The Student Room Group

What do you think of the toddler on ITV News?

She wandered around the studio and climbed onto the desk. I saw on Facebook that many people were calling her an ill-behaved brat, and saying that her mother was irresponsible. Do you agree?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2017/aug/23/toddler-climbs-alastair-stewart-desk-itv-news-video
Reply 1
Original post by 2-99
She wandered around the studio and climbed onto the desk. I saw on Facebook that many people were calling her an ill-behaved brat, and saying that her mother was irresponsible. Do you agree?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2017/aug/23/toddler-climbs-alastair-stewart-desk-itv-news-video

I don't think it's a big deal, a lot of FB commenters think they're perfect and take things way too seriously.
Reply 2
Toddlers aren't psychologically developed yet, so you can't expect them to conform to social expectations and behavioural standards - they're still learning.

The mum was being interviewed, so she wasn't exactly in a normal situation either.
It's not that deep. I think it would have been nicer for the parents to have controlled the child more - you can hardly blame a toddler for toddling. Anyway, it's ITN - what do you expect :tongue:
Lol she's a toddler, she won't be perfectly behaved. And what was her mother supposed to do? Pick her up and risk her throwing a tantrum on TV?
Reply 5
Original post by miser
Toddlers aren't psychologically developed yet, so you can't expect them to conform to social expectations and behavioural standards - they're still learning.

The mum was being interviewed, so she wasn't exactly in a normal situation either.

I agree - toddlers will naturally explore, without a real understanding of 'good' behaviour like an older child would have. I'm glad all you guys are actually tolerant.
Reply 6
Original post by Mahree_Ah
Lol she's a toddler, she won't be perfectly behaved. And what was her mother supposed to do? Pick her up and risk her throwing a tantrum on TV?

You obviously have a realistic understanding of the workings of young children. :yy:
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
I don't think it's a big deal, a lot of FB commenters think they're perfect and take things way too seriously.

Yeah, they're so critical, too. It really bums me out.
Whilst it's true that she is a toddler and she doesn't understand how to fully conform to social expectations, they should've at least got her somewhere to sit or something. I don't see why she was just let loose like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending