The Student Room Group

GCSE grade lower than expected, help?

So I did GCSE music and my grade came out as a D. This is strange because I was told i was working at an A yet I got a C in my composition, Ds in my performances and an A in my exam. What I dont understand is that I did my performance on flute (principle instrument) in which I had achieved grade 7 at distinction level and I am working on my grade 8. I honestly dont know what went wrong but I really wanted to do A level music and eventually do a degree in music, is this still possible? I also play clarinet and alto sax at grade 5 standard and I just achieved grade 6 piano, merit and grade 5 theory distinction. Would any other college accept me for a level music? My schools sixth form said they won't and I dont know what to do.
You could attempt a retake with your current school, or try a doing a btec music to get into uni to do music
Original post by Candlewood
You could attempt a retake with your current school, or try a doing a btec music to get into uni to do music

I asked and they won't let me do Btec music. I honestly dont understand what went wrong with music!
Original post by EmilyRebekah
I asked and they won't let me do Btec music. I honestly dont understand what went wrong with music!

What about sitting exams privately, you can find decently priced exam centres online, and use that to get to uni

Quick Reply

Latest