The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths - 20th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by user123445
I got my grade back but the school says they haven't got the actual marks back yet. Have you guys got the raw mark yet?

Not really. My exam report just gave me the grade. I'll ask for my raw marks when I go there on Thursday.
Original post by user123445
I got my grade back but the school says they haven't got the actual marks back yet. Have you guys got the raw mark yet?

Your school should have received them last Wednesday. Did you ask a teacher or the exams office? If you asked a teacher they may not have got that far down the chain yet, and I would suggest asking the exams office as they should have it.
Original post by mysticmagic2000
I emailed the head of maths and he hasn't replied... irritating times!! I really hope I've got an A otherwise I'll be so dissappointed. Ngl the boundary was high for an A this year, but a lot seemed to do it so fingers crossed for us both - keep me updated please :smile:

Oops, sorry must have missed this message! Yeah I really want an A! Hoping for all of us still waiting for tomorrow to get As!
Whoop! I got an A :biggrin:
I'm waiting for my exact mark (will probably get it tomorrow, but if not I think it will be once schools are back on the 4/5th of September)
Got my A!
Original post by JammieDodger27
Got my A!

Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Hey everyone and welcome to the OCR FSMQ Additional Maths Official Exam Thread :smile:
There seems to be quite a few of us on the Year 11 Thread so I thought we deserved a thread especially to discuss the exam. :biggrin:
:party: :party::party:
When entering the thread...
Introduce yourself
Say how you are studying the course (after school, private candidate, in school)
How long you have been studying the course
What your predicted grade is
What your mock grade (if applicable) is
What your favourite part of the syllabus is so far

Good luck for the exam! :goodluck:

Hello I'm almond :smile:
I've been studying this course since November in year 10. Our school doesn't really do predicted grades and as I'm moving into year 11 this September I haven't done mocks yet so I can't really answer this
My favourite part of the syllabus has probably been calculus or polynomials or binomial expansion
Good luck everyone!
Original post by Almonti372
I've been studying this course since November in year 10. Our school doesn't really do predicted grades and as I'm moving into year 11 this September I haven't done mocks yet so I can't really answer this
My favourite part of the syllabus has probably been calculus or polynomials or binomial expansion
Good luck everyone!

Hey, wow you started the course really early compared to me! (We started December in year 11)
We were never given official predicted grades as it was an extra subject and we never did a mock (I did many past papers myself however).
Calculus was probably my favourite too (although dividing polynomials was pretty cool). Binomial expansion for some reason was really satisfying.
This is actually the outgoing year 11 thread so I would suggest creating a new one for your year (taking a guess the exam is probably on the 19th June but you can look it up on the OCR website).
If you want to tag me in it when you start it then I'll happily come on and answer any questions as I'm sure will many others :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Whoop! I got an A :biggrin:
I'm waiting for my exact mark (will probably get it tomorrow, but if not I think it will be once schools are back on the 4/5th of September)

Should I bother emailing my head of maths, for my raw mark?
Original post by sivthasan

Depends...I really want to know how close I was to the boundary so I've asked. If you're not bothered then there's no need to do so...I'm just curious lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm personally not gonna bother because I don't really care what my raw mark was. It's up to you.
Original post by Lemur14
Hey, wow you started the course really early compared to me! (We started December in year 11)
We were never given official predicted grades as it was an extra subject and we never did a mock (I did many past papers myself however).
Calculus was probably my favourite too (although dividing polynomials was pretty cool). Binomial expansion for some reason was really satisfying.
This is actually the outgoing year 11 thread so I would suggest creating a new one for your year (taking a guess the exam is probably on the 19th June but you can look it up on the OCR website).
If you want to tag me in it when you start it then I'll happily come on and answer any questions as I'm sure will many others :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello Lemur (I'm guessing that's not your real name but anyway :wink:
Yeah ok I'll try to make a new thread but I'm relatively new to TSR and also not great with technology so that might be a challenge! If I do manage to make one I'll definitely tag you if I can. How was your exam? :smile: xx
Original post by Lemur14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I also really liked dividing polynomials!
Good luck everyone!

Wow that's early! Good luck with the rest of the course!
Wow that's early! Good luck with the rest of the course!

Thanks 🤗. Is there any specific topic you would say is hardest so I can work on that?x
Hello Lemur (I'm guessing that's not your real name but anyway :wink:
Yeah ok I'll try to make a new thread but I'm relatively new to TSR and also not great with technology so that might be a challenge! If I do manage to make one I'll definitely tag you if I can. How was your exam? :smile: xx

Yeah that's not my real name :tongue: I like to keep my identity secret online!
If you go into the maths exams area (pretty sure this thread is in that area) then near the top on the left there's an orange button which says start new discussion. From this it will take you to a template where you can create the thread :smile: To tag me you do @Lemur14 and then click on my name to give me a notification :smile:
I didn't think my exam was particularly good or bad (though it was on those really hot days back at the end of June so I was more concerned by the temperature than the exam tbh) but it was obviously OK as I got my A lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
If you go into the maths exams area (pretty sure this thread is in that area) then near the top on the left there's an orange button which says start new discussion. From this it will take you to a template where you can create the thread :smile: To tag me you do @Lemur14 and then click on my name to give me a notification :smile:
I didn't think my exam was particularly good or bad (though it was on those really hot days back at the end of June so I was more concerned by the temperature than the exam tbh) but it was obviously OK as I got my A lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on the A! Yeah I did mamage to make a thread, I'll see if I can tag you on it :smile:
Original post by Lemur14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok managed to tag you on it! :smile:
Well done on the A! Yeah I did mamage to make a thread, I'll see if I can tag you on it :smile:

Thanks 🤗. Is there any specific topic you would say is hardest so I can work on that?x

Wasn't anything in specific that stood out to be difficult. I would recommend putting extra practice into linear programming questions. A lot of my classmates found it difficult, but loads of past paper questions did the job for them.
Original post by Lemur14
Depends...I really want to know how close I was to the boundary so I've asked. If you're not bothered then there's no need to do so...I'm just curious lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

My Maths teacher just sent me my raw mark, as I was the only one who asked apparently. I got the highest in my class, 98, which I'm a bit surprised to see. There's this one Chinese kid who always gets 99/100, so I'm happy that I beat him :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending