The Student Room Group

How do I know if I exceeded the line limit?

So I've written my personal statement and it has 3994 characters (with spaces).

What font size/type are personal statements when I put it in the UCAS application? Currently I'm using times new roman 12pt.

Also, is there a way for people to review my personal statement on this website?
Original post by Baaah

What font size/type are personal statements when I put it in the UCAS application? Currently I'm using times new roman 12pt.

Also, is there a way for people to review my personal statement on this website?

You copy and paste it into Microsoft Word and it tells you how many lines you've used, I really hope you haven't been writing it in the UCAS online box where you submit it...
Original post by Baaah

The font size/font doesn't matter - UCAS will automatically change it to the default font/size as soon as you paste it into your UCAS Apply portal.

TSR has a dedicated PS Review service which is free and run by approved volunteers, and it is sent via a secure area meaning it won't be cached.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26458-Get-your-personal-statement-draft-reviewed-by-a-TSR-PS-reviewer

DO NOT send it to anyone via PM - You have no control as to what they do with it. Someone could copy it, or plaster it all over the internet making it cached and therefore gets your PS flagged by the UCAS Plagiarism software.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Glassapple
You copy and paste it into Microsoft Word and it tells you how many lines you've used, I really hope you haven't been writing it in the UCAS online box where you submit it...

No I haven't been writing it in on ucas :smile:

What font type and size does UCAS use? Or should I paste it in ucas form then copy and paste it back to microsoft word?
Original post by Baaah
No I haven't been writing it in on ucas :smile:

What font type and size does UCAS use? Or should I paste it in ucas form then copy and paste it back to microsoft word?

Paste it there and back so there's no discrepancy, it will auto to what they want when you paste it into Word.

Quick Reply

Latest