The Student Room Group

I was not contacted to send any additional evidence

Hi,
I submitted my student finance application in May and the last evidence they requested was sent back to me on 24th July.
Since then I have been waiting for my status to change as they said in the last letter that the process will take 6- 8 weeks leading me to believe that I did not need to send anything else and my application was now in progress. I decided to call student finance yesterday to ask about the progress and was informed that they needed one more piece of evidence which I can only get when the sixthform that I graduated from resumes next week. I was not contacted in any way about this which is surprising as when student finance needed more evidence from me in the past they emailed me. In order for me to enroll at uni I will need the confirmation from student finance that my application is approved. Also I have to sort out the payments for my accommodation. I would like to be advised on what to do next. Also what will happen after I have sent this evidence that student finance needs to approve my application.
Thank you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Maltesers99
Hi,
I submitted my student finance application in May and the last evidence they requested was sent back to me on 24th July.
Since then I have been waiting for my status to change as they said in the last letter that the process will take 6- 8 weeks leading me to believe that I did not need to send anything else and my application was now in progress. I decided to call student finance yesterday to ask about the progress and was informed that they needed one more piece of evidence which I can only get when the sixthform that I graduated from resumes next week. I was not contacted in any way about this which is surprising as when student finance needed more evidence from me in the past they emailed me. In order for me to enroll at uni I will need the confirmation from student finance that my application is approved. Also I have to sort out the payments for my accommodation. I would like to be advised on what to do next. Also what will happen after I have sent this evidence that student finance needs to approve my application.
Thank you.

Hi Maltesers99,

Normally we do either email or send a letter if we require more evidence. What evidence have you been asked to send to us?

Thanks Erin
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi Maltesers99,

Normally we do either email or send a letter if we require more evidence. What evidence have you been asked to send to us?

Thanks Erin

Hi,
Yes, which was the reason why I was shocked that another evidence was required. I have been asked to send a letter stating that I was in full time education from september 2014- 6th May 2016. I called again yesterday to recheck and I was told I need to send a DIFFERENT piece of letter- a letter from home office. It is getting quite worrying because I have already sent the letter of my full time education AND the home office letter when it was asked for in the past. Which I have emails from student finance to prove. So this only suggests that the person receiving these evidence are not entering it on your system to show that these have been already submitted. I am also confident that this problem is being caused by those processing the application as my friend also experienced this too- being told to send evidence again that have already been sent to student finance. Luckily her application has been approved after complaining about this. I will be enrolling very soon at my university so I would really appreciate if this is sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Original post by Maltesers99
Hi,
Yes, which was the reason why I was shocked that another evidence was required. I have been asked to send a letter stating that I was in full time education from september 2014- 6th May 2016. I called again yesterday to recheck and I was told I need to send a DIFFERENT piece of letter- a letter from home office. It is getting quite worrying because I have already sent the letter of my full time education AND the home office letter when it was asked for in the past. Which I have emails from student finance to prove. So this only suggests that the person receiving these evidence are not entering it on your system to show that these have been already submitted. I am also confident that this problem is being caused by those processing the application as my friend also experienced this too- being told to send evidence again that have already been sent to student finance. Luckily her application has been approved after complaining about this. I will be enrolling very soon at my university so I would really appreciate if this is sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi,

When we receive any of your evidence a copy is scanned on to your account before being reviewed by our assessors so anything that's been received will be considered before we ask you for further evidence. Unfortunately as we are unable to check your account through The Student Room we can't advise on why your previous evidence was not deemed acceptable and why we have requested more from you but we recommend that you send the information required as soon as possible to ensure that we can proceed with your application.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending