The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Start early for A levels
Make sacrifices - FOMO is not that deep
Make friends in Year 7 rather than wait for people to come to you. Otherwise, you will end up alone and friendless until the latter half of Year 10. However, this also kinda allowed you to pay attention in lessons though. And I saw a study suggesting revision doesn't help that much but paying attention the first time round does. So, do whatever I guess. Also, stop being a good child. Rebel. I watched a video by the School of Life and it is freaking me out. Then again, if you don't do these things you won't be me. I made friends. I'm beginning to change.
That it's okay if you don't know what you want to do yet and it's okay, in fact great, to not follow the crowd! Life will fall together at some point, trust that!
Just keep working hard and for god's sake look after yourself better. You're not going to do as badly as you think, you pessimist!
Stop worrying and panicking about everything.

Get more hobbies..go out and enjoy. Be more confident.
i'd visit myself right before my last school year started, and explain that i'm about to get a really bad maths teacher and my new chemistry teacher is going to be fired soon for not teaching us anything, so i need to really knuckle down and learn how to study those subjects independently.
also, that the majority of my final biology exam is going to be about evolution. don't assume that i already know all about it. because i don't. just read the textbook.
Any age - Nothing matters as much as you think it does. Get some perspective
Don't work so hard in year 7-9, it doesn't really matter. Stuff gets harder!
You could do anything you want with your life. You just have to be willing to work hard to get it. Freedom is priceless and that is what motivates me now to want to work harder and harder to live the life I want.
Why did you slack off? Why didn't you work harder?
Never be complacent no matter how well you are doing
don't be too hard on yourself and try not to worry about the future but live in the present moment
Reply 93
Don't burn yourself out. Don't study wayyy to early because you'll end up forgetting it anyway.
stop staying in your comfort zone and to work hard from the start
If you want to do something, just do it.

Thinking about what you want to do will probably take longer than just doing it. :tongue:
life's too hard and adulthood sucks
Time. It has no limit, nor does the things you can do. I'm not saying it will be easy, trust me it won't, but the rewards are worth every second of it. Dont live in the past, once something is done it can't be undone, so don't worry yourself about something you can't change.
Age 5 and honestly it would just be a very long list of mistakes not to make.

Oh, and 'Leicester City to win premier league 2015/16' at the bottom will solve one or two of those mistakes.

School self- be true to yourself and your own hobbies/interests and stop trying to fit in with the crowd

College self- focus more on your studies instead of going mcdonalds with your friend and don't bother with that gap year between year one and two of your A levels, all you achieved in this time was getting really good at mario kart.

Uni self- stop procrastinating, Youtube is NOT your friend, sort your accommodation out earlier so that you're not rushing around at the last minute.

Latest

Trending

Trending