The Student Room Group

How long until you get your full licence after passing your test?

So after seven tests, three years and two hospital admissions ya girl scraped her pass with 13 minors (it sounds bad but I have a serious personality disorder and chronic anxiety meaning that I can't cope with test conditions; I'm actually a very safe driver outside of driving tests).

My question is this- when will I get my sexy pink licence? I've been using my provisional for ID and my passport is out of date.

When did everyone get theirs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Genie412
So after seven tests, three years and two hospital admissions ya girl scraped her pass with 13 minors (it sounds bad but I have a serious personality disorder and chronic anxiety meaning that I can't cope with test conditions; I'm actually a very safe driver outside of driving tests).

My question is this- when will I get my sexy pink licence? I've been using my provisional for ID and my passport is out of date.

Within three weeks you know you could just google it right

Still waiting for mine (only passed last Weds) but I was told about three weeks (examiner told me that DVLA are busy this time of year apparently).
Reply 3
And didn't they take your provisional license? but you don't need to wait for the full driving license you can start driving now
Original post by Nere
And didn't they take your provisional license? but you don't need to wait for the full driving license you can start driving now

OP needs it for ID as her passport is out of date.
Reply 5
Original post by Nere

I need my licence for ID but they took my provisional so I don't have any ID. I'm also a pretty baby faced 20 year old.
Reply 6
I need my licence for ID but they took my provisional so I don't have any ID. I'm also a pretty baby faced 20 year old.

well I mean **** man you're screwed for upto three weeks
Says within 3 weeks, but mine came a week and a bit later! I did take my test in January though, so they may just be busier now
Also congratulations on passing! I remember I failed mine first time round and literally panicked because I thought I'd never pass. Happy for you!
Reply 9
"
Original post by Nere
well I mean **** man you're screwed for upto three weeks

What I was asking was is the "up to three weeks" closer to three weeks or one week I wanted to see what other people's experiences of the waiting were.

I'm aware that my social life will be dead for at least a week regardless- but that's the price of success! :biggrin:
Original post by Nere
Within three weeks you know you could just google it right

Maybe the OP just needed to talk about it because it has been a difficult road for her.
Reply 11
"

What I was asking was is the "up to three weeks" closer to three weeks or one week I wanted to see what other people's experiences of the waiting were.

I'm aware that my social life will be dead for at least a week regardless- but that's the price of success! :biggrin:

well took 2 weeks here

Don't you have to send off your provisional? I gave mine to the examiner after the test as he said do that or post it. Believe it is around 2 weeks until they arrive, I can not exactly recall. I drove with the test certificate in my car until it arrived though.
Well done!
Reply 13
Original post by YaliaV
Maybe the OP just needed to talk about it because it has been a difficult road for her.

You caught me. It was a massive achievement and I wanted to post about it!

But I am really short on ID right now and I need to know for how long. The instructor said "up to three weeks" but that honestly can mean a lot of different things. I just wanted to know what other people experienced because sometimes "up to three weeks" means a week and they're just covering their asses whilst other times it really does mean three weeks.

I'm off to uni in less than three weeks.
Reply 14
You caught me. It was a massive achievement and I wanted to post about it!

But I am really short on ID right now and I need to know for how long. The instructor said "up to three weeks" but that honestly can mean a lot of different things. I just wanted to know what other people experienced because sometimes "up to three weeks" means a week and they're just covering their asses whilst other times it really does mean three weeks.

I'm off to uni in less than three weeks.

Depends on the time of year, amongst other factors. No one can tell you how long it'll take.
Reply 15
You know its better to ask actual people as times vary right?
Anyone who passed in August, was it actually 3 weeks till it came or was it quicker or longer? Soz passed approx 9 days ago so eager to get it lol🙄😂
I passed mine 3 weeks ago but my licence is till not here yet
Original post by victorwan91
I passed mine 3 weeks ago but my licence is till not here yet

Oh wow, thank you anyways :smile:
Original post by JALMG129
Anyone who passed in August, was it actually 3 weeks till it came or was it quicker or longer? Soz passed approx 9 days ago so eager to get it lol🙄😂

I passed mine 30th of August and waiting for mine still too. Meant to arrive on or before 21st of Sept but I don't really mind as long as it arrives before October when I go back to uni as I want ID lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending