The Student Room Group

York or nottingham for Physics

I am unsure about what to firm for Physics at University. I have narrowed it down to York and Nottingham. I love both university and their courses so I was wondering if there was anyone that went to either of the university and could give me an idea as to what it is like to study at either of the university's. Thanks!
Reply 1
Bump.
Original post by Heirio
Bump.

hes probably already applied and got his results lol but york over nottingham
Reply 3
Original post by beastmode1
hes probably already applied and got his results lol but york over nottingham

very good point
why york over nottingham? could you elaborate please?
Original post by Heirio
very good point
why york over nottingham? could you elaborate please?

Im biased haha as i start in sep at york. Both will have really good departments for physics. Have a look at the courses and see if they have a modules in physics u are interested in. I applied to both but picked york as i preffered the city by a long way
I went to Nottingham to study Physics and absolutely loved my time there. The courses are great and are flexible - everyone does the same first year so if you want to change course (e.g. move from physics with astronomy to physics with nanoscience) you can. The staff are very friendly and approachable. Most of them operate an open door policy or are very responsive to emails. Lectures are good for the most part and there's heavy use of the online learning system to share resources etc.

In terms of the city, Nottingham is a good place to live. Accommodation is cheap, the buses are fantastic and Nottingham campus is one of the nicest in the country.

Clearly I am very biased and I can't speak about York, but I highly recommend Notts. If you want to know any more then feel free to message me / quote me here.
Reply 6
Hi, I'm deciding on universities right now and I was wondering if you know the contact hours for Nottingham and whether it is practical based or more theoretical based degree. Also,do you do supervisions?Much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending