The Student Room Group

Back to Uni stationary!!? What to get?

Also-how do you make notes from lectures that purely pictures or full of information on every slide? Do you start from day 1 of first term? How do you organise your notes..
Original post by WutJob..
Also-how do you make notes from lectures that purely pictures or full of information on every slide? Do you start from day 1 of first term? How do you organise your notes..

Hi there!
I took notes during lectures by using a laptop. I used to take notes in microsoft powerpoint, in the bit where it says add notes under each slide. I mainly used to note down anything that wasn't mentioned in the slide. I organised notes by making numerous files on a memory stick. If taking a laptop is not an option, a good way of taking notes would be to print off the slide show before the lecture. I only took stationary basics, like pen, pencil, rubber, sharpener, ruler, couple of highlighters and a clear pencil case.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jadder1224
Hi there!
I took notes during lectures by using a laptop. I used to take notes in microsoft powerpoint, in the bit where it says add notes under each slide. I mainly used to note down anything that wasn't mentioned in the slide. I organised notes by making numerous files on a memory stick. If taking a laptop is not an option, a good way of taking notes would be to print off the slide show before the lecture. I only took stationary basics, like pen, pencil, rubber, sharpener, ruler, couple of highlighters and a clear pencil case.
Good luck :smile:

Thanks for your answer.

What if the slides are frequently 50+ pages long..
Thanks for your answer.

What if the slides are frequently 50+ pages long..

Your welcome :smile:
I don't think it would be worth printing off all the slides. best thing to do would be to jot down any extra info. during the lectures and then, when you have some free time, go through the powerpoint again and take notes from the slide show.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jadder1224
Your welcome :smile:
I don't think it would be worth printing off all the slides. best thing to do would be to jot down any extra info. during the lectures and then, when you have some free time, go through the powerpoint again and take notes from the slide show.
Hope this helps :smile:

So you'd recommend making your own notes? I have never successfully done this, I just go over slides over and over again BUT it wastes a lot of paper.
So you'd recommend making your own notes? I have never successfully done this, I just go over slides over and over again BUT it wastes a lot of paper.

To be honest, I don't take my own notes either, I use the slides to study from aswell, but I store all my notes on a memory stick and access them from my laptop.

Quick Reply

Latest