The Student Room Group

Driving test tomorrow and no where near test standard

My instructor says that it's most likely that I will fail my test as I am not test standard and keeps making a point that I am no where near it. Yet he told me not to cancel it last week! So now I feel like I'm paying £100 when it is inevitable to fail. Just makes me fell kinda sh*tty knowing I don't have a chance. Anyone else been here?

Scroll to see replies

You may find you drive better if you think the pressure is off
It's too late to cancel now so just chalk it up to experience, although an expensive one
You may pass, you may not. That applies to everyone
But there's no sense in your instructor giving you false hope.
Reply 2
Tagging @AngryJellyfish to move this to Learning to Drive.
Even if you do fail, it's still very useful knowing how the process works, experience doing a test etc. I failed my first time but I was so much calmer for the second time as I knew what to expect.
I failed mine 5 times due to silly mistakes I didn't do during the lessons. My instructor was 100% sure I was ready, as on lessons I drove without problems. Yet on the day my nerves got to me. Don't give up hope because you will get there. If you fail tomorrow you will not only have at least gave it a go, but you'll also learn how tests are conducted and know what to expect next time. Good luck either way, and let us know how you got on. :smile:
My boyfriend failed his first test but he said it actually really helped him because he knew what to improve on when re-taking the test. He aced his second test. The curse comes with a blessing (: stay positive
Good luck, believe in yourself
Original post by jesschantellexxx
My instructor says that it's most likely that I will fail my test as I am not test standard and keeps making a point that I am no where near it. Yet he told me not to cancel it last week! So now I feel like I'm paying £100 when it is inevitable to fail. Just makes me fell kinda sh*tty knowing I don't have a chance. Anyone else been here?

Why is it costing £100?!

Okay, calm down. Your instructor shouldn't be so rough with you. You need to stay calm though, or you'll be more likely to panic and make mistakes. You can't reschedule it now, so what happens just happens. You aren't guaranteed to fail. If you've covered everything, then you have every opportunity to pass tomorrow. If you don't pass, it isn't the end of the world. You'll know how the test feels, what the centre looks like, you'll have done one of the test routes, met an examiner etc. That will help you loads in preparation for your next try
Original post by niteninja1
Why is it costing £100?!

Test costs £62, most people do an hour beforehand, which is another £20-25. The instructor may also charge for the use of their car during the test
Reply 10

The same thing kind of happened to me. My instructor said that I could do it even though I believed there was no chance in me passing. I just had to face it and do my best regardless of what I or anyone thought. All you need to do it believe in yourself and show everything that you've learned and you'll be fine.
Original post by cherryred90s
Test costs £62, most people do an hour beforehand, which is another £20-25. The instructor may also charge for the use of their car during the test

25£ a hour I paid £10
Original post by niteninja1
25£ a hour I paid £10

It varies. I paid £22 ph
Reply 13
It varies. I paid £22 ph

For lessons?
Original post by Black Water
For lessons?

Yes
Reply 15
Yes

Oh right, I didn't pay anything lol.
even if you fail you can see how the tests works and you'll feel more ready for the next one, so don't worry too much about passing, it's good to make mistakes and improve from them :smile:
Oh right, I didn't pay anything lol.

Why?
Reply 18
Why?

My dad taught me.
My dad taught me.

Oh, lucky

Quick Reply

Latest