The Student Room Group

What's the best argument to disprove the existence of God?

Atheists, what do you think the best argument is?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bbll98
Atheists, what do you think the best argument is?

You don't have to disprove anything. It is the theists who are claiming the existence of a God, therefore the onus is on them to provide evidence that supports the existence of such a being.
Reply 2
Original post by Cubone-r
You don't have to disprove anything. It is the theists who are claiming the existence of a God, therefore the onus is on them to provide evidence that supports the existence of such a being.

I know. I'm not saying it's atheist's duty to prove that God doesn't exist, but there are lots of arguments as to why people He doesn't. I'm just curious as to which one people find most convincing.
It's not fact that God doesn't exist.
Reply 4
If there was, his arch-enemy Satan would already have used it.
Reply 5
God does exsist tou are here because of him
Reply 6
Original post by HotDetermination
It's not fact that God doesn't exist.

I know it's not a fact. Some people believe in Him, some people don't.
God is real it's not like the clouds just pooped you out in the middle of nowhere
Reply 8
Clearly you have no idea how to disprove his existence, which says a lot. Try looking and researching for arguments about how/why he exists.
Reply 9
Original post by Ftxxj
You are sucking satans penis that's why your too blind to see it

Original post by Rocky.00
Clearly you have no idea how to disprove his existence, which says a lot. Try looking and researching for arguments about how/why he exists.

I never said I didn't believe in God. I just want to know what atheists think the best argument is to disprove his existence. It's nothing about me personally.
Original post by bbll98
I know it's not a fact. Some people believe in Him, some people don't.

Your title suggested otherwise but okay :u:
Reply 11
God is defined as a perfect being 'he' created an imperfect world because this world isn't perfect therefore if God who is perfect created an imperfect world then he is clearly not perfect and the definition of God includes perfection therefore God does not exist if the world is imperfect (which it is).
Reply 12
Original post by HotDetermination
Your title suggested otherwise but okay :u:

Not really. I couldn't think of how to word the question otherwise.
Reply 13
Original post by bbll98
I never said I didn't believe in God. I just want to know what atheists think the best argument is to disprove his existence. It's nothing about me personally.

Oh alright then
Reply 14
Original post by 0lut0
God is defined as a perfect being 'he' created an imperfect world because this world isn't perfect therefore if God who is perfect created an imperfect world then he is clearly not perfect and the definition of God includes perfection therefore God does not exist if the world is imperfect (which it is).

Flawed logic.

True story: some children were given drawing materials and an adult artist drew them a lovely picture ... the children walked away to do something else.

God gave Adam & Eve perfection, they fell at the first hurdle.

Man claims to be good and wise them many people are suffering because of over-eating while many starve. Many environments are damaged and species rendered endangfered or exinct because greed was un-checked (wars and raw materials or waste) etc.

The failings of man (should) cause him to seek God for his answers.

Psalm 119
v67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

v71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

v75 I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.
God is a woman.
Reply 16
Well we all know the famous proof that there could not be a being at once benevolent and omnipotent. Monotheistic religions would seem to generally require the latter trait, but not so much the former. It is quite hard to prove that there isn't some sort of God who is just a jerk.
(edited 6 years ago)
“Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.”

Douglass Adams
Reply 18
Original post by NJA
Flawed logic.

True story: some children were given drawing materials and an adult artist drew them a lovely picture ... the children walked away to do something else.

God gave Adam & Eve perfection, they fell at the first hurdle.

Man claims to be good and wise them many people are suffering because of over-eating while many starve. Many environments are damaged and species rendered endangfered or exinct because greed was un-checked (wars and raw materials or waste) etc.

The failings of man (should) cause him to seek God for his answers.

Psalm 119
v67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

v71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

v75 I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

If God gave them perfection then they shouldn't have fell it even says that God made Adam and Eve in his image so therefore they were like him. So in that state they are perfect them falling is an imperfection therefore God did not create something perfect which means that he isn't perfect which essentially means that he doesn't exist because perfection is in his definition. Unless he purposely created Adam and Eve imperfect but it does not say that it says they were created in his perfect image.
Reply 19
Original post by 0lut0
If God gave them perfection then they shouldn't have fell it even says that God made Adam and Eve in his image so therefore they were like him. So in that state they are perfect them falling is an imperfection therefore God did not create something perfect which means that he isn't perfect which essentially means that he doesn't exist because perfection is in his definition. Unless he purposely created Adam and Eve imperfect but it does not say that it says they were created in his perfect image.

God could have created perfect robots, but he wants love that requires choice and the free will to make it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending