The Student Room Group

What are the requirements for an A* in Physic at AQA, A2?

The title is my question, folks.
Reply 1
A2 is a term that only applies to modular A levels.

It's painfully simple, but not that obvious for people brought up on UMS. For an A* in a linear A level, which includes AQA's Physics specification, you need to get a good enough mark to get an A*. The grade boundaries will vary every year and you just need to have a sufficiently high mark to qualify.
Original post by Compost
A2 is a term that only applies to modular A levels.

It's painfully simple, but not that obvious for people brought up on UMS. For an A* in a linear A level, which includes AQA's Physics specification, you need to get a good enough mark to get an A*. The grade boundaries will vary every year and you just need to have a sufficiently high mark to qualify.

I understand this, but what exactly are the requirements?
Reply 3
Know the spec back to front.
Hard work and motivation. I myself am in the same position looking to do A-Level Physics so the best of luck to you as well :smile:
Original post by DetectiveMe
I understand this, but what exactly are the requirements?

Get around 80% on your tests if you want a good estimate; UMS not existing anymore makes it fairly hard to explain
Original post by 152mmOfDerp
Hard work and motivation. I myself am in the same position looking to do A-Level Physics so the best of luck to you as well :smile:

Thank you for the well wishes, good luck to you too!
Reply 7
Thank you for the well wishes, good luck to you too!

this year grade boundaries are on the aqa site, you could check, ours will be a bit higher im sure though
Original post by bruh2132
this year grade boundaries are on the aqa site, you could check, ours will be a bit higher im sure though

On the spec, it says that there will be three papers and 2 will be out of 85 and one out of 80. Does this means that to get an A* 90% is needed on all the papers?
Reply 9
On the spec, it says that there will be three papers and 2 will be out of 85 and one out of 80. Does this means that to get an A* 90% is needed on all the papers?

No, your total score is all that matters. (In OCR Biology this year you could have got zero in one of the 3 exams and still achieve an A*) You won't need 90% - you need whatever is the A* boundary. This year for AQA Physics it was less than 70% for one of the options and not much more in the others.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-RL-GDE-BDY-JUN-2017.PDF

Quick Reply

Latest