The Student Room Group
Moved to Cars and motoring. :smile:
like 3 or 4 days I think, but I submitted mine online.
Original post by gingerbread22
Hi, it is my birthday on saturday and i have my first driving lesson scheduled for sunday afternoon. I applied for my driving licence 2 and a half weeks ago and sent my paper copy off last tuesday. Im praying it will come in time for my driving lesson.

How long did it take for you to get your provisional driving licence???

By any chance, did you get the Application Completion form thingy, and if so what actually is it?( I'm asking as I have a current Provisional application and got sent the completion form)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gingerbread22
Hi, it is my birthday on saturday and i have my first driving lesson scheduled for sunday afternoon. I applied for my driving licence 2 and a half weeks ago and sent my paper copy off last tuesday. Im praying it will come in time for my driving lesson.

How long did it take for you to get your provisional driving licence???

It's the busiest time of the year for the DVLA at the moment - wait four weeks from sending off the form before seeking an update with customer services.

Original post by DreamlinerFinder
By any chance, did you get the Application Completion form thingy, and if so what actually is it?( I'm asking as I have a current Provisional application and got sent the completion form)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't send the details of a UK passport (or if they're unable to verify it with HMPO) they need to collect proof of identity, and a photograph from you.
Original post by IWMTom
It's the busiest time of the year for the DVLA at the moment - wait four weeks from sending off the form before seeking an update with customer services.

If you don't send the details of a UK passport (or if they're unable to verify it with HMPO) they need to collect proof of identity, and a photograph from you.

That makes more sense, even though I did give them my passport details ( I think the two year old photo triggered it). Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
That makes more sense, even though I did give them my passport details ( I think the two year old photo triggered it). Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Potentially, but it could have been any number of things - don't worry about it; it's a relatively simple procedure.
What's the average wait time after the online tracker confirms that your license has been "issued"?
I sent of for provisinal last Wednesday in post with birth certificate how long do you reckon before I receive my provisional card
Original post by Elizabeth1507
I sent of for provisinal last Wednesday in post with birth certificate how long do you reckon before I receive my provisional card

You didn't need to gravedig to ask that.

Latest