english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Further Additional Science - C
Additional Science - B

i was wondering if i ACE A level (All a*) is it possible for me to get into a good uni :frown: i am SUPER WORRIED

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zadaln123
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

i was wondering if i ACE A level (All a*) is it possible for me to get into a good uni :frown: i am SUPER WORRIED

Most places look at a levels like only or99% only oxbridge care about insane GCSEs
Reply 2
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

Yes you will get in some of the uni's as they only want you to get c's and above but it depends on what career you have chosen for yourself like medicine or law you might stand a chance. Also if you apply to Cambridge they really don't care about GCSE's, they only care A levels and if you get all A* at a-levels you'll get in just work harder at a-levels and put in all the effort you got.
Reply 3
Original post by Reece.W.J
Most places look at a levels like only or99% only oxbridge care about insane GCSEs

Could getting all A* in a levels show improvement from GCSE and the top uni's recongnize this? Also im looking to get into top 7 uni's if if SMASH a levels and i am sooo scared my gcse will bring me down :frown:
Thank you though for replying
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

I got similar and got into a mid ranking Russel group with AAB entry requirements (which I met), yeah its possible
Reply 5
Original post by hira981
Yes you will get in some of the uni's as they only want you to get c's and above but it depends on what career you have chosen for yourself like medicine or law you might stand a chance. Also if you apply to Cambridge they really don't care about GCSE's, they only care A levels and if you get all A* at a-levels you'll get in just work harder at a-levels and put in all the effort you got.

i am looking to get into Economics or a business type degree in a really good uni
Could getting all A* in a levels show improvement from GCSE and the top uni's recongnize this? Also im looking to get into top 7 uni's if if SMASH a levels and i am sooo scared my gcse will bring me down :frown:
Thank you though for replying

You'll be fine if you just get your a level grades and write a quality personal statement
i am looking to get into Economics or a business type degree in a really good uni

Sameeee
Reply 8
Sameeee

but you probably got better than me in your GCSE lool i only got c's and b's, but these average grades will influence me to work harder for a level and smash them
but you probably got better than me in your GCSE lool i only got c's and b's, but these average grades will influence me to work harder for a level and smash them

I got Cs and Bs as well. I'm doing WBQ chemistry economics maths and possibly biology
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

You can definitely still get into a good uni.
All A*s though? If you struggled to get the grades you did at GCSE how much do you think you're seriously going to struggle at A Level to get these grades? It's going to require so much work, even A/A* students at GCSE don't usually get those grades at A Level

Are you going to be allowed to do A levels? You have few good grades which many schools require for A level study.

Maths A level is very useful fir Economics - not sure you will be able to study this with a 4.
Reply 12
Original post by Muttley79
Are you going to be allowed to do A levels? You have few good grades which many schools require for A level study.

Maths A level is very useful fir Economics - not sure you will be able to study this with a 4.

I picked Economics, Business and Pyschology at A level
Reply 13
I got Cs and Bs as well. I'm doing WBQ chemistry economics maths and possibly biology

is WBQ any different then A levels?
Reply 14
Original post by skljfhakjf
You can definitely still get into a good uni.
All A*s though? If you struggled to get the grades you did at GCSE how much do you think you're seriously going to struggle at A Level to get these grades? It's going to require so much work, even A/A* students at GCSE don't usually get those grades at A Level

i didnt try that much and didnt use my full potential also i had a few family matters and was sick during some of the exams (my predicted grades were mostly a's and b's) but if i try really hard i can achieve great a levels (A*'s) since ive already started revising during my summer holidays lol
is WBQ any different then A levels?

WBQ is Welsh EPQ
Reply 16

Please don't go into A levels feeling optimistic of your capability to get all A/A*s because that is very naive. There will be times halfway through the two years where things might get difficult and the workload becomes too much to handle. Your optimism will be bring you down and eventually make you decrease your efforts

My point is don't think it will be easy because it will be hard and when it does become hard, keep trying

I wish you all the best
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
WBQ is Welsh EPQ

just asking why didnt you do A levels?
Reply 18
Original post by 408655
Please don't go into A levels feeling optimistic of your capability to get all A/A*s because that is very naive. There will be times halfway through the two years where things might get difficult and the workload becomes too much to handle. Your optimism will be bring you down and eventually make you decrease your efforts

My point is don't think it will be easy because it will be hard and when it does become hard, keep trying

I wish you all the best

very wise words and i will take it into account, thank you so much
I got two GCSEs and am going to a Russell group! It's possible.

Quick Reply

Latest