The Student Room Group

EPQ or A-level

Is it better to do 4 a-levels or 3 a-levels and an EPQ? I'm asking regarding time, difficulty and university preference and any other advice or information.
Better to do 4 A levels in terms of ... "prestige". That's not quite the right word but I think you get the idea.

But doing an EPQ instead of 1 a-level will be less onourous on time. And frankly most people only do 3 anyway so tbh why bother with 4? Do 3, do them well and finish it off with an EPQ.
Original post by urh
Is it better to do 4 a-levels or 3 a-levels and an EPQ? I'm asking regarding time, difficulty and university preference and any other advice or information.

I'd suggest you do 3 and an EPQ because ultimately an EPQ is less time consuming than an A-Level so you'll have more free time to do work. Plus university standard offers are based of 3 A-Levels anyway, so that's really all you need. It's much better to do 3 subjects and do a bit better in each than do 4 and get a slightly lesser grade in each of that makes sense :smile:
Original post by EmilySarah00
I'd suggest you do 3 and an EPQ because ultimately an EPQ is less time consuming than an A-Level so you'll have more free time to do work. Plus university standard offers are based of 3 A-Levels anyway, so that's really all you need. It's much better to do 3 subjects and do a bit better in each than do 4 and get a slightly lesser grade in each of that makes sense :smile:

Yeah it does I'll be more likely to get perfect grades all around than spreading myself thin thanks for the response
Original post by urh
Yeah it does I'll be more likely to get perfect grades all around than spreading myself thin thanks for the response

Glad you understood what I meant there haha!
[QUOTE=DrSebWilkes;73478002]Better to do 4 A levels in terms of ... "prestige". That's not quite the right word but I think you get the idea.

But doing an EPQ instead of 1 a-level will be less onourous on time. And frankly most people only do 3 anyway so tbh why bother with 4? Do 3, do them well and finish it off with an EPQ.

The only thing worrying me with the EPQ is that I feel like I'll maybe lose motivation....but doing 3 and an EPQ does make more sense.

Quick Reply

Latest