The Student Room Group

HELP!...Pervs looking up my skirt

At my school all girls have to wear skirts (sucks I know, especially when it's freezing cold or windy). I've always been self conscious of guys looking up my skirt when I am sitting down or outside in a windy day so I've always worn black underwear under tights in the hope that it will be as hard to make out what's underneath my skirt as possible.

The problem is when it's really hot and it's simply unbearable to wear tights. What can I do to stop pervy guys seeing my underwear. I've tried wearing shorts under my skirt but I remember once in drama class I crouched down and literally the whole audience saw my shorts, which imo is even worse than them seeing my underwear (which btw I still don't want) since they know that I'm super scared about them seeing my underwear.

The teachers don't seem to care very much either, once they made the whole year play tug of war and didn't even give us girls a chance to put something in to cover up our underwear. As you can imagine, all that squating and pulling allowed everyone to see what I decided to wear under my skirt that day. I remember the next day someone posted a video of me flashing my underwear in the tug of war and it was just constant 'nice white panties, Mia!' or 'Mia, you're such a slut deliberately showing us your panties like that!'

It's really disgusting. Does anyone have any tips in how to stop this stuff from happening?

Much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Girls shouldn't be made to wear skirts.
Original post by Anonymous

I agree.
Ffs why did I have to go to an all boys school
Reply 4
Report that. That will teach those guys a lesson. Honestly, recording something like that is just....
Original post by Mia2002
At my school all girls have to wear skirts (sucks I know, especially when it's freezing cold or windy). I've always been self conscious of guys looking up my skirt when I am sitting down or outside in a windy day so I've always worn black underwear under tights in the hope that it will be as hard to make out what's underneath my skirt as possible.

The problem is when it's really hot and it's simply unbearable to wear tights. What can I do to stop pervy guys seeing my underwear. I've tried wearing shorts under my skirt but I remember once in drama class I crouched down and literally the whole audience saw my shorts, which imo is even worse than them seeing my underwear (which btw I still don't want) since they know that I'm super scared about them seeing my underwear.

The teachers don't seem to care very much either, once they made the whole year play tug of war and didn't even give us girls a chance to put something in to cover up our underwear. As you can imagine, all that squating and pulling allowed everyone to see what I decided to wear under my skirt that day. I remember the next day someone posted a video of me flashing my underwear in the tug of war and it was just constant 'nice white panties, Mia!' or 'Mia, you're such a slut deliberately showing us your panties like that!'

It's really disgusting. Does anyone have any tips in how to stop this stuff from happening?

Much appreciated

I'm sure girls skirts have to be just above the knee don't they, and no further than 5cm above? (At least this was the rules in the schools around me). And it was to prevent this very issue.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Ffs why did I have to go to an all boys school

:colonhash:
Why don't you wear a longer skirt? From a boy's pov, I think they are prettier anyway.
Just wear trousers. It's kinda sexist in my opinion.

If you get in trouble, just say that people have been taking videos of under your skirt, that you don't feel comfortable / safe wearing a skirt ect.

Why are skirts considered something only girls can wear, and trousers considered something that only males can wear in your school?

Ask the teacher that if they ask why you're wearing trousers.

Try wearing your skirt lower down / get a longer skirt
Try wearing shorts underneath maybe
First world probs. :lol:
Isn't it obvious that you should just wear a longer skirt?
longer skirt is the obvious solution... not much to be done about tug of war except refuse to take part until you're wearing appropriate clothes since basically anything could lead to a flash if you're being really active... but day to day no one should see your underwear unless your skirt is very short
Reply 13

nice victim blaming there, love that. isn't it obvious that the boys there should be reported, and taught that a woman isn't a piece of meat for them to lust after? OP sorry you have to deal w/that, it's disgusting. at my school people used to wear shorts under skirts all the time, which was seen as the norm i guess? ridiculous how girls 'have' to wear skirts though, it's the 21st century.

anyways, get names of the people that do it often and report them. if it's more of a general thing, kick up a massive fuss and get your parents involved, so they do an assembly on it or something. wishing you luck, let us know what happens :smile:
Reply 14

Ikr but we've been asking the headteacher to change the uniform rules or let us wear trousers but with no success.
Reply 15
Original post by Rarest
Report that. That will teach those guys a lesson. Honestly, recording something like that is just....

Yeah but I don't want to sound like a snitch. I'd much rather stop it from happening in the first place than deal with the consequences
Reply 16
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I'm sure girls skirts have to be just above the knee don't they, and no further than 5cm above? (At least this was the rules in the schools around me). And it was to prevent this very issue.

Yeah but it still allows for some unintended flashing in wind or when sitting
Reply 17

Not allowed. Can't be below knee and can't be too much above it (not that I'd want to wear something that short anyway)
Original post by lyanu
nice victim blaming there, love that. isn't it obvious that the boys there should be reported, and taught that a woman isn't a piece of meat for them to lust after? OP sorry you have to deal w/that, it's disgusting. at my school people used to wear shorts under skirts all the time, which was seen as the norm i guess? ridiculous how girls 'have' to wear skirts though, it's the 21st century.

anyways, get names of the people that do it often and report them. if it's more of a general thing, kick up a massive fuss and get your parents involved, so they do an assembly on it or something. wishing you luck, let us know what happens :smile:

It's not victim blaming Why is everyone a victim nowadays.
She asked for a solution to prevent it from happening
The solution is a longer skirt
You should dispute that policy in your school. They should have a choice! And let them know why you want the choice.

Latest

Trending

Trending