The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
oh brilliant i start on the 4th. Yeah I've written it already. changed it a few times but I'm happy with it now. Expecting the tutor to ask me to change loads on it but oh well. I brainstormed first and i used the UCAS website to get tips. I found once i got the opening line done it was easy. Good luck with it :smile:
Original post by AnnaGlypta
Yes I have my first day on the 6th, really excited. Have you started your personal statement? I've been brainstorming a few points I want to include :smile:
Original post by LNA14
oh brilliant i start on the 4th. Yeah I've written it already. changed it a few times but I'm happy with it now. Expecting the tutor to ask me to change loads on it but oh well. I brainstormed first and i used the UCAS website to get tips. I found once i got the opening line done it was easy. Good luck with it :smile:

Good luck, would be nice to compare modules ect xx
I'm Emma and I'm studying science (mostly biology bit also physics and psychology). I am applying to study physiotherapy. I'm on a work placement just now and really enjoying it, just hope i actually get in to my choosen university!
Reply 103
Name: Fatima
Access pathway: Science (bio, chem&physics)
And want to study Pharmacy.
I hope to god I make it through the access course. I've spent far too much on stationary to not complete it! :'D
Am I late to this thread? :frown:

I'm still 18 and received my A Level results a couple of weeks ago and did tragically, which was unsurprising due to some events that affected my studies. Luckily, I've semi-sorted my life out and am going to be attending my local college to do an Access course!

Name: Amelia
Access Pathway: Nursing and Health
Hoping to study: Midwifery
Original post by ameliacaitlin

I'm still 18 and received my A Level results a couple of weeks ago and did tragically, which was unsurprising due to some events that affected my studies. Luckily, I've semi-sorted my life out and am going to be attending my local college to do an Access course!

Well done for getting straight back on it and sorting out your access course!
Original post by ameliacaitlin

Well done for getting straight back into it. It's taken me 10 years to find the courage to start again. Hopefully you'll have an enjoyable time on the course.
Name: Evan
Hoping to study: LD Nursing and Social Work
Hi.

Name: Jiggz
Access: Science (Bio, Chem, Physics)
Study: BSc Optometry

Starting in September and feeling extremely nervous. I wish it would hurry up and start, so I can stop overthinking and get on with it. Good luck to everyone else who are starting in Sept.
Original post by misfitevan
Name: Evan
Hoping to study: LD Nursing and Social Work

I'm really curious. Will you be doing LD nursing and Social Work together? If so, how does that work?
I'm really curious. Will you be doing LD nursing and Social Work together? If so, how does that work?

Hi, Sheffield Hallam University offer a dual degree in Applied Learning Disability Nursing and Generic Social Work. I believe its an attempt to bridge both pathways and provide better support for individuals living with learning disabilities.
Hi, Sheffield Hallam University offer a dual degree in Applied Learning Disability Nursing and Generic Social Work. I believe its an attempt to bridge both pathways and provide better support for individuals living with learning disabilities.

So what will you get upon qualifying, your pin or HCPC registration? It seems very interesting.
So what will you get upon qualifying, your pin or HCPC registration? It seems very interesting.

You would be able to apply to both registers. I guess it would depend on the route you decided to take once you had left university :smile: I'm hoping to attend the open day in November so I can find out what my options would be on leaving :smile:
I've just completed an Access course in Health and Social Care, so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask :smile: Doesn't have to be about Health and Social. Can be about anything to do with Access courses :smile:
You would be able to apply to both registers. I guess it would depend on the route you decided to take once you had left university :smile: I'm hoping to attend the open day in November so I can find out what my options would be on leaving :smile:

Sounds like a lot of work!
Sounds like a lot of work!

I do enjoy a challenge. I think most LD nurses take on a social worker role. so this course just recognizes that.
Name: Natalie
Access Pathway: Humanities
Hoping to study: History

Anyone else hoping to do a History BA?
Original post by natalie1789
Name: Natalie
Access Pathway: Humanities
Hoping to study: History

Anyone else hoping to do a History BA?

Hi, yes am hoping to do History and Philosophy at Stirling or Glasgow. How about you? Have you started your access yet? I start mine tomorrow :smile:
Original post by rosemadder
Hi, yes am hoping to do History and Philosophy at Stirling or Glasgow. How about you? Have you started your access yet? I start mine tomorrow :smile:

That's great! I start mine on the 4th. I'm hoping to study at either Royal Holloway or King's London. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending