The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

what a unit
Reply 6261
Braun Strowman vs Brock Lesnar for No Mercy, then. That's unquestionably the right decision - and we were teased that Strowman had Lesnar's number once again last night on RAW, after he stood tall and laid Lesnar flat after the opening segment. Where that leaves Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns is unclear, but you'd imagine the pair will now square off in a singles feud. The arrival of John Cena muddies things slightly, though. Cena debuted on RAW last night and teamed with Reigns in a winning effort vs the Miz and Joe in the main event. WWE is clearly geared up for a Cena vs Reigns feud - and, considering all signs point to Reigns vs Lesnar at WM next year - that feud needs to start sooner rather than later, you would expect.

Having the Miz shoehorned into the main event elevates him slightly, because he's one of the best out-and-out heels on the show and didn't deserve to open the curtain in front of a sparse crowd on Sunday. I really, really don't want to see the Miz vs Cena going forward, though, so hopefully this was just a one night only thing while WWE creates a legitimate challenger for the Intercontinental Championship. It doesn't look like it's going to be Jason Jordan, who took on Finn Balor on Monday. Balor is directionless now his feud with Bray Wyatt is done, and I'd like to see him transferred to SmackDown if a superstar shake-up is coming. WWE is seemingly trying to create some sympathy for Jordan by casting him like Chad Gable on SmackDown, having him go up against the best on the roster and running them close.

We saw a couple of redundant matches on Monday night - Mustapha Ali, Gran Metalik, Rich Swann and Cedric Alexander beating Drew Gulak, Tony Nese, Noam Dar and Daivari in an eight-man tag-team cruiserweight match, the epitome of lazy booking, with no storylines involved, and also Nia Jax's squash of Emma, whose treatment at the hands of Creative is nothing short of baffling now. She's such a good wrestler and deserves much, much more. I didn't really care for the Elias squash of R-Truth, either, but his songs are absolutely on point and he's drawing real heat, so I take my hat off to him.

The best match of the night aside from the main event was undoubtedly Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins teaming up to beat the Hardy Boyz, in a really fun, frenetic bout which showcased both babyface teams. Ambrose/Rollins have a severe lack of challengers now the Revival are injured and The Club have been too long booked weak and like a joke. A Hardyz feud makes sense for them, unless a superstar shake-up is coming and we see somebody like the Authors of Pain debut. Sheamus/Cesaro will be off TV for a few weeks while the former films a new movie for WWE Studios.

We also saw Big Cass legitimately injure himself during a bout vs Enzo Amore, but where that leaves both of them going forward, I have no idea of. Sasha Banks addressed her title win vs Alexa Bliss, and was interrupted by the heel, who correctly said Banks has never defended her title and demanded a rematch after her Summerslam loss, which will take place next week on RAW.
I'd definitely be pro-Roman if it was in a feud with Cena.

Maybe a change in plans for Mania - surely a feud between Cena-Reigns would be WM worthy rather than a No Mercy?

The use of a Twitter exchange to start things off is neat but Kurt announcing a special guest which happens to be Cena who then calls out Reigns is conspicuous.
Im rarely on here, but shall share a few thoughts/opinions from Barclays week so far.

I really enjoyed Takeover but have yet to see Womens or NXT Title matches

Pros: Sanity looked great, havent watched much of these but watching Damo at WCPW last year I knew he was gonna be great. Few close calls and i didnt believe they would beat AoP. Happy with the result but hope AoP dont get called up just yet, I personally cant see them doing well on main roster.

Aleister Black is fantastic. I havent seen any of his work either so watched with an open mind and you cant take your eyes off him, never sure what he will do next. PS who thought someone could make looking like youre sitting in a Primary School assembly look so cool?

Cons:

Johnny Gargano I worry will never make it past NXT, he is very popular and was very good to watch but with the crowd NXT brings with it compared to the main roster I dont think he will have a better time on main roster if he does get called up one day (though the Ciampa feud has yet to play out so that will be a while)

Hideo Itami I assume has turned heel due to frustrating injuries? Not really impressed with him, sometimes this match seemed a bit sloppy with the kicks and attacks both men did.

Summerslam

A few matches on the card felt pretty rushed or just there for the sake of it (Rusev/Orton, Nakamura/Mahal) not much heat going into some matches.

Usos/New Day was very good, though Ive seen more than enough of each team especially on opposite sides of the ring together.

Surprised to see Neville win his Championship belt back, the only logical reasons for Tozawa winning on monday would be for surprise element on Raw (isnt that thing better for 205 live though?) and to stop Nevilles reign getting TOO long incase they want a new superstar to over take in the future

Baron losing his Briefcase and losing to Cena where he definitely had a chance to go over is WWE pulling the plug imo. Someone somehow has now got cold feet over Baron Corbyn. His twitter spats are rumoured to upset officials but these things cant always be believed.

Happy to see Natalya finally win a championship as one of the few Superstars/Divas who can do good things for the womens division even through the tough times of 2013/4/5

Rusev seems to be in the same boat as Corbyn, rumours again the Bulgarian Brute is unhappy with booking but I take these rumours very lightly into consideration.

Cass/Show i couldnt really care about. I have a photo of a BIG ASS titantron so theres my entertainment.

Happy to see Sasha win but not happy with her mixed responses lately. Barclays Centre crowd was terrible imo.

Balor wins of course. the Demon return should NOT have been so openly announced, Finn hinted on Raw last week and that was enough for fans to get hyped.

Happy to see Rollins/Ambrose win, very feel good moment after watching Ambrose getting frustratingly pummelled by The Bar. Probably the 2nd best match going into SummerSlam.

Happy AJ retained, a few close calls here hopefully AJ can move on from Owens. I do miss the Face of America titantron though, it was so detailed and glorious.

Jinder won I dont hate Jinder but it really puts a big downer on the Smackdown brand for me. Nakamura however wasnt ready

Great fatal 4 way, LOVED watching Lesnar get beat up for once from BRAUUUUN. I knew as soon as the doctors/stretchers arrived he would return and retain. And the fact he was advertised for several events after SS and contract runs out after WM 34.

Overall an above average show but watching live the only matches that had me watching was AJ/Owens, Bar/Shield Nakamura/Mahal and 4 Way, the rest was hard to stay awake for, but you can blame my fatigue for that!

Didnt watch any Raw matches just segments, happy to see Strowman dominate again but it unfortunately will lead to a loss.Not much else interesting happened, apart from the Hardys getting a lot more broken.
Reply 6264
I'm no fan of Jinder or Corbin, but the worst thing on WWE television right now is Booker T. His commentary is absolutely woeful and he makes a fool of himself every single Monday. The comments last night about John Cena making it despite having mediocre ability were just bizarre. I'm all for heel commentators, but they need to add something to the action on the screen and help the wrestlers tell a story, something Michael Cole has improved greatly at.
Original post by Mackay
I'm no fan of Jinder or Corbin, but the worst thing on WWE television right now is Booker T. His commentary is absolutely woeful and he makes a fool of himself every single Monday.

Pot kettle black.
Reply 6266
The Glorious One is on SmackDown. I've felt SmackDown has been underwhelming in recent weeks, largely thanks to RAW's progression and a blossoming main event scene on Monday nights, but last night's episode was a step back in the right direction. Bobby Roode will be a brilliant addition to the blue brand, and he duly beat Aiden English in swift fashion during his debut match. I'd have actually preferred him to beat a face - maybe Tye Dillinger, Mojo Rawley or somebody - but it was a good introduction nonetheless.

That came after a strong opening segment which saw AJ Styles/Kevin Owens/Shane McMahon tease more tension. Owens was given one last chance vs Styles - and Shane even gave him the chance to pick his own referee. The tension between the trio was palpable and it was a brilliant start to Tuesday's episode, cleverly focusing on the hottest feud on the SmackDown roster. Owens tried to approach Sami Zayn, who refused, before settling on Baron Corbin as ref. The main event match itself was as you'd expect - Corbin was relinquished of his duties by Shane O'Mac, who oversaw yet another Styles win. We're clearly headed for an Owens vs McMahon feud now - one that may last months - and I'm really up for a Team Owens vs Team Shane match at Survivor Series.

We also saw Dolph Ziggler return in a backstage segment and cut a Miz-like promo, full of meta references and sly glances to things the IWC is talking about, but more noticeable was the return of Shelton Benjamin, who will partner Chad Gable in a tag team going forward. The other matches saw Naomi and Becky Lynch tag to beat Natalya and Carmella, who lost after some misunderstanding between the heels which saw Carmella tagged in but refuse to wrestle. There was another tag match - the Usos beating the Hype Bros before calling out the entire tag team roster - and a 2-on-1 Handicap Match which saw Shinsuke Nakamura beat the Singh Brothers before Jinder Mahal left him lying. It was a solid show, with plenty of noticeable, newsworthy moments, and decent-to-good matches.

On 205 Live, Drew Gulak and Tony Nese teamed to lose to Cedric Alexander and Gran Metalik in what was essentially a rematch from last week. These four were all featured on RAW during the eight-man tag-team bout last night, but this was as you'd expect: fun and fast-paced, with plenty of high spots and minimal character progression. Then, The Brian Kendrick beat down Jack Gallagher in a Gentleman's Duel before proposing a No DQ match next week, in a segment which was brilliant and furthering the development of these two's animosity. Neville retained his belt vs Akira Tozawa in the main event, in what was essentially the third time we've seen this exact same match this week. Hopefully Neville moves onto something new now, but I have a feeling we're set for something underwhelming: to close the show, Enzo Amore emerged and declared himself a part of the 205 Live roster, eyeing Neville's title. Amore is a liability in the ring, and him vs Neville is not something I want to see.
Genuinely fell asleep during Summerslam. So boring.
Looks like I'm cancelling the network and going to New Japan world instead.
Original post by WWEaboo
Genuinely fell asleep during Summerslam. So boring.
Looks like I'm cancelling the network and going to New Japan world instead.

From the looks of it, it looked very much like a B-PPV. Like a Roadblock or Great Balls of Fire. SmackDown's contribution was really bad, Jinder Mahal and Natalya as the top stars sounds like the sabotage continues.
Asuka just relinquished the title, so she can go on the main roster. Not putting anyone over on the way out, no rub for Ember Moon or anyone else.

Well you can tell NXT is run by Triple H.
Reply 6270
Asuka needs to be on SmackDown when she debuts - and she needs to win the belt in her first match.
Original post by Mackay
Asuka needs to be on SmackDown when she debuts - and she needs to win the belt in her first match.

How does a main roster debut and championship match get booked though? Especially from an injury
Original post by heavyhandscott
How does a main roster debut and championship match get booked though? Especially from an injury

Open challenge or the gm forces the champ to defend against a mystery opponent
Original post by TobyShorrock
Open challenge or the gm forces the champ to defend against a mystery opponent

I dont know how I didnt think of these (oops)

I think an open challenge would be better, though a heel should be forced into a match so they get more heat from the crowd
Reply 6274
Asuka vs Becky Lynch and Charlotte makes the most sense to me. A SmackDown debut is a must.
(edited 6 years ago)
Mackay what the actual ****.

If this isn't more proof that you're copy and pasting then idk what is. This is clearly a form of spam.
That time Rikishi recorded a Barry White-style ballad about rear entry.

BTW how many parents must've been driven absolutely mad with the awful music and cringe of this album?
Stephanie and Vince both on Smackdown. Maybe the blue show is finally worth watching.
Only took a few months and WWE are back offering another free month of the Network to previous subscribers (I've not even subscribed, it's always been the free months).

Also they've sent a survey which suggests they have a lot of ideas including serial dramas "like a WWE-inspired Game of Thrones", buying out TNA/GFW and coming to agreements with ROH and NJPW, alternate commentary audio so you can listen to something like Scott Hall & Kevin Nash instead of "OHHHH MYYYYYY" and "*looks at script* FOR THE LOVE OF MANKIND(!)", VR, alternate camera angles...

Quick Reply

Latest