The Student Room Group

Subjects

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has done Maths, Further Maths, chemistry and Music for A level? Is it a good combination?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kojifj
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has done maths, further maths, chemistry and music for A level? Is it a good combination?

Any combination of A Levels is a good combination as long as you enjoy the subjects! You seem to have given yourself a good range there. (Maths and Further Maths are great by the way as long as you really enjoy and have a strong interest in maths)

You'll definitely have your work cut out doing those 4 A levels (or any 4 tbh) so just make sure you work really hard and you'll do great :smile:
Original post by kojifj
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has done maths, further maths, chemistry and music for A level? Is it a good combination?

That seems like a silly combination. You can get into chemistry degrees with chemistry, maths and further maths, but physics or biology would open up more universities (a lot require physics or biology). You could get onto a maths degree, though a lot of top universities like to see physics at A-level. You wouldn't get into medicine, dentistry or biomedical science. What is it you want to do in the future?
Reply 3
Original post by Grassflow
That seems like a silly combination. You can get into chemistry degrees with chemistry, maths and further maths, but physics or biology would open up more universities (a lot require physics or biology). You could get onto a maths degree, though a lot of top universities like to see physics at A-level. You wouldn't get into medicine, dentistry or biomedical science. What is it you want to do in the future?

I'm honestly not too sure at the moment..I was going to do physics but wasn't able to because it was in the same block as music. And biology..I just really don't enjoy it at all. I'm just picking subjects that I enjoy for A level.
Reply 4
Original post by EmilySarah00
Any combination of A Levels is a good combination as long as you enjoy the subjects! You seem to have given yourself a good range there. (Maths and Further Maths are great by the way as long as you really enjoy and have a strong interest in maths)

You'll definitely have your work cut out doing those 4 A levels (or any 4 tbh) so just make sure you work really hard and you'll do great :smile:

Yes, I picked subjects that I enjoy and I'm willing to work hard. Thank you so much.
Original post by kojifj
I'm honestly not too sure at the moment..I was going to do physics but wasn't able to because it was in the same block as music. And biology..I just really don't enjoy it at all. I'm just picking subjects that I enjoy for A level.

You need to start thinking about what you want to, as I said your options are quite restricted with that combination, regardless of whether you enjoy them or not. You don't want to get to this time next year and not have a realistic chance at getting into the degree you want because you don't have the right subjects.
Reply 6
Original post by Grassflow
You need to start thinking about what you want to, as I said your options are quite restricted with that combination, regardless of whether you enjoy them or not. You don't want to get to this time next year and not have a realistic chance at getting into the degree you want because you don't have the right subjects.

Very true hah! Do you know what I can do with those A levels? Obviously I have looked into it a little bit and when I start Sixth Form, I do have a chance in the first 3 weeks to change subjects if that's what I want to do..

Quick Reply

Latest