The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread Mark I (2017-2018)

Welcome To Year 13, people!

This thread will be constantly updated over the year. New things added every so often.

So we're here: The final year. This year will be filled with tons of work, applications, personal statements, revision and stress. Here is the place you can voice your concerns, have a rant or a little chat with others in the same boat.

Introduce

First of all, before we start anything, introduce yourself!

You may be continuing from the Year 12 Thread, or you may be new. Either way, here's a format to follow. Use your own if you want!

What subjects are you studying?:
What grades do you hope to achieve?:
Plans for after Year 13:
Going to uni? If so, which?:
Future Goals:
Tell us a bit about yourself:
How you feeling about this year?:
AS Grades (If you wish to share):
Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!:

My Answers:

Spoiler

Next are some spoilers full of info that can help us get through the next year.

Applying To Uni:

Spoiler

Revision:

Spoiler

(If you have any links you wish me to add, @ me)

Planning to apply or have been given an offer for an oxbridge university? Tell me and I will add you to the list with your current situation, pending or conditional.

Oxbridge Applicants:

Spoiler

Once you've added a subject, I'll add it to the list! If it isn't on the list, I'll find a category for it.

Subjects:

EPQ'ers

Credit to the other Year 13 threads for the ideas
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Loving this thread:smile:
hey all, I'm going into Year 13 and I do bio, chem and maths
I hope to study Medicine
I'm so worried for this year
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi! I'm going into year 13 this year and I am doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics for A2
Hoping to achieve: A*A*A
After year 13: wanna apply to Uni (Oxford or Manchester), to study Physics and Philosophy
AS Grades: AAAB (B in History, which I have dropped)
Feeling about this year: Just realised how much work there is to do for this year....Stressful, but also exciting, wanna get sixth form over with and move on to Uni if possible! :biggrin:
What subjects are you studying?: I'm studying Maths (MEI), Computer Science (AQA) and Economics(AQA). I did Further Maths up to AS.
What grades do you hope to achieve?:A*AA I don't mind what the A* is in I just would like one for myself.
Plans for after Year 13: Gap Year
Going to uni? If so, which?: Don't think I want to go to uni in the traditional way, probably a degree apprenticeship in something tech related.
Future Goals: No clue!
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm Freya and I probably watch too much Netlix...
How you feeling about this year?: Pretty determined to do well.
AS Grades (If you wish to share):AAA in Maths, Further Maths and Economics. Really proud of myself because I was predicted BDA.

Never been in a thread like this before so hopefully this should be fun :smile:
Reply 4
@ ahlaladolly Samee :smile:
aw good luck:smile::h:
have you done any admission tests yet?
Original post by Bella65
@ ahlaladolly Samee :smile:
This thread has got so many replies already! Hey everyone :colondollar:
What subjects are you studying? Health and Social Care, Graphics and Sociology
What grades do you hope to achieve? BB and DiDi (For health and social care)
Plans for after Year 13: To study Midwifery at university
Going to uni? If so, which?: Middlesex University or Kingston University
Future Goals: To be a Midwife
Tell us a bit about yourself: I love anime, manga and video games (especially RPG or visual novels)
How you feeling about this year?: Excited but nervous
Graphics: C
Sociology: D
Health and Social Care: PU (currently it's getting remarked)
Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!: N/A
(edited 6 years ago)
English Literature, Ancient History, History, and Classical Civilisation.
Hoping for A*AAA, but I think AAAB is a more realistic assumption!
Plans for after Year 13:
As far as I know, I'm going straight on to uni! I don't have anything else planned.
The dream is Oxford for Ancient and Modern History, so if I get in that will be my firm! If not, it'll probably be Exeter as firm and Birmingham as insurance, but I haven't decided yet.
Future Goals:
I know it's a long shot and I should wait and see how I do with university, but I'm hoping to go on and do a Masters, PhD, and then become an academic. If I don't fancy academia, I think I'll do a PGCE and teach history or ancient history at a sixth form college. The REAL pipe dream is to be an author, but I'll actually have to finish something before I can do that!
I'm Leo (or Sam, I'm still deciding on that one). I have a tendency to get really into things, so I have a lot of varied interests, including Nintendo games (Zelda, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem), Marvel films, and Doctor Who. As I mentioned, I also write a lot. Mostly fanfiction at the moment, but one day I'll get round to writing something original.
Really nervous, but probably not for the right reasons. Towards the end of last year all the friendships in my group started falling apart and I don't think next year is going to be particularly friendly. I'm not as worried about grades as I should be - I feel that I work hard and I'm finally getting to grips with the self-motivated thing. I just worry that everything other than my grades is going to be awful this year.
I got As in both my modular subjects! Really excited about that (problem? All my friends got like Ds and Cs and now they hate me). I got As in the mocks for my other subjects, which is also great.
Blog?
I have a history Tumblr - accessiblehistory
I also have a GYG - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4930660
(edited 6 years ago)
@XLittleSparrowX It's honestly really nice to have average students like you it's nice to know that i'm not alone you think CEE is bad? lol I got CDPU (though the U grade is getting remarked)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Starlight15
@XLittleSparrowX It's honestly really nice to have average students like you it's nice to now that i'm not alone you think CEE is bad? lol I got CDPU (though the U grade is getting remarked)

I hope the remark goes well! It's nice to see another average student as well :colondollar: I'm sure we can do amazing this year
Reply 11
What subjects are you studying?: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology
What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*A*A*A*
Going to uni? If so, which?: it's been my dream to study Maths at Oxford for ages
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm not particularly interesting... I like 70s music and film
How you feeling about this year?: I'm excited about year 13, but apprehensive as I know how much work it will be and I'm stressed about writing my personal statement etc.
AS Grades: AAAA
What subjects are you studying?: RS, Health and Social Care, Performing Arts
What grades am I hoping to achieve?: B, Distinction , Distinction*
Plans after year 13: Uni :smile:
Going to uni: yep fingers crossed Northumbria
Future Goals: to be a Nurse
About me: I am absolutely ******** myself for this year but I am so so so excited to be at uni, can't wait
How you feeling about this year?: scared but looking forward to the year 13 prom
As Grades: D, D, B :smile:
Original post by Slmarshall2
What subjects are you studying?: RS, Health and Social Care, Performing Arts
What grades am I hoping to achieve?: B, Distinction , Distinction*
Plans after year 13: Uni :smile:
Going to uni: yep fingers crossed Northumbria
Future Goals: to be a Nurse
About me: I am absolutely ******** myself for this year but I am so so so excited to be at uni, can't wait
How you feeling about this year?: scared but looking forward to the year 13 prom
As Grades: D, D, B :smile:

What topics are you doing for health and social care?
i am going to be in yr 13 too I did my EDEXCEL (IALs) AS level exams in May/June of 2016, took a gap year, and now I want to finish my A levels by re-enrolling into school and writing my A2 exams in May/June 2018. Am I allowed to do this? Will my AS level marks be carried forward to my A2 or is it impossible for me to complete my A levels now because of the gap year I have taken?

note that this gap year wasnt my choice but i was forced into it and now im forced to go back to complete my a levels i will take chem math and physics and ive forgotten every single thing ive learnt in AS level how hard is it going to be in a2 with only 6 months in hand
What subjects are you studying?: Biology, Chemistry, Maths (dropped English Literature in AS)
What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*A*A
Plans for after Year 13: hoping to go to university!
Going to uni? If so, which?: I'm applying for medicine, unsure about which universities, but I've been looking at Kings College, Newcastle, Manchester, Imperial, UCL, Sheffield, Edinburgh
Future Goals: To become a doctor and save lives. :smile:
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm Coco and I love playing piano and watching game of thrones. I occasionally go for 5k runs. That's all I do with my life tbh.
How you feeling about this year?: Very nervous! with university choices, A2, interviews, anything could happen...
AS Grades (If you wish to share): AAAA
Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and EPQ
Anywhere from A*A*A to AAA (A*-B in EPQ)
Plans for after Year 13:
Biomedical Science degree
Haven't decided yet, looking at Newcastle, York, Sheffield and Leeds.
Future Goals:
Become a medical researcher/scientist.
I'm Kate and I enjoy video games and climbing and not much else really (that's kinda sad,,,). I also draw every now and then.
Feeling okay, a bit nervous but trying to stay optimistic!
AS Grades:
AAAA (Dropping Religious Studies)
Original post by Starlight15
What topics are you doing for health and social care?

I'm not sure what this years topics will be but last years were:
-Building positive relationships
- Equality Diversity and rights
- Anatomy and Physiology
Good luck to all you wonderful year 13s!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What subjects are you studying?: English Literature, English Language and Religious Studies
What grades do you hope to achieve?: The dream is all A*'s, but realistically A*AA
Plans for after Year 13: Studying English
Going to uni? If so, which?: Yep, a Russell Group Uni (Warwick or Cambridge atm)
Future Goals: ??? Beyond University I have no idea. If I could I would just spend the rest of my life learning and writing lol 😂🙈
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm Phoebe, I'm a massive nerd for English, I love Harry Potter a bit too much probably ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How you feeling about this year?: Fine I think, but I'll change my mind when it gets close to exam season 😂
AS Grades (If you wish to share): AAB
Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!:
Tumblr - @its-a-paper-town
Studyblr - @unwrittenambition
Blog - phoebedar.wordpress.com

Latest