The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bump
Reply 2
You done really, really well. They should be perfect.
I'm not being funny but this is just ridiculous. How the hell could top level grades NOT be good enough for medicine? If you have the intelligence to get these grades then you have the intelligence to know that they are good enough.
Original post by erxci
You done really, really well. They should be perfect.

Thank you so much x
Original post by T134O2L5E6
I'm not being funny but this is just ridiculous. How the hell could top level grades NOT be good enough for medicine? If you have the intelligence to get these grades then you have the intelligence to know that they are good enough.

Obviously these are good results and I'm not denying that but a lot of medicine students have better gcses with more A*s so I was wondering if I would be at a disadvantage.
Yep they are absolutely fine
Obviously really fantastic grades! I'm also planning to pursue a career in medicine. Securing fantastic GCSE grades are just the first step, now you have to do the same thing for A-Levels, UKCAT/BMAT and lots of work experience. :smile: Which A-Level subjects did you choose?
Original post by arielynjoan
Obviously these are good results and I'm not denying that but a lot of medicine students have better gcses with more A*s so I was wondering if I would be at a disadvantage.

But they are just pretentious a**holes
Original post by Deliciate
Obviously really fantastic grades! I'm also planning to pursue a career in medicine. Securing fantastic GCSE grades are just the first step, now you have to do the same thing for A-Levels, UKCAT/BMAT and lots of work experience. :smile: Which A-Level subjects did you choose?

Are you studying medicine too? x and I am doing Chemistry, Biology, French and English Language. I've heard horror stories about chem tho, lol.
bump
Are you studying medicine too? x and I am doing Chemistry, Biology, French and English Language. I've heard horror stories about chem tho, lol.

Chem is easy, you'll be fine :smile:
Bump
Bump

I fail to see why you're bumping - you've got lots of good replies already.
I got
English Language; 7
English Literature; 8
Maths; 5
RE; A
Food Tech; A
Science A; B
Additional Science; B
History; B
Art; C
Further Additional; D (This really let me down);
I should've worked harder ..:/ I'm so scared.. I really want to get into medicine
I got almost the same results as you, with the A* being in Maths rather than chemistry and an A* in stats (6A* 6A), and am planning to do Medicine.

You have done amazingly well, and definitely enough for medicine. Just don't apply to Oxford as they like high proportions of A*'s.
Original post by Dizgurl
I got almost the same results as you, with the A* being in Maths rather than chemistry and an A* in stats (6A* 6A), and am planning to do Medicine.

You have done amazingly well, and definitely enough for medicine. Just don't apply to Oxford as they like high proportions of A*'s.

I'm one mark off an A* for maths so I'll probs get ir remarked, and well done to you too! Nice to see we're in the same boat x
I'm one mark off an A* for maths so I'll probs get ir remarked, and well done to you too! Nice to see we're in the same boat x

You know what, I'm 1 off an A* for chemistry and am getting that remarked too.
Good luck for A levels x
So TikTok was right about the toxic ‘am I good enough for medicine?’ threads…..

Latest