank but they said they couldn't stop it from coming out my account so now am 3000 down am so angry and I don't know how these animals can get someone hopes up and then take it away from them sickening me xx
Reply 96
Original post by Alias2
Contact CAB and Trading Standads.to get advice on how to get your money back. Also contact Actionfraud.

I'll fight this with you xx
I nearly got scammed into this too the amount of pressure he was putting me was making me nearly have an axiety attack paying thousands for a photos and yes i was extremely uncomfortable with the lay out i left and made sure i got my £50 back that week!!
Reply 98
What was the guys name the guy that saw me and my 16 year old daughter was called will I received a email today but it's a different company the money had went to from which is on the letter i sighed xx
Reply 99
Thank you for posting your email experience. This has stopped me falling into the trap. I am sorry for those of you that went through this.

Quick Reply

Latest