The Student Room Group

Biggest GCSE surprise?

What were the biggest surprises in your results? The grade boundaries? The national results?
Did you not do as well as you had hoped in your fav subject, but better in your least fav one?
Did you ace something you thought you failed?

My biggest surprise was my B in Spanish because I was terrible at it, during the speaking exam I got told to move onto the next tense, but I didn't know it at all!!

Let me know your biggest GCSE surprises!

Scroll to see replies

i thought i got a grade 8 in english lang but got a 6 but then thought id get a 6 in maths but got an 8 and i thought i fully flopped english lit but turns out i got a 9
Double A* in English Lang and lit. Don’t know how don’t care. Running away with it. Only read the English books once and that was in the lessons😂
Reply 3
What was surprising about my results? They were ****
Original post by ElDonCorleone
Double A* in English Lang and lit. Don’t know how don’t care. Running away with it. Only read the English books once and that was in the lessons😂

i didn't even read the books lololol
Original post by lmaooome
i didn't even read the books lololol

Lmaooo just proves how much you can get away with at GCSE
100% marks in Further Maths (AQA L2 certificate)

Spoiler

Reply 7
Got an A* in physics and was expecting a B LOL :party:
Thought I'd got a 5 in Maths, but I'd got an 8 (7 marks off a 9). Also thought I'd flopped Physics, but it turned out to be my best science, and chemistry, which is usually my best, was my worst.
Got a 9 in maths and was expecting a 7. Real shocker.
Got an 8 in English Literature....like, I'm glad, but....I did not like Eng Lit. I don't even recall thinking the test was easy; or even writing all that much.
Got an 8 in English Language (getting a remark though because I was one off the 9), even though I was just hoping for a pass.

Did better in physics than chemistry, even though I find physics harder.

Also getting an A in stats and a B in further maths, which I just wanted to pass.
Reply 12
Last year I was predicted a C for R.S. and got nothing higher than a B in tests throughout year 11.
Results day came out with an A* almost full marks lol, my teacher never really liked me :tongue:
A 9 in english lit and i didnt even finish the exam (expected a 7..) :biggrin:
a 9 in maths, I was expecting a 7
Original post by lmaooome
i thought i got a grade 8 in english lang but got a 6 but then thought id get a 6 in maths but got an 8 and i thought i fully flopped english lit but turns out i got a 9

Original post by ElDonCorleone

Original post by etothepiiplusone
100% marks in Further Maths (AQA L2 certificate)

Original post by Quizlet
Got an A* in physics and was expecting a B LOL :party:

Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
Thought I'd got a 5 in Maths, but I'd got an 8 (7 marks off a 9). Also thought I'd flopped Physics, but it turned out to be my best science, and chemistry, which is usually my best, was my worst.

Original post by .Kekistan
Got a 9 in maths and was expecting a 7. Real shocker.

Original post by StellarStudent
Got an 8 in English Literature....like, I'm glad, but....I did not like Eng Lit. I don't even recall thinking the test was easy; or even writing all that much.

Original post by Jessbot2k
Got an 8 in English Language (getting a remark though because I was one off the 9), even though I was just hoping for a pass.

Did better in physics than chemistry, even though I find physics harder.

Also getting an A in stats and a B in further maths, which I just wanted to pass.

Original post by dlaws.
Last year I was predicted a C for R.S. and got nothing higher than a B in tests throughout year 11.
Results day came out with an A* almost full marks lol, my teacher never really liked me :tongue:

Original post by faloodeh

Original post by chanel_666

Well done everyone who did better than expected! Brilliant results!! #BeResultsProud and I hope you're all celebrating! 👏🎉👏🎉
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by chanel_666

boi no you wasn't i already knew you were getting a 9
I expected a C in english. Got an A.
Original post by faloodeh

omg same i missed out that 8 marker the comparison one of the poems
An A* in IGCSE Spanish (which included the killer listening)!

Quick Reply

Latest