The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Accommodation (South Towers)

Hello!

I was wondering what the accommodation for Eddington tower flats mean? For example: EDD3/11. Does that mean Flat 3 Room 11, or Floor 3 Room 11? Also, how is the accommodation in the South Towers?

Thanks,
Sam.
Reply 1
Someone said that the flat number = floor number so I'm assuming that you're on the 3rd floor.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Maple08
Someone said that the flat number = floor number so I'm assuming that you're on the 3rd floor.

Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by itssammate
Thank you!

Yes, that means flat 3 (third floor), room 11.

My daughter lived in Eddington in her first year and absolutely loved it. The accommodation itself is pretty basic but it is so easy to make friends when you are sharing with so many other people. The rooms are set out in two wings each leading off the central kitchen, which is where everybody gathers to hang out.

Have fun and good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by FionaMG
Yes, that means flat 3 (third floor), room 11.

My daughter lived in Eddington in her first year and absolutely loved it. The accommodation itself is pretty basic but it is so easy to make friends when you are sharing with so many other people. The rooms are set out in two wings each leading off the central kitchen, which is where everybody gathers to hang out.

Have fun and good luck! :smile:

Brilliant! How many showers/toilets were shared in her flat? And was there any situations where she would be waiting to use one for ages?
Reply 5
Brilliant! How many showers/toilets were shared in her flat? And was there any situations where she would be waiting to use one for ages?

There are two toilets and one shower on each side of the flat. She says she practically never had to wait and can actually only remember it happening a couple of times over the whole year.

One suggestion she said to pass on to you is to see if your flatmates want to consider designating one toilet on each side as being for the girls and the other for the boys. She says that she didn't see any other flat doing that when she stayed there but that in her flat they found it worked really well and in particular helped avoid girl/boy antagonism.
Reply 6
Original post by FionaMG
There are two toilets and one shower on each side of the flat. She says she practically never had to wait and can actually only remember it happening a couple of times over the whole year.

One suggestion she said to pass on to you is to see if your flatmates want to consider designating one toilet on each side as being for the girls and the other for the boys. She says that she didn't see any other flat doing that when she stayed there but that in her flat they found it worked really well and in particular helped avoid girl/boy antagonism.

Thank you and your daughter so much! It's been a very big help, I highly appreciate it
Reply 7
Thank you and your daughter so much! It's been a very big help, I highly appreciate it

You're very welcome. :smile:
Also Eddington tower flat 3 here, do you have Facebook? We got a group chat going
Reply 9
Also in Eddington tower flat 3, what courses are you guys studying?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DanA93
Also in Eddington tower flat 3, what courses are you guys studying?

Computer science, and yourself?
1 week now, omgggg
Reply 11
Original post by ChickenDoodles
1 week now, omgggg

Sports Science, I know! Not long to go now. Can't wait to get started
Original post by DanA93
Sports Science, I know! Not long to go now. Can't wait to get started

Eyyy, noiice! Do you want adding to this group chat on messenger?
Reply 13
Eyyy, noiice! Do you want adding to this group chat on messenger?

Yeah mate, be good to get to know a few people before we get there
1 week now, omgggg

How is the Computer Science course so far? I am applying for next year and Essex is probably my firm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending